PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry's Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the way they got him the ball yesterday. I’m fine with him being used like that until he’s comfortable enough with more of the route tree. Direct handoffs, short crossers, hitches, bubble screens... let him get the ball in space. Hopefully the fact that he (definitely) scored on the play gives the team more confidence to loosen his leash a bit next week and gives Brady more confidence in throwing to him going forward. Props to that commie @primetime (I believe) who first suggested that.

Brady’s strength is quick passing game. Harry has not shown that he can get open quickly. I think Patriots need more Edelman, AB and Sanders type receivers instead of Harry and Sanu.

They knew he wasn't that type of receiver coming out of college.

Why draft him and expect him to be a quick twitch player all of a sudden?

They gotta give him a chance and throw him the ball. You can't simply point at that Houston game and define his tenure based on that one play because you can easily point to that Dallas game where he caught that incredible TD pass.

Same can be said with Sanu.

They knew he wasn't that type of receiver coming out of college.

Why draft him and expect him to be a quick twitch player all of a sudden?

They gotta give him a chance and throw him the ball. You can't simply point at that Houston game and define his tenure based on that one play because you can easily point to that Dallas game where he caught that incredible TD pass.

Same can be said with Sanu.

Yup, regarding Harry they need to single him up in the redzone and give him a shot.

Absolutely. His usage remains the most confusing decision on offense this season for me. What he did yesterday on that one play is what many here assumed would be a staple. That and some routes where he can use his catch ability and physique instead of pin point exact timed routes.

It even makes less sense given the point @Sciz raised about Brady missing some practice with his various little things and them not having a lot of time on the same field even during the week. Give him routes and design plays that are not so chemistry dependent.

Makes you wonder if they have stretched themselves too thin with the offensive coaching personnel this year. Or maybe they took some of the stuff O'Shea was able to bring to the table for granted.

Said this a couple of weeks ago: if the Pats were going to stick to this kind of offense, why transition the bulk of the receiving corps to bigger, less-twitch receivers?

Why draft Harry when Deebo Samuel is sitting there? Or a bunch of other guys like Samuel - Isabella, Hardman, etc.

I'm not saying these guys are BETTER than Harry, but they certainly fit what the Pats keep running better than Harry, Gordon, Thomas, and all the other guys the Pats brought in. Just don't get it.

That said, the problems on the team remain pretty obvious: their OL is getting blown up and they never addressed an in-line TE in any meaningful way.

Overall I'm a bit concerned with Harry's lack of use. They ran him on a jet sweep last night in a relatively desperate situation, and it was his only play all night. As you note, you can use a Patterson regularly without him being able to run routes. I wouldn't be shocked if they're holding Harry as a bag of tricks in reserve for the playoffs at this point, but I figured he'd be a super Patterson - good at the jet sweeps and misdirections and screwing with the defense, but also a good receiver in his own right. He showed last night he can do the former but the latter still isn't there.

The tough part of the schedule is now behind them and they just have to get through Cincinnati and Miami to get a bye (Patriots would hold tiebreaker over Bills thanks to common opponents even if the Bills win out since the Bills lost to the Eagles and Browns), so wouldn't be shocked if we see more Harry as a traditional receiver. Doubt they pull out the Patterson stuff until the playoffs.

KC is 9-4 and has the tiebreaker over New England. They lose another game and they could be playing Wildcard weekend.

KC is 9-4 and has the tiebreaker over New England. They lose another game and they could be playing Wildcard weekend.
The last game they could possibly lose is the Bills and that’s in New England. Plus Allen stinks on the intermediate throws and throws outside the numbers. As long as they can bottle up him and Singletary on the ground, they should be able to grind that one out.

The last game they could possibly lose is the Bills and that’s in New England. Plus Allen stinks on the intermediate throws and throws outside the numbers. As long as they can bottle up him and Singletary on the ground, they should be able to grind that one out.

Oh, I think they win out - but I was replying to a post that said they only had to beat Miami and Cinci to get a bye.

Unless Denver, Chicago, or LAC beat the Chiefs, the Pats need to win out.

Oh, I think they win out - but I was replying to a post that said they only had to beat Miami and Cinci to get a bye.

Unless Denver, Chicago, or LAC beat the Chiefs, the Pats need to win out.
Denver might be able to. They’re playing some good ball the last couple of games. The early ROI on Lock is positive.

There was some article on Twitter this morning talking about how limited Brady’s practice time has been. Between their two injuries, there hasn’t been a full practice of Brady throwing to Harry since training camp.

Get open.

Dont need Bradys help for that. What does Brady have to do with Harry getting separation? Nothing, its just another excuse to justify selecting another NE WR who is a JAG.

Absolutely. His usage remains the most confusing decision on offense this season for me. What he did yesterday on that one play is what many here assumed would be a staple. That and some routes where he can use his catch ability and physique instead of pin point exact timed routes.

It even makes less sense given the point @Sciz raised about Brady missing some practice with his various little things and them not having a lot of time on the same field even during the week. Give him routes and design plays that are not so chemistry dependent.

Makes you wonder if they have stretched themselves too thin with the offensive coaching personnel this year. Or maybe they took some of the stuff O'Shea was able to bring to the table for granted.

I have a theory. This offense and its QB demand precise routes that are chemistry dependent.

Not mocking you here. They're not changing the offensive philosophy for N'Keal. AB maybe.

They have taken advantage of a lousy schedule early but the problem right now is that the offense is terrible! The bills have a defense that can likely hold them under 20. It’s basically up to allen. Gonna have to sweat these last 3 games out. Miami has been playing better. If this offense was actually above average i would feel confident about winning the last 3 games but they’re not that. The cowboys win is probably our most impressive win and that’s not saying much at the moment.

Brady’s binky reliant passing attack has been underwhelming game after game after game yet he refuses to expand his binky list.

NE’s 3rd down conversion rate is 22%....by far the worst conversion rate in the NFL (2nd worse=28%).

Yesterday NE converted at a 17% rate(2/12).

At some point the powers in charge may want to rethink their deployment of weapons.
It can’t get any worse than the current product

When my dog was a puppy, she figured out not to run into the sliding glass door after the first crash
I’m hoping NE too can adjust as well.
Yet week after week the same personnel is inserted with regressing results...which is incomprehensible

The abysmal Bengals are up next
Unleash Harry
Give Harris opportunities

Status quo ain’t working

Last edited:
Get open.

Dont need Bradys help for that. What does Brady have to do with Harry getting separation? Nothing, its just another excuse to justify selecting another NE WR who is a JAG.

Difficult to make that assessment as he is not getting the "snaps"... the respective snap counts for the 4 weeks he has been back are: 32, 57, 22 and yesterday's 2.. grand total of 113.

Not sure what you can deduce from that... also this thread mentions is that #12 is limited in practice and there has not been a lot of work between he and Harry.

I have no idea what he will become. More often than not rookie WRs here become JAGS but who knows...

Difficult to make that assessment as he is not getting the "snaps"... the respective snap counts for the 4 weeks he has been back are: 32, 57, 22 and yesterday's 2.. grand total of 113.

Not sure what you can deduce from that... also this thread mentions is that #12 is limited in practice and there has not been a lot of work between he and Harry.

This place sure can dream up excuses.

AJ Brown - 51st pick 2019 draft

Yesterday 153 yards - 2 TDs. # 2 QB Ryan Tannehill is throwing the ball in his 7th start this season. AJ Brown went through camp and 6 games with Mariota.

Kneal Harry - 32nd pick 2019 draft

Yesterday 12 yards. GOAT throwing the ball.

56th pick Mercole Hardman VS NE - 48 yards - 1 TD.

You cant teach speed and youth. Players who just want to prove themselves in the NFL.

Thankfully they are not playing the LOLphins in Miami...that could have been another loss right there

Problem is those routes require time and the OL hasn't provided that kind of protection this year.

I figured he'd be a super Patterson - good at the jet sweeps and misdirections and screwing with the defense, but also a good receiver in his own right. He showed last night he can do the former but the latter still isn't there.

I agree. I honestly assumed that CP would be his floor in the rookie season. Let see how the rest of the year goes.

I can just imagine this board in 2010 claiming that we couldn't judge Taylor Price because he hadn't played, never realizing he wasn't playing because he sucked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back