PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Now we FINALLY get to see who's better - Ben or Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't believe that people are biting on this. On some message board somewhere this guy is starting a thread about how gullible we are.

I would chalk it up to generalized concern that he/she may be suffering from a form of Stockholm Syndrome after a traumatic experience in a bar or hotel room with Big Ben.:)

Sadly, even the most concerned of us with the poster's grip on reality fold after the comment the game last night was closer than the final score indicated. Lost cause.

Last edited:
Of course I expected some friendly fire after last night's hard fought loss. But let it be known that this game was much closer than the final score indicated.

No, it wasn't. If you're going to troll, at least try to make it semi-believable.

More realistic, less ridiculous question. Big Ben or Eli?

Big Ben looks like he’s really living the “Big” nickname these days. Looked like he already had the postgame buffet before kickoff last night. What’s up with that?

Hi all :)

First, congratulations on your new signing. I'm a bit surprised Father Belichick was eager to take on the headache, but we'll see how all of that plays out in due time.

As a respected, long-time contributor to these forums for over a decade, I feel now is a perfect time to resurrect the long-running debate over who is the better quarterback: Brother Ben or Brother Brady. And that's because there is finally a common denominator between them: Brother AB.

All three of the men are still in their respective primes, and we are only one season removed from Brother Ben's most productive offensive season, with Brother AB being a primary reason. In short, here is what I am saying:

If Brother Brady does not throw for at least 5,129 yards and 34 TD's this season, there is no doubt that Brother Ben is the better quarterback at this juncture.

As for all-time rankings, that is yet to be determined. Both QB's still have many seasons left in the tank to establish their rankings in relation to each other. Brother Ben is only 4 SB victories and 6 SB appearances behind Brother Brady at this time, and by season's end, my guess is he will only be 3 victories and 5 appearances behind.

And as for tomorrow night's epic clash, I'm not sure Father Belichick and company understand just how much of a whirlwind of distraction Brother AB truly is. It's his nature. He causes destructive distraction and frustration involuntarily, and I suspect that will begin in some way as soon as he joins the team. So if he is present in any capacity tomorrow night, I expect the Pats to suffer for it greatly. He will possibly be yapping Brother Brady's ear off already without even being suited up. This will cause #12 to have a subpar game resulting in a one-sided loss to the black n gold.

Final predictions:

Steelers 48
Patriots 13

Brother Ben: 32-45, 425 yds, 5 td's, 0 int's
Brother Brady: 13-31, 145 yds, 1 td, 3 int's

What say you, brothers?

Lmao-what a ridiculous post.

Big Ben looks like he’s really living the “Big” nickname these days. Looked like he already had the postgame buffet before kickoff last night. What’s up with that?

I thought the same.

Last year he went off on his new diet and weight reduction in discussing career longevity. Yesterday, he looked like he decided to go in the other direction in the offseason, committing to embracing sweet gravity and firing off quick passes from a stationary position behind the center.

Of course I expected some friendly fire after last night's hard fought loss. But let it be known that this game was much closer than the final score indicated. A play here, a bounce there, and we're looking at a different outcome with flipped stats for the two mega-star quarterbacks.

Yes, Brother Tom got the better of the stat contest in this micro-battle, but I'm sure these two teams will meet again in January in a far more important clash. And let us not forget that Brother JuJu left the game with an injury, which certainly had a negative effect on Brother Ben's offensive output.

So, all in all, we simply cannot say whom the more elite signal caller is based upon what happened last night. There is more to be determined come January! :cool:

a4oehexcqaasj8y.jpg

tumblr_mrjj7r9X4o1sfnxumo1_400.gif

Last edited:
Feel free to google Patriots - Seahawks and watch the fourth quarter. 2 back to back touchdown drives against one of the greatest defenses of this era, with clutch 3rd down passes. So he had 2 impressive come from behind drives in one single SB quarter.

4th Quarter in atlanta, 2 touchdown drives with 2 2-pt conversions to tie, then a game-winning TD drive in OT.

First super bowl against the Rams, only a field goal drive, but still impressive.

By the way, all 3 of these opponents - miles ahead of that arizona team.
...not to mention, against KC in the AFCCG last season

Hi all :)

First, congratulations on your new signing. I'm a bit surprised Father Belichick was eager to take on the headache, but we'll see how all of that plays out in due time.

As a respected, long-time contributor to these forums for over a decade, I feel now is a perfect time to resurrect the long-running debate over who is the better quarterback: Brother Ben or Brother Brady. And that's because there is finally a common denominator between them: Brother AB.

All three of the men are still in their respective primes, and we are only one season removed from Brother Ben's most productive offensive season, with Brother AB being a primary reason. In short, here is what I am saying:

If Brother Brady does not throw for at least 5,129 yards and 34 TD's this season, there is no doubt that Brother Ben is the better quarterback at this juncture.

As for all-time rankings, that is yet to be determined. Both QB's still have many seasons left in the tank to establish their rankings in relation to each other. Brother Ben is only 4 SB victories and 6 SB appearances behind Brother Brady at this time, and by season's end, my guess is he will only be 3 victories and 5 appearances behind.

And as for tomorrow night's epic clash, I'm not sure Father Belichick and company understand just how much of a whirlwind of distraction Brother AB truly is. It's his nature. He causes destructive distraction and frustration involuntarily, and I suspect that will begin in some way as soon as he joins the team. So if he is present in any capacity tomorrow night, I expect the Pats to suffer for it greatly. He will possibly be yapping Brother Brady's ear off already without even being suited up. This will cause #12 to have a subpar game resulting in a one-sided loss to the black n gold.

Final predictions:

Steelers 48
Patriots 13

Brother Ben: 32-45, 425 yds, 5 td's, 0 int's
Brother Brady: 13-31, 145 yds, 1 td, 3 int's

What say you, brothers?

yeah that's a wierd notion, considering the guy didn't attend training camp, has missed a game already with the Pats, and didn't have 8 years with Brady to build rapport. But this will be the season that tells us who is better with AB.

Here's my "hot take", Ben is a good QB that isn't anywhere near Brady's level and if Ben had to play with the scrubs at wide received and the costant turnover at that position that Brady has, he wouldn't be Canton bound.

I like trolls who put some effort into it :)

Of course I expected some friendly fire after last night's hard fought loss. But let it be known that this game was much closer than the final score indicated. A play here, a bounce there, and we're looking at a different outcome with flipped stats for the two mega-star quarterbacks.

Yes, Brother Tom got the better of the stat contest in this micro-battle, but I'm sure these two teams will meet again in January in a far more important clash. And let us not forget that Brother JuJu left the game with an injury, which certainly had a negative effect on Brother Ben's offensive output.

So, all in all, we simply cannot say whom the more elite signal caller is based upon what happened last night. There is more to be determined come January! :cool:

If by “ hard fought” you mean pathetic then you are onto something. The Stealers got their asses handed to them, and they know it.

Was this ever a question?

A moderator should shut this thread down. It’s idiotic.

I don’t know...this thread isn’t that much different than most delusional Steelers threads on their own forums. Same premise...Ben is better than Brady but due to coaching and cheating, Brady has fooled all of American outside of the truth keepers in Pittsburgh.

In fact I’m guessing a Pats fan is really Gatekeeper, just doing this make a mockery of the Steelers fan base and how delusional and jealous they are.

Meanwhile, one poster on the Steelers board finally steps up. I’ve been saying this for about 15 years about why the Patriots really own the Steelers, at last the most obvious reason.

steelerfury.com • View topic - Any Tomlin defenders left?

Tomlin has to game plan against the best QB who ever lived. Belecheat game plans against Ben. His plan is always the same. Watch who Ben favors and take them out of the game. Ben throws to AB, take away AB. Ben throws to JuJu, take away Juju. Ben isn't up to the task. He never has been. That's why they kill us every year.

Tomlin has a defensive coordinator who looks like he stepped off the set of Deliverance. He didn't promise him the job, Rooney did. Brady steps up to the line of scrimmage, sees what personnel we have on the field, and throws what ever we probably can't defend against. He doesn't over think it. Take 6 or 8 yards for a simple throw. Our D will eventually tire from being on the field too much. Look for our weak link. Williams covering a WR, a rookie free safety, etc. We played man all night tonight. That is what we all wanted. Brady is too good. We need to pressure him up the middle, but we took Hargrave out when he is clearly our best interior rush threat. Why not take out Dupree and have Tuitt play end.

I know everyone here hates Tomlin. People should start holding Ben responsible for the performances in New England. He is easy to game plan against. He makes big money, he should start earning it. If Tomlin had Brady, we would have won multiple super bowls also. I am not saying Tomlin is equal to Belecheat, he is clearly not. But he doesn't get to play with the same deck.

Well played. You have them hook line and sinker. Grid?

Either you got sucked from an alternate time dimension or aren't very smart because this topic has never even been debated.

Well, this is after the fact, but we knew way before last night that Brother Brady is light years better than Brother Ben. Brother Brady went into the game with one of his two favorite targets having retired, and the other one being unavailable during the preseason. He proceeded, as he always does, to light up the Steelers. Brother Ben, also missing his favorite or best target, stunk up the joint. You could say, after last night's performance, that one of the brothers needs AB in order to be successful, while the other will just add him as a nice complement to the rest of his extensive reportoire. I'm sure you can figure out which brother is which.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes