PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry's Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m going to refer to this guy as “15“ until he becomes relevant. Biggest bust in the draft.

I’m going to refer to this guy as “15“ until he becomes relevant. Biggest bust in the draft.

I heard something about a hip but he says he’s good. I would love to know how many snaps he got in this game.

Honestly, it's causing me greater distress that he tweaked his hip stretching out for the TD than the fact he was robbed by the officials.

Honestly, it's causing me greater distress that he tweaked his hip stretching out for the TD than the fact he was robbed by the officials.

seems like Arizona guys spend a lot of time on the trainers table when they get to Boston,

Gronkowski
Pedroia
Now hurt again Harry!

There was some article on Twitter this morning talking about how limited Brady’s practice time has been. Between their two injuries, there hasn’t been a full practice of Brady throwing to Harry since training camp.

Let's see where his injury status is before pronouncing him injury prone. It may have just needed some stretching.
While I'd like to see some decent production out of him, that's twice that Harry has shown something. On that TD (called a non TD) he moved with some serious force. I feel sorry for a CB who may be in front of that (along with the TD 2 weeks ago where he used his power to make the catch).
Provided he's not hurt (which certainly would be more disappointment), getting this guy the ball with enough room to get a little steam going could be interesting.

The guy does not get it. After the ref’s screw up on his TD, he is celebrating while Brady is trying snap the ball and not burn a timeout.

Patience little flowers.. if he does not get the snaps, the possibility of production is much lower.

He has played 5 games in the NFL now, and the past two weeks limited snaps..

Fans want scapegoats, Harry did not lose that game yesterday.. there is a lot of blame to spread around.

He needs to be on the field so they can figure it out. He clearly has the most raw athleticism of any of our recieving targets so they need to find ways to get him the ball.

He needs to be on the field so they can figure it out. He clearly has the most raw athleticism of any of our recieving targets so they need to find ways to get him the ball.
Brady’s strength is quick passing game. Harry has not shown that he can get open quickly. I think Patriots need more Edelman, AB and Sanders type receivers instead of Harry and Sanu.

Not good so far. Looks like a slower version of Josh Gordon

The constant whining about Harry was old 3 weeks ago. You guys sound like my 7 year old twins whining about whatever. Grow up and get over it.

Let's see where his injury status is before pronouncing him injury prone. It may have just needed some stretching.
While I'd like to see some decent production out of him, that's twice that Harry has shown something. On that TD (called a non TD) he moved with some serious force. I feel sorry for a CB who may be in front of that (along with the TD 2 weeks ago where he used his power to make the catch).
Provided he's not hurt (which certainly would be more disappointment), getting this guy the ball with enough room to get a little steam going could be interesting.

Absolutely. His usage remains the most confusing decision on offense this season for me. What he did yesterday on that one play is what many here assumed would be a staple. That and some routes where he can use his catch ability and physique instead of pin point exact timed routes.

It even makes less sense given the point @Sciz raised about Brady missing some practice with his various little things and them not having a lot of time on the same field even during the week. Give him routes and design plays that are not so chemistry dependent.

Makes you wonder if they have stretched themselves too thin with the offensive coaching personnel this year. Or maybe they took some of the stuff O'Shea was able to bring to the table for granted.

Not good so far. Looks like a slower version of Josh Gordon

To me this is most alarming, he was the 2nd WR taken in a very deep draft. Other than being big he has shown zero other attributes, no burst, no top end speed, no separation, no hands. Looking like a huge whiff.

Absolutely. His usage remains the most confusing decision on offense this season for me. What he did yesterday on that one play is what many here assumed would be a staple. That and some routes where he can use his catch ability and physique instead of pin point exact timed routes.

It even makes less sense given the point @Sciz raised about Brady missing some practice with his various little things and them not having a lot of time on the same field even during the week. Give him routes and design plays that are not so chemistry dependent.

Makes you wonder if they have stretched themselves too thin with the offensive coaching personnel this year. Or maybe they took some of the stuff O'Shea was able to bring to the table for granted.

You'd think he would at least be able to do some Patterson plays.

You'd think he would at least be able to do some Patterson plays.

This is literally what people like @primetime were speculating about right after he was picked (if I don't confuse the posters). But if they don't give him the chance I am sure there is some reason. It can't be too playbook related because CP had often absolutely no clue what he was doing or where he was supposed to be.

I have a theory. This offense and its QB demand precise routes that are chemistry dependent.

This is literally what people like @primetime were speculating about right after he was picked (if I don't confuse the posters). But if they don't give him the chance I am sure there is some reason. It can't be too playbook related because CP had often absolutely no clue what he was doing or where he was supposed to be.

Overall I'm a bit concerned with Harry's lack of use. They ran him on a jet sweep last night in a relatively desperate situation, and it was his only play all night. As you note, you can use a Patterson regularly without him being able to run routes. I wouldn't be shocked if they're holding Harry as a bag of tricks in reserve for the playoffs at this point, but I figured he'd be a super Patterson - good at the jet sweeps and misdirections and screwing with the defense, but also a good receiver in his own right. He showed last night he can do the former but the latter still isn't there.

The tough part of the schedule is now behind them and they just have to get through Cincinnati and Miami to get a bye (Patriots would hold tiebreaker over Bills thanks to common opponents even if the Bills win out since the Bills lost to the Eagles and Browns), so wouldn't be shocked if we see more Harry as a traditional receiver. Doubt they pull out the Patterson stuff until the playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back