PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Nnamdi Asomugha Sweepstakes(merged, again!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Aso just wants to play in a real stadium that houses just 1 team rather than the New Meadowlands Team Hostel & Boarding House.

I type in NFL.com and I see both Ryan brothers dominating the opening page with Aso between them.

Just noticed that they also play one another in week 1. Couldn't have written it better myself.

I type in NFL.com and I see both Ryan brothers dominating the opening page with Aso between them.

Just noticed that they also play one another in week 1. Couldn't have written it better myself.

Here's the pic:

n_asomugha_ryans_110729_CP.jpg

I'm sorry but am I alone on this? Does anyone else think that a Jets secondary with Aso is better than our secondary?

In a word, yes. You are alone in this. They have zero depth. zero ability to cover a third receiver, zero ability to cover field-stretching TEs. You mentioned in another post that they dont need safety help. Great, I would love to see welker lined up across any of their safeties or nickel backs. They have no one of note beyond Asomugha (if he signs) and Revis. It would be a field day with the stable of RBs that we have coming out of the backfield, two strong offensive TEs and the best slot receiver in the business.

The Jets are sacrificing the growth of Sanchez and that offense if Asomugha is signed.

They will likely be all but guaranteed to lose Edwards and not have much for Sanchez to build upon.

The Jets would be a version of the Ravens ....All D but nothing to talk about on offense and we all see what the Ravens have failed to do the past few years with a great D but pourous offense....and no Super Bowl Appearance

I wouldn't say we're sacfrificing the growth of Sanchez. At this stage he needs to sink or swim, I mean it's not like Holmes, Cotchery, Keller for weapons isn't adequate, throw in a solid line and running game. Sanchez has improved so far, he needs to maintain that now with or without Edwards. No excuses.

Didn't the Ravens win a SB with a setup like that?

Apparently that kid who supposably had sources that said the deal was done last night now is claiming that the Jets have a six year deal done with Asomugha for $13.5 million a year. I actually hope this will happen because Revis will hit the roof and demand $16 million a year.

Apparently that kid who supposably had sources that said the deal was done last night now is claiming that the Jets have a six year deal done with Asomugha for $13.5 million a year. I actually hope this will happen because Revis will hit the roof and demand $16 million a year.

Its about time.

They had Kyle Wilson last year. I don't even remember his name being called.

Because he was awful. Still have hope for him though, but he's not really a factor in the Nnamdi sweepstakes as we need a #2 CB regardless. Wilson just isn't ready.

I'm torn on the whole deal. Honestly, some of you guys are making far too big a deal out of our safeties, because honestly, they were pretty bad last year and we got away with it for the most part, still had a pretty dominant D. Some of you acting like Nnamdi wouldn't be a major upgrade for this D on last years sound quite delusional, I mean Antonio Cromartie? I mean he has his moments but ffs he's a liability at times and it showed.

Unless we somehow end up with no-one (And with how long this is taking that could happen) we'll still be a good team next season and the AFC East will again be a two horse race. I'm just torn on this whole Nnamdi thing.

It's looking more and more like the Jets. Lomardi just posted this on Twitter.

@michaelombardi Michael Lombardi

I am told that the Jets have redone the contracts of B Scott, LT, C Pace, Brandone Moore as well as Brunnell to set the stage for Asomugha.

Damn!

we'll still be a good team next season and the AFC East will again be a two horse race. I'm just torn on this whole Nnamdi thing.

The only reason the Jets aren't completely imploding right now is because the comisioner slipped them a get of out cap hell free card into the CBA.

Last edited:

He's not getting more than Revis. No way Tanny will let that happen.

Pretty sure he has a no holdout clause in his contract for a while though anyways.

when was the divison a two horse race?

Pretty sure he has a no holdout clause in his contract for a while though anyways.

Revis said to Peter King a week after he signed his new deal that he is going to hold out after this season if he doesn't get a new deal. Yes, he has a no hold out clause, but he will have made $32.5 million in 2010 and 2011. He doesn't care.

On Saturday, NBC’s Peter King shared with the Michigan-Notre Dame audience an ominous quote from Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis as to whether he’ll hold out again in 2012, after earning $32.5 million in 2010 and 2011.

“That’s a great question,” Revis told King. “If I continue to play ball like I usually do, we’ll probably be back at that same position we were this year.”

The comment left the Jets “floored,” according to Chris Mortensen of ESPN.

Jets "floored" by Revis comments on his contract | ProFootballTalk

FWIW, Revis did come out and say that Aso is better and deserves to be paid more.

FWIW, Revis did come out and say that Aso is better and deserves to be paid more.

He said Asomugha was the best CB in the league, but didn't say anything about what he should be paid.

From a Jets fan...infrequent poster...this is gonna be fun if it happens....Jets get Nnamdi.., key on hernandez who scares me to death...Revis dominates Ocho as usual...ton of respect for the Pats though...

we'll see you guys in Jan....after a split in reg season...

The longer this goes, the more likely Aso DOESN'T go to the NYJ. Think about it. They've been showing the most interest, they've wanted him all along. Why is this taking so long. It's basically been the Jets against a few teams(HOU, SF, DAL) that have shown only varying degrees of interest.

From a Jets fan...infrequent poster...this is gonna be fun if it happens....Jets get Nnamdi.., key on hernandez who scares me to death...Revis dominates Ocho as usual...ton of respect for the Pats though...

we'll see you guys in Jan....after a split in reg season...

get outta here troll. nobody cares what you think

get outta here troll. nobody cares what you think

He didn't say anything obnoxious, no need for this. He might be one of those good Jet's fans that actually talks about football respecfully. Even said Hernandez scares the hell out of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents