PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Not liking what I’m reading about the locker room

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be more concerned if the locker room was relaxed and care free or emotionless. They should be on edge and upset. You never want a player to act be carefree when in this position. I want to see that fire.

With proper coaching they should be able to channel that emotion into their best performance of the season on Sunday.

Yeah I think it's very telling that none of them mentioned AB at all so it's clear as day that he's at the forefront of the entire team's mind 24x7.

Sadly there are way too many people on here for which this part is very true.

It’s pretty clear they want AB back.

This season could go south in a hurry like 2009... time for the leaders in there to step up. Now.

Do your freaking job

Pats started out with a cupcake schedule, hitting on all cylinders...Chiefs looked like crap and no one had emerged.

Then they hit a stretch of tough games against 6 teams in a row that can beat anyone on a given Sunday, and with three of the six getting byes and a fourth getting 11 days - and they got punched in the mouth by a peaking Baltimore team, then got punched in the flu-ripped gut by the Texans, then got b***+-slapped in the first half by the Chiefs.

So they sucked it up and made a game of it and should have been driving for a tying field goal or TD win (which is very different than when the other team KNOWS you need the TD), but got a couple of back breaks on bad calls.

Happens.

So now they're finally pissed off (and it showed in the second half when they started punching back, when they started hitting a bit harder all over the field).

Now they've been tested under fire and they don't like the results.

So fix it.

Get pissed off and fix it. And FFS, get N'Keal Harry involved in the *%(#*%$&^O@ offense!

Get the bye, take care of business, and if you have to go to Baltimore, then go there with a huge chip on your shoulder.

The players are angry and on edge?

They must have watched the film of Dorsett the last 3 weeks.

They've been playing like crap, but I do not think attitude is an issue. They still fight hard til the end and I do not see quit in this team which is good

Why? That’s a good/great thing.

Bro, I'd be disappointed as hell if my team was not on edge after that loss. How they direct it is he more important facet to keep an eye on.

This season has tested this teams integrity at all seams. Rife with injuries that demolished our run game potential, a depleted WR core where Jules is producing 1,000 yds - in pain, an apparent "not in the same page" moment between owner and GM (how true this is, I have no idea, I did not pay much attention to the AB saga after he got cut), o-line veterans having a down year, absolutely no production from our TE group, having a rough stretch of games that we're used to the Patriots squeaking out with a winning record where we did not, and more.

Brady's talent has been questioned. He's been tugged around by reporters monitoring his every facial expression and every word said. Meanwhile, Bill has fashioned an absolutely INSANE defense that has taken a sort of faux-hit. Their stat-line dominance would have continued, no question, if our offense could have stayed on the field longer in many games (regardless, I think they're still the best in the league by a long shot. Field any other strong defenses for as many snaps as ours have had to play, following up 3-and-outs from the O so often, and they would've been burnt to toast by the end of the season).

I'm not holding my breath. I'm not estatic with confidence. But if this team takes the W in the post-season, this will be by far one of the most incredible feats of will I've witnessed from a team.

If we move into the post-season with the bye, and are looking at playing the Chiefs, then Ravens? By God, it will be amazing if we beat them. I would seriously love nothing more (other than an SB win, of course).

One step at a time, working with hand you're dealt. That's all they can do at this point. And if there is any singular team that can do it? It's the goddamn New England Patriots.

I would hate to play this team the next several weeks. If they win out, and of course that’s a big IF, they will be in the same position as if they won yesterday but now more focused and angry.

stop f**king concern trolling. the 2009 team wouldn't have given a s**t about that loss

"Any (Patriot) who feels he cannot handle the situation, can leave the ship right now."

It's very simple, if there Patriots cannot go 3-0 at Cincinnati, home vs buffalo, and home vs Miami and in doing so EARN a bye, then they have no one to blame but themselves..refs shouldn't matter vs those 3 teams... just ****ing do your job

not sure what you expected - an ice cream party?
I think you can tell from BB's supportive comments that the attitude and efforts by these guys is excellent..

This season could go south in a hurry like 2009... time for the leaders in there to step up. Now.

Do your freaking job

You would prefer them to be happy and content after losing 2 in a row?

Did Sanu show them how to make a draft pick disappear?

"on edge" and "angry" is exactly how they should feel, I really don't see the problem. I'll take this over a team being comfortable or even okay with losing any day.

This is fine. If they were demonstrating feelings associated with being unfazed or content, then I’d start to worry.

Yeah I think it's very telling that none of them mentioned AB at all so it's clear as day that he's at the forefront of the entire team's mind 24x7.

The locker room has an internal message board, and the Antonio Brown thread is even longer among the 53 than PatsFans. It’s nuts. Fist fights, swearing...they’ve divided into two sides and and both are fearing factions and deserters. Brady is leading the pro-AB group and the entire receiving corps the anti-AB group. That’s why we’re seeing frustration and chemistry problems on the field. I know someone with inside information.

If the AB thing is a problem in the locker room then they need to get a grip. He is gone.

The only people that need a grip are those fans who just cant get over it.

I can guarantee you that AB has not been a topic besides "have you seen what he has posted now?" inside the locker room. Year after year they have gotten over major injuries, traded beloved players and even a murderer.

They have been over AB and moved on the afternoon after he was cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST