PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NO Snow showers during Saturdays game against the Tebows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Snow showers during Saturdays game against the Tebows

I'm really dreading the cold. Every time I look at the forecast it gets colder and colder!

i don't know about you guys, but i'm up here in montreal area and it's supposed to be -21 celsius saturday night, and sunday a high of -21 c , and low of -25 c

brrrrr

i don't know about you guys, but i'm up here in montreal area and it's supposed to be -21 celsius saturday night, and sunday a high of -21 c , and low of -25 c

brrrrr

Thats crazy cold but in MA anyway so far (knock on wood) the winter has been mild. Especially when compared to last year. WOW!

brrrrr

My senior year of H.S. we moved from Melbourne, FL, to Peru, NY, about 70 miles south of Montreal. We actually lived in the Adirondack State Park.

Here's a pic of my brother during the first snow storm we experienced that year.

Talk about climate change!

Christmas Day 1978

179089_10150089465984846_757804845_5821771_4926356_n.jpg

Last edited:
My senior year of H.S. we moved from Melbourne, FL, to Peru, NY, about 70 miles south of Montreal. We actually lived in the Adirondack State Park.

Here's a pic of my brother during the first snow storm we experienced that year.

Talk about climate change!

Christmas Day 1978

179089_10150089465984846_757804845_5821771_4926356_n.jpg

That's a man? :rolleyes:

I agree with first part of your statement.....His wobbly duck passes will be blowing all over the place if it is as windy as they say it could be. However, I do not think he has tremendous arm strength, he has a horribly slow delivery....and I can honestly say that I have rarely if ever seen him throw a TIGHT spiral!!!! (and I had to watch alot of his games down here in florida because a good friend was a florida alumni)

QUOTE=mgcolby;2893233]Those wobbly ducks will be blown all over the place. However, he does have the ability and arm strength to cut through the wind if he does get a tight spiral on the ball. Not something he does consistantly, but something he is capable of doing.[/QUOTE]

Latest.

A shade under 20 and a wind of 11-14 mph. Brrr. Not quite as cold as the Drew Bennett/Titans game, but getting there.

usually when it's 10 out it's too cold for snow..no moisture :rocker:

Latest.

A shade under 20 and a wind of 11-14 mph. Brrr. Not quite as cold as the Drew Bennett/Titans game, but getting there.

This game is still going to feel like 20 deg warmer than that...man that was COLD

I agree with first part of your statement.....His wobbly duck passes will be blowing all over the place if it is as windy as they say it could be. However, I do not think he has tremendous arm strength, he has a horribly slow delivery....and I can honestly say that I have rarely if ever seen him throw a TIGHT spiral!!!! (and I had to watch alot of his games down here in florida because a good friend was a florida alumni)

As I stated, he doesn't throw spirals consistantly, but the ball he threw to DT at the sticks on 3rd and 9 across his body to his right, was a very nice ball with a tight spiral. Which showed he has the ability. The question is can he do that consistantly, and for this game I think the answer is no.

If he develops ever gets that part of his game down in the future, he will be a very dangerous QB in this league.

Please tell me the wind will be minimal!!!! PLEASE!!!! PLEASE!!! PLEASE!!!

New Orleans snow showers? Why would they affect a game in Foxborough?

20-25 at kick off...

by 4th it looks to be down to 10-5

20-25 sux and wind does not impact the run game and Denver is good at that. I hope the winds die down quickly!!!

I'm not even a little worried about the weather.

Last December, after playing the Bears in bad weather, Brady improved to 32-4 in games where the temperature was 40 or below. He is 10-0 in snow games in his career. In the Bears game last December, he was 27 of 40 for 369 yards, 2 TDs and 0 Ints. In addition to the snow and cold, that game had blustery winds. Brady might be one of the best ever in winter weather conditions.

That said, I'm not sure how much weather will affect the Broncos but if there is any advantage to be gained from a bad weather game, I would say the edge goes to the Patriots.

Here's the article where I yanked the winter weather stats from:
Uncommon in the Cold

I'm not even a little worried about the weather.

Last December, after playing the Bears in bad weather, Brady improved to 32-4 in games where the temperature was 40 or below. He is 10-0 in snow games in his career. In the Bears game last December, he was 27 of 40 for 369 yards, 2 TDs and 0 Ints. In addition to the snow and cold, that game had blustery winds. Brady might be one of the best ever in winter weather conditions.

That said, I'm not sure how much weather will affect the Broncos but if there is any advantage to be gained from a bad weather game, I would say the edge goes to the Patriots.

Here's the article where I yanked the winter weather stats from:
Uncommon in the Cold

Those are some great stats! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand