PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Now Hunter Henry signs with New England:

Not at all. We need at least 3 TE. He will only learn from these 2. He is young.
He’s done. His rookie contract is over before the 2 guys who will get all of the playing time are gone.
I mean being the goal line 3rd TE playing 12 snaps a month may be available but that’s as good as gone.

I don’t think either Asiasi or Keene’s jobs will be safe. Pretty easy to see Izzo and one, if not both of them, battling it out for the TE3 role. The team can now pretty much attack out of any personnel grouping that they please. I’d say they still need another WR in the draft as insurance against Harry continuing to suck (draft is very deep at this position) and they’re clearly interested in an RB. Other than that? Trade up in the first and grab a QB and we are set for some time on offense.

LOL that people thought the team would have trouble signing FAs. Money talks.
I would agree with you on Keene, I expect bigger things from Asiasi though and think he will be good for us.

excited loop GIF

BB right now

Agholor pulls a safety deep, Meyers keeps a CB2 outside. Defense is light? Maul them with your great OL and two good blocking TE's and let Harris go to work. Defense is heavy? Playaction the F**K out of it and see which of your good pass catching TE's are open in the seam.

Don't be surprised if Harry is on the field on a lot of plays. This is gonna be a run heavy team and Harry is our best blocking WR.

Another WR, either drafted or a resign of someone like Byrd to compete for #4 this year, plus a RB to replace White would be good adds. But primarily, the only thing this offense is really lacking right now (besides the obvious QB situation) is a center. Get Andrews back on board and then everything else you add can be low cost fliers and draftees to round out competition.
It depends on how much Andrews wants. Granted, he may increase his asking price now that he sees the team throwing around money like a drunken sailor in a strip club. But there are good centers in the draft too. If he wants top of the market money when he still gets overpowered too often by bigger DTs, then I wish him the best of luck.

Well there is one. He sucks.
If he starts week 1 I dont expect him to be starting by week 4. No tolerance now and this offense is a rookie #1 drafted QBs dream.
Exactly my second tought after the HE signing. Such mismatch Weapons and Redzone Threats with a good protection and run game is huge helpful for the development. I hope whoever plays QB can hit them

Exactly my second tought after the HE signing. Such mismatch Weapons and Redzone Threats with a good protection and run game is huge helpful for the development. I hope whoever plays QB can hit them
Think about it. You’ve built a great OL and running game. You have 2 safety net TEs. Your offense is a walking mismatch with TEs that are a dangerous as wrs and when you consider we will likely only use 2 wrs on most plays we actually have a deep versatile group. (Assuming Edelman is healthy)

Don't be surprised if Harry is on the field on a lot of plays. This is gonna be a run heavy team and Harry is our best blocking WR.

I mean, it's hard to not be surprised by anything Harry does at this point, but this definitely helps him slide into a role that's better suited for him (which may be very limited). It won't make him worth the 1st round pick, but it CAN make him more efficient at the snaps he's actually asked to take.

In general, this team could trot out a lot of formations right now, though depending on Edelman's health and Harry's "development", they're a bit thin to consistently go 4 wide. But I could our base being 2 TE (with either 2 WR or 1 WR and 1 FB), with a heavy dose of 1TE/3WR packages in there. If Harry can be one of our WR in goal line packages, I'll take that this year.

I would agree with you on Keene, I expect bigger things from Asiasi though and think he will be good for us.
I think it's a major question if Asiasi and Keene are on the team next year.

Holy crap!

Think about it. You’ve built a great OL and running game. You have 2 safety net TEs. Your offense is a walking mismatch with TEs that are a dangerous as wrs and when you consider we will likely only use 2 wrs on most plays we actually have a deep versatile group. (Assuming Edelman is healthy)
Yep, I hope Agholor strechtes the Field a bit but for that your QB needs to show he can hit 25+ yards throws. That would be amazing. I'm really excited and did not expect another vet TE at all, but rookie QB must be loving this

NOW IM ****ING EXCITED

THey did, but 31 other teams were also present, so who knows how much interest the Pats have in him. His pro day was really good, although he let a few throws get away from him.

I think it's a major question if Asiasi and Keene are on the team next year.
I could see Asiasi still on the team but not keene

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Back