PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots end ticketExchange, go with NFL-wide TicketMaster scheme

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did you get this? I've never, ever heard of that in my 26 years as a season ticket holder. The visiting fans I've encountered get their tix from brokers (Stub Hub, Ace Ticket, etc.). A number of tickets might be reserved for single-game sales but visiting-team fans are not directly accommodated by a home-team allotment. I do know that a small number are set aside for the visiting teams to use for staff and family, but that's like a few dozen.
I didn’t mean to say they are allocated to opposing fans ( I think I said “hsve a chance”) but that my understanding is they can’t sell ty whole stadium as season tickets

I don't know what you mean by this. By "selling on spec," I mean they're selling tickets they don't yet have possession of that will be delivered to the purchaser at a later date, either electronically or mailing the actual tix.
How can they sell specific seats if they don’t know whether they can acquire them?

I didn’t mean to say they are allocated to opposing fans ( I think I said “hsve a chance”) but that my understanding is they can’t sell ty whole stadium as season tickets
OK. Just to satisfy my own curiosity I might call the Patriots and find out if they do indeed hold back a certain number of tickets for single-game sales.

How can they sell specific seats if they don’t know whether they can acquire them?
Maybe I wasn't clear enough: what the brokers sell in advance of the tickets being released from the team come from season ticket holder accounts of their own, and/or tickets promised to them from season ticket holders who sell to the brokers for a profit each year on a prearranged basis. In other words, the brokers know what they'll have available ahead of time, which explains the current listings at outrageous prices. It just wouldn't make sense for the Patriots to list their own tickets at double face value.

Texans season opener: Tickets | New England Patriots vs. Houston Texans - Foxborough, MA at Ticketmaster

Cheapest ticket is $400 in section 315, a $109 face value ticket. What's even funnier is that Seat Geek has better seats for the same price. So much for this new Ticket Exchange opening up tickets for more fans! Rich fans maybe.

Good thing I have nice HDTVs in the house. It'll be different watching all the games from my couch this year.

Mark my words: our dependency on electronics someday will go completely haywire and lives will be ruined as a result.
I think about this sometimes, and not just the internet. What if we had no electronics, and no running water, and no electricity like the poor unfortunate folks around the world who live in war-torn areas or refugee camps? I have to stop myself from thinking about it because it's too scary to think about how dependent I am on modern conveniences and how I probably would not survive if I had to go without all these things.

I think about this sometimes, and not just the internet. What if we had no electronics, and no running water, and no electricity like the poor unfortunate folks around the world who live in war-torn areas or refugee camps? I have to stop myself from thinking about it because it's too scary to think about how dependent I am on modern conveniences and how I probably would not survive if I had to go without all these things.
But for an accident of birth. We take for granted how privileged we are.

We lost power for 2 weeks in 1998. Every day things like laundry, cooking, etc became monumental tasks. Imagine that day after day. The worst part was when we lost the phone. This was before cell phones. Lack of communication was isolating. Now, none of us know what to do if we misplace our phone for 5 minutes. And forget being able to unplug from work. Gone are the days when the weekend was the weekend.

Yep, the Bruins are doing it too. We already had a meltdown by my husband in front of the metal detectors to get in because his cell phone wouldn't load. We had two different ticket orders, so one was on my daughter's phone (we got through the gate) and one was on his phone and it wouldn't load. We had to come back to the gate and download his order on my daughter's phone (thank God for tech-saavy 15 year olds) and hand it back through the metal detector. Luckily the Garden guys didn't have a problem with it. They looked like they've dealt with these glitches before. Not sure what would have happened if we didn't have a 2nd phone.

I do not like the idea of my ticket being on my phone. too many points of failure involved.

One of our sons went to live in Korea 10 years ago. The first thing he talked about after the food was the fact that everyone was walking around everywhere with an electronic device of some kind. That was not the case here at the time. He was being critical then but now never goes anywhere without his smart phone.

As to running water, I was just telling the little woman the other day that I often think how lucky I am that my ancestors settled here in America. I think about it as I'm standing for as long as I want under a hot-as-I-like shower (with multiple spray settings of course) each and every morning.

I think the people you'll need to look for in case it gets really bad are the hunters, for food and protection.

Mark my words: our dependency on electronics someday will go completely haywire and lives will be ruined as a result.
Okay old man river.

Patriots are expensive as f*** this year.

The Pats Bears game at Chicago is far and away the most expensive Bears game this year. And that includes their division matchups vs. Green Bay.

Okay old man river.
I'll forgive you and attribute this ignorant quip to your overall lack of knowledge from limited life experience. Apparently, you've never heard of things like electromagnetic pulse (both naturally occurring and manmade) or cyber attack from foreign belligerents on our electronically vulnerable banking/communication systems and power grid. You'll be the first to commit hari kari when your cell phone, computer and TV go down and your debit card becomes unusable at Taco Bell.

Last edited:
Are tickets already out?

Yes. They are electronic and season ticket holders have "had" them for a month or two.
Aren't they printing tickets for Season ticket holders anymore?

Are season ticket holders getting paper tickets any more or not? If not I am PO'd because the account is in my husband's name, but he never goes to the game and I am sure I will have to go through some rigamarole to get the tix on my phone. Plus, someone asked me for a donation to a charity game and I gave them the preseason tix to the Eagles game. Do I now have to get together with some stranger who won the bid and give that person our account info in order for her to access the tickets? GRRRR...

I just emailed the ticket office and asked them if they're printing tickets for Season ticket holders. I sure hope so. I have lots of them from memerable games including Brady's first start, the opening night at Gillette, the "we're on to Cincinnati" game and on and on. Great memories.

Are season ticket holders getting paper tickets any more or not? If not I am PO'd because the account is in my husband's name, but he never goes to the game and I am sure I will have to go through some rigamarole to get the tix on my phone. Plus, someone asked me for a donation to a charity game and I gave them the preseason tix to the Eagles game. Do I now have to get together with some stranger who won the bid and give that person our account info in order for her to access the tickets? GRRRR...

I know what you mean. I have a co-worker who just found out that he can't go to the season opener so he offered me his tickets. He can't figure out how to get them to me. He went to the season ticket website and the only option is "Sell". He doesn't want to sell them on Ticketmaster, he wants to sell them to me. He's afraid that if he clicks that "Sell" button, they'll pop up on Ticketmaster. This is very frustrating.

Don’t know what they’ve put in place for NFL tickets, but when I’ve bought other kinds of tickets through Ticketmaster I have also have a “transfer” button that lets me transfer the ticket to anyone with a Ticketmaster account. Obviously I don’t do the transfer until I have good funds from the person (or if I trust them to pay me after the transfer).

The ticket office replied and said they will be sending out printed tickets via FedEx in July:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft