PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Notes from Jetsinsider

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
To shwo you where th e differnce in Pats fans attitudes and Jets Fans are.

A prominent post on Jetsinsider sask the query:

Are the Jerts better than 2009 or 2010.

A consensnus seems to say that "We lost quite a bit of talent, but certain "intangibles" will outweigh the loss of talent at various positions like WR, and RS, and maybe RB, and RT, and several positions on the Defensive line."

The intangibles are a third season of Wrecks Coaching. Plus the mystical feeling that Sanchize will be better with lesser talent around him to throw to, and a more porous O-line, and lesser talent at RB.

Although many said that Wrecks blitzes were being o****ered by more teams as the second season wore on. However he will certainly develop new blitzes that will intimidate and fool everyone.

I certainly agree the overall Jets talent is a lot less and older. But I do agree than Sanchize should improve in his third year as a starter. He might complete as much as 55% of his pass attempts, too.

To shwo you where th e differnce in Pats fans attitudes and Jets Fans are.

A prominent post on Jetsinsider sask the query:

Are the Jerts better than 2009 or 2010.

A consensnus seems to say that "We lost quite a bit of talent, but certain "intangibles" will outweigh the loss of talent at various positions like WR, and RS, and maybe RB, and RT, and several positions on the Defensive line."

The intangibles are a third season of Wrecks Coaching. Plus the mystical feeling that Sanchize will be better with lesser talent around him to throw to, and a more porous O-line, and lesser talent at RB.

Although many said that Wrecks blitzes were being o****ered by more teams as the second season wore on. However he will certainly develop new blitzes that will intimidate and fool everyone.

I certainly agree the overall Jets talent is a lot less and older. But I do agree than Sanchize should improve in his third year as a starter. He might complete as much as 55% of his pass attempts, too.

So how exactly is their attitude different? Had we had significant losses in this offseason you just know most people here would try to spin a tale of how the team would progress in spite of it. Those kind of statements by Jets fans are no more homeristic and deluded than a lot of stuff you read here everyday.

Where are the threads on the Bills ???

Probably on the boards of teams who consider them a contender and were knocked out of the playoffs by them last year.

Exactly!

As though the obsession with the Jets team was not enough already, we are starting discussions about the fans now? Its looking pathetic.

Actually I'm hoping some decent Jet fans will come over here to post and argue for their team. I refuse to post at JI anymore. It once was a good site to interject some opinions when they had threads that discuss the Pats. However in recent years the site has driven away most of their best posters, and the few that remain are constantly badgered by the gang of internet "tough guys" who demand to see only the "Party Line". its like the USSR in the 50's over there.

If you are a Jet fan at JI currently then:

Plax is a huge upgrade over Edwards (despite the fact that he's slow and hasn't played the game in over 2 years)

The DL is better (despite the fact that they lost their best DLman and ASSUME that their 2 DL draftees will immediately start and be great)

They have no problem at LB (despite the fact they 3 of the are over 30, have underperformed their contracts had have been in decline recently)

The 2ndary is better - Even though they added no one new.

Their OL is better (even though they lost Woody, Slauson is a JAG and DuCasse a bust (so far)

Sanchez WILL be better (despite the fact his OL, WRs, and TEs aren't as good as they have been)

Now the fact is that Sanchez COULD be better, but Jet fans are COUNTING on him being able to CARRY his team a la Tom Brady. That AIN'T happenin'

So how exactly is their attitude different? Had we had significant losses in this offseason you just know most people here would try to spin a tale of how the team would progress in spite of it. Those kind of statements by Jets fans are no more homeristic and deluded than a lot of stuff you read here everyday.

Who did the Pats lose this offseason who was a contributor last year? They also added some real talent with the draft and free agency and have a bunch of guys coming back from injury. Who is delusional? :bricks:

Actually I'm hoping some decent Jet fans will come over here to post and argue for their team. I refuse to post at JI anymore. It once was a good site to interject some opinions when they had threads that discuss the Pats. However in recent years the site has driven away most of their best posters, and the few that remain are constantly badgered by the gang of internet "tough guys" who demand to see only the "Party Line". its like the USSR in the 50's over there.

If that's the case at Jets Insider, then I find their other board Gang Green to be much more reasonable. Obviously they have their share of homers, but they seem much more level-headed and realistic about how the team has changed since last year. Not that we should be talking about this on a Pats board in the first place :bricks:

Jets signed Derrick Mason. They are improving upon WRs definitely.

Who did the Pats lose this offseason who was a contributor last year? They also added some real talent with the draft and free agency and have a bunch of guys coming back from injury. Who is delusional? :bricks:

Unless this is sarcasm, you really should have read my post more carefully.

Used to read JI but Ken is spot on. Always over the top it was once entertaining but now it's strict party line and over the top irrational. Also dominated by homophobes with serious psychological projection going on with all things Brady and Pats. A couple "Brady is gay" comments now and then can even be humorous but continuous strident perverse homophobic hatred is not.

Last edited:
Unless this is sarcasm, you really should have read my post more carefully.

Whoops, I misread. You're still wrong tho. There's a ton of folks here who are very critical of the pats. Go take a look at the record prediction thread. Most folks predicted a worse record than last year even though we added much and lost little. Sure, we have our share of homers, but it's not even close to the mass delusion consistently expressed on Jets boards.

Whoops, I misread. You're still wrong tho. There's a ton of folks here who are very critical of the pats. Go take a look at the record prediction thread. Most folks predicted a worse record than last year even though we added much and lost little. Sure, we have our share of homers, but it's not even close to the mass delusion consistently expressed on Jets boards.

Guilty as charged.
I thought 12-4 as my best outlook with 11-5 likely

Last edited:

Nothing personal ken but you are attempting to rationalize the Jet's fans. The fans who anoint themselves Super Bowl contenders year after year. The same fans who post threads about having their hearts ripped out year after year. Lastly the same fans who thought Favre would lead them to the promised land. These are not rational people - 42 years is a lifetime.

heh...the demise of JI can be directly linked to two of their members...Vin the pinhead and Slikmojet...one should be behind bars, the other in a rubber room...

To borrow RodThePat's question:

How's that different from what's happened here?

heh...the demise of JI can be directly linked to two of their members...Vin the pinhead and Slikmojet...one should be behind bars, the other in a rubber room...

sg3 runs a close 3rd then!

If you are a Jet fan at JI currently then:

Plax is a huge upgrade over Edwards (despite the fact that he's slow and hasn't played the game in over 2 years)

--He isn't. Can he be? Absolutely. But the odds are heavily stacked against him. Any Jet fan who tells you otherwise is delusional. He hasn't played in 2+ years, and the first time he steps foot on the field he rolls his ankle.

The DL is better (despite the fact that they lost their best DLman and ASSUME that their 2 DL draftees will immediately start and be great)

--This can go either way. Most Pats fans on this board severely overrate Ellis, due to his monster game against you guys in the playoffs. If you take away that game, he was a below average defensive end for most of 2010. That isn't a knock on him at all. He's a true Jet, one of my favorites. He is however, very old. I think the new infusion of talent we drafted will give us good speed off the edge, allowing us to free up our linebackers.

They have no problem at LB (despite the fact they 3 of the are over 30, have underperformed their contracts had have been in decline recently)

--Bart Scott is still one of the better ILB in the league. Bryan Thomas is TERRIBLE. I'll give you that one. Its put up or shut up for Pace as far as I'm concerned. I was shocked when I heard Rex say his broken foot last year only healed 20%. If he sucks this year, he's gonna be a goner, but he's a Jet I expect big things out of this year.

The 2ndary is better - Even though they added no one new.

--It is better by default. Cromartie has a year under the system (and played pretty damn well last year; 3rd best burn rate success in the NFL, with Revis being 1st). Revis is healthy. Jimmy Leonhard is completely healthy. Brodney Pool came on very strong last year in the playoffs, and much like Cromartie has a full year under the defensive system.

Their OL is better (even though they lost Woody, Slauson is a JAG and DuCasse a bust (so far)

---I don't know if its better or worse, but its still pretty damn good. Slauson played well above average last year, and Hunter didn't allow a sack when he filled in the last 6+ games of the season for Woody. I've seen a lot of Pats fans say we have holes at OL, but I disagree. This is one position where we will continue to excel.

Sanchez WILL be better (despite the fact his OL, WRs, and TEs aren't as good as they have been)

-He should be if he progresses like I think he should. I said from the moment we drafted him you have to give him 3 full seasons in the NFL before one can gauge how good/bad of a QB he can be for the simple reason of how few games he started in college (believe it was only 16). There is absolutely no precedent for a QB to start that few games in college, and start right away in the NFL.

As much as I like Sanchez and think he CAN be good going foward, I, unlike most Jet fans will admit his shortcoming in the regular season. His stats are ugly, plain and simple. For him to get better he NEEDS to hit that 60% accuracy mark this year and maintain a 2:1 TD/INT ratio. If he can do those two things, then I think we have our franchise QB going forward. If he can't then I think we'll be in trouble.

Now the fact is that Sanchez COULD be better, but Jet fans are COUNTING on him being able to CARRY his team a la Tom Brady. That AIN'T happenin'

----I responded to your other points in the quoted area. I was a tard and didn't separate it out right.
--No Jet fan is counting on Sanchez to CARRY this team. If they do then again, they are delusional. As long as Rex is this teams head coach, that will never be the case with the defense we should have. He merely needs to be average and not throw costly interceptions, and we will be fine.

And No problem man. I love talking objective football on other teams message boards. Finally got a username here after it took me 2 weeks to get activated. Look forward to talking smack for the weeks to come with you guys.

Last edited:
this thread serves no useful purpose. Calling out posters at JI leads to others make stupid comments.

! poster was banned and another give infraction- let's end this.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye