PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry's Production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone regret the Pats not taking Deebo Samuel?

Many in the Draft Forum liked Deebo Samuel for the Patriots I personally liked A.J. Brown 4 for 135yds yesterday but who's keeping count.;)

Where did you get that from?

Remember he starts .01 before 1 second. 6.89 is great but in reality it just had to be below 7 to pass the test for his size/standing here. That & ss are important for WR prospects here.

6.89 in the three cone without preparing for it. At nearly 6'4" and 225 pounds. He's playing slow because he's still thinking on the field. This isn't Seattle, where the route tree makes the Charlie Brown Christmas tree look like a Sequoia.

If that's a shot at DK Metcalf its' in poor taste regardless Seattle got Great value where they took him 630yds and counting can't say I'm not a little jealous.

Last edited:
If that's shot at DK Metcalf its' in poor taste regardless Seattle got Great value where they took him 630yds and counting can't say I'm not a little jealous.
He's been a great pick for them, but fair to wonder how he'd do in this offense.

He's been a great pick for them, but fair to wonder how he'd do in this offense.

Can't have it both ways the way Harry is perceived by some here myself included is you can see his blatant lack of separation on tape. Harry is a guy that uses his body well but we haven't had a WR like Him in a while you know what we are use to. But to think DK Metcalf wouldn't perform in this Offense and Harry can is pot calling kettle black we don't know. The Patriots and Drafted WR's is not exactly a recipe for success.

Can't have it both ways the way Harry is perceived by some here myself included is you can see his blatant lack of separation on tape. Harry is a guy that uses his body well but we haven't had a WR like Him in a while you know what we are use to. But to think DK Metcalf wouldn't perform in this Offense and Harry can is pot calling kettle black we don't know. The Patriots and Drafted WR's is not exactly a recipe for success.

He needs to learn from the YODA of separation.....Julian...
;)

Guys, our offense is not for everyone. Option routes are the pinnacle of tough to learn.

even receivers that can run the entire route tree would struggle to learn to run potion routes.

it is all about timing and reading exactly what Tom is reading,

Receivers can come in and run a few select routes, Dobson and Mitchell come to mind.

But to get to the next level is where only a very select few ever seem to get to.

Harry and Meyers are going to need time!

Anyone regret the Pats not taking Deebo Samuel?

Not at all.

In fact, if he was the pick we'd have the same thread where people complain they didn't pick someone like Harry because they will never learn that comparing what a player does for another team doesn't mean he'd do for this team.

We can have that discussion in 3 years when there is a clear picture of how players developed and were used.

Harry missed the first 9 games of the season(along with all the practices) and has now played 89 snaps ( 32 & 57), most recently in horrific weather in a very bad night for aerial football..

The jury is still out lets judge him in Jan. of 2021, all that consternation and hand wringing over him is a lot premature...

Brady was praising harry yesterday. For a rookie, that is a real good sign. The touchdown catch was beautiful.

The other catches were contested and I wonder if he wouldve made them had it not been a torrential downpour.

As I suspected he seems to be playing the same role vacated by Josh Gordon.

Not at all.

In fact, if he was the pick we'd have the same thread where people complain they didn't pick someone like Harry because they will never learn that comparing what a player does for another team doesn't mean he'd do for this team.

We can have that discussion in 3 years when there is a clear picture of how players developed and were used.

Whoever we choose at wr there would be complaints because it’s a gradual process that the receivers go through unless we’re forced too like in the Dobson and Boyce years, but then there are the Gordon’s and Sanu’s who gets acclimated in a week.

but then there are the Gordon’s and Sanu’s who gets acclimated in a week.

They are not acclimated in a week as much as the staff identifies what they are doing already well on a NFL level and that's where their starting point is.

It helps that most of the NFL runs a lot of same routes and concepts.

With rookies its not only a change of margin of error, rules and speed for them but they are working on polishing their fundamentals and learn a full pro offense for the first time.

Not going towards you specifically but I never get why veteran FA acquisitions and rookies are compared in their time to be comfortable with the offense.

6.89 in the three cone without preparing for it. At nearly 6'4" and 225 pounds. He's playing slow because he's still thinking on the field. This isn't Seattle, where the route tree makes the Charlie Brown Christmas tree look like a Sequoia.

What is you're source for the 6.89 3 cone? If true that is very good for a person his size.

Probably IR to start the season haha.

Needs to improve at catching with his hands rather than body. Pretty common adjustment for NFL players to make. Other than that, I liked what I saw.

He doesn't need separation. He'll just outmuscle whoever's on him.

He looked really good with the ball in his hands on that TD (stolen from him).

Other than that, the lack of productivity is incredibly disappointing.

Huge bust. AJ Brown went off for 5 catches for 153, 2 TD...looked like a man amongst boys. Deebo Samuel had 120 yards from scrimmage.....

These guys are explosive route runners with elite acceleration.

Harry is incredibly disappointing.. Slow, can’t separate, can’t learn the playbook, why did we use a first round pick on a jump ball Wr who couldn’t separate in college?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back