PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Player Signing Now Hunter Henry signs with New England:

Kraft deserves some credit. Not every owner would give the go ahead on this level of spending.
The same argument that comes into play when fans call Tug Bob Smear Pants cheap is in play now. There's a salary cap.

I LOVE Hunter Henry

Back to 2010 we go! Lol

Maybe. I wonder what the plans are with this offense.

Cam can’t be QB1 in an offense like that can he?
I think Bill will have a quarterback competition at training camp. I hope he drafts a quarterback that will compete with Cam & Stidham.

Matt Stafford "anywhere but NE"

regret GIF

no. i made a bad gangbang/gronk/sex joke but i didnt realize it was bad til after i posted it so i am just here to suffer the consequences of **** comedy
ahhhhh....now i get it. i'm a little slow on the uptake. i was in football mode.

Cam and NE winning SB56

Bill is building around Cam. Players contrary to popular belief want to play with Cam.

Cam's passing numbers blew because he had no TE, bad WR's .. not anymore

I heart Hunter Henry

I forgot the exact source, but I read something that said NE sent their “top” or (one of their top) scouts to look at Lance. I’ll try to find it

Updated: Patriots sent their most experienced college scout to attend Trey Lance’s Pro Day

I mentioned it in another post, but 31 other teams sent scouts to Lance's pro day, so we really don't know NE's actual level of interest in him...you would think if they were super interested then BB would have been there himself...

I agree with this.

Partly true. Other part is he is not a very good passer and his physical abilities (footwork, arm strength) have deteriorated
You'll see you're wrong on this in 6 months or so. Cam in 10 years has never had a loaded offense ripe for big passing days. Now he will. Last time he threw for 4,000 yards, Carolina ran many two TE sets w/ Shockey, Olsen, and Cam thrived. That was 2011 - the season Cam had best supporting cast he ever had. Until now.

The problem is draft choices are younger and cheaper which is another reason I like that most of these guys are young.

Had we drafted Judon, Smith, Henry, Bourne, agholor, mills godshauk 3-5 years ago and just signed them to their second contracts, we would be raving about those draft classes.
True, but there's a chance that any draft pick could be a bust and you basically know what you're getting with proven players.

I recently looked at the HOF to see where all those players were drafted, excluding the players who came into the league in the 30's when there wasn't a draft.

Of the remaining 270 players 50 were taken equally among the first 4 picks.
33 were taken in picks 50-100.
31 were taken in picks 100-322 (Rosey Brown)
26 were undrafted

Cam and NE winning SB56

Bill is building around Cam. Players contrary to popular belief want to play with Cam.

The first couple of games he looked servicable. After that though, the accuracy was just plain awful, even on easy swing passes and screens. Some deep balls made it seem like his shoulder wasn't really the problem, but just awful mechanics/footwork.

I wonder if he has a Tom House-like guru to fix his mechanics. I'd guess not.

Cam and NE winning SB56

I've learned everything looks good on paper in march or april, but may not pan out in the fall. I don't see the pats making the SB yet.

You'll see you're wrong on this in 6 months or so. Cam in 10 years has never had a loaded offense ripe for big passing days. Now he will. Last time he threw for 4,000 yards, Carolina ran many two TE sets w/ Shockey, Olsen, and Cam thrived. That was 2011 - the season Cam had best supporting cast he ever had. Until now.
OK maybe but that doesn't change his physical deterioration.

Cam and NE winning SB56

Yes and no.

I do believe Cam still has an aura and, yes, I think players want to play with him. I also do not dobut he is a very good leader in the room and does work super hard.

That being said, his numbers certainly were not helped by the atrocious cast around him... BUT, and it is a huge but, they were HISTORICALLY BAD because his arm is shot and he never had any pocket awareness. He is a freak athlete who relies on that to perform. Once that's gone... and some of it is... well, you suck ass. Cam might look better this year, but he should not be this team's starter if we hope to make some noise.

Wow Bill had no faith in the rookie TEs.
So you're saying he should have passed on Henry and Smith because of the rookies?

Izzo headed to the sun
A line Mark Sessler would be proud of!

What happened to "I'm not collecting talent, I'm building a football team."?
How is this not building a football team?

this is how bad teams get better. literally every team is ignoring the cap. Why can't we when there's big improvements needed.
I buy the convergence theory. The cap went down because of COVID. NE has a lot of cap room after clearing off old contracts such as TB12's. Lots of other teams did not have cap space because they were in their "windows" whereas we decided ours was closed at least one year ago, probably two. This means a lot more talent was on the market than in normal years. It also means players will get signed for more next year since media deals will be signed and at least some stadiums will be open. It's a good year to spurge.

After Henry’s comments about wanting to play with a good QB I didn’t think the Pats had any shot at him. Either he took the money without a good QB or Bill sold him on a future QB addition.
Money talks, bull :poop: walks, and there sure has been a lot of :poop: flung around here recently.

Other part is he is not a very good passer and his physical abilities (footwork, arm strength) have deteriorated.
He's a place holder on a one year deal with Fitzy money. He's not the long term answer.

Well, you say so, so it must be true!
Why be an ass? I am stating my opinion.
when did I ever say only my opinion can be right.
I backed up my opinion with what I see as the facts. Your argument isn’t doing anything to change my mind. If you want to believe that a team that signs 2 TEs near the top of the market price is showing you they have confidence in the guy who was the 2nd or 3rd TE last year go ahead.
But the fact that your point doesn’t make much sense and you can’t defend it is what it is.
Trying to make it about me being stubborn only shows you know you are wrong.

But by all means show me where I even implied that I said it so it must be true.
Very lame.

Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
Back