PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not worried about the Pats... here's five reasons why...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am relaxed and not worried because I have not had high expectations this year unlike last year when I had high expectations. Got momentarily psyched near the end of the Phins game, but the last 10 seconds of debacle got me grounded. Did think they'd pull of a tie in 4th QTR of Squealers game. Gonna enjoy these last 2 garbage games and not stress out about playoff games. At leas that's what I'm telling myself and believe, for now.

I'm old enough to remember... and this season reminds me of the 1968-69 Celtics season, Russell's last. They routinely won 55-60 games ( about 75%, sound familiar?) but that season after starting 18-6, they went 30-28 the rest of the way, finishing 48-34, 4th in the East, unheard of... BUT they got their act together in the playoffs and won it all, their 11th in 13 years.....

Faith dies last. Till the ball is in the play I believe in our ultimate success :)

I'm old enough to remember... and this season reminds me of the 1968-69 Celtics season, Russell's last. They routinely won 55-60 games ( about 75%, sound familiar?) but that season after starting 18-6, they went 30-28 the rest of the way, finishing 48-34, 4th in the East, unheard of... BUT they got their act together in the playoffs and won it all, their 11th in 13 years.....
I was thinking of the 69 Celtic correlation also. Though, not sure it's here yet (as that was the absolute end to that dynasty).

And they did it by taking 3 of 5 from the 76ers, 4 of 7 against the Knicks and finished it on the road in game 7 against a Lakers team that was stacked.

It's amazing to me how much more enjoyable it is to watch a game and be excited for a win...because you really weren't expecting it.

It's way too easy to take this excellence for granted year in and year out.

For example, I thought KC was going to run the Pats out of town...and the Pats won. Truly enjoyable - I was even laughing out loud on the 75-yard 1-play TD that gave Brady 3+ minutes to respond for the win.

So that's how I'm watching the rest of the year, even against the Bills and the Jets. No pressure, just entertainment.

It's amazing to me how much more enjoyable it is to watch a game and be excited for a win...because you really weren't expecting it.

It's way too easy to take this excellence for granted year in and year out.

For example, I thought KC was going to run the Pats out of town...and the Pats won. Truly enjoyable - I was even laughing out loud on the 75-yard 1-play TD that gave Brady 3+ minutes to respond for the win.

So that's how I'm watching the rest of the year, even against the Bills and the Jets. No pressure, just entertainment.
Yep, we’re spoiled for sure. Before Brady and Belichick we’d have been GIDDY about 11-5, winning the division and a home playoff game.

And they did it by taking 3 of 5 from the 76ers, 4 of 7 against the Knicks and finished it on the road in game 7 against a Lakers team that was stacked.
Poor Jerry West, it was the 8th time he lost to the Celtics in the finals.....

As good a place as any for this, I guess:

For reference, the Pats have made 16 INTs, which ranks them 4th in the league.

Poor Jerry West, it was the 8th time he lost to the Celtics in the finals.....
Every single year the media would drool and pick the Lakers to win it all! I remember the 70's; their back! No, they weren't talking about the Cowens led Celtics.

Huge!

Haven’t given up on this season by any measure.

D is hitting its straps, Run game and special teams looking good.

Brady look great against the Vikings and the Dolphins and he looked fine against the Steelers losing 10 yards every third play isn’t helpful and will cause a loss of rhythm. If our biggest worry is Brady then there is no worry- how many times has he turned it on for us- he will no doubt do it again

My five reasons (for the moment):
- Pats beat Buffalo Sunday
- Chargers lose to Ravens
- Texans lose to Eagles
- Steelers lose to Saints (Super Bowl hangover)
- Chiefs lose to Seahawks
/*Goes to bed early, wakes up to check Sunday night score*/
....Five for five!
Go Raiduhs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back