PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know why he left. Was ecstatic when he joined as he built some nice teams in TENN and was bummed when he left.

I suspect he just retired. NE was his last job. No way Bill is stupid enough to dump him.

harrys red flag was his college tape. His game speed looked terrible slow. Zero separation.

Agree. It wasn't even like this is a surprise. His scouting reports said he can't separate and wasn't quick. The thing was he was supposed to be good at jump balls. He's basically not good ay anything other than instagram workout clips.

Metcalf had almost as many yards tonight vs the Eagles as Harry has on the season
At one point they played a montage of his catches while the announcers talked about how much separation he is able to get. This is the same week Deebo had 4 catches of 20+ yards and AJ Brown had a 70 yard TD and onside kick return for a score.

Agree. It wasn't even like this is a surprise. His scouting reports said he can't separate and wasn't quick. The thing was he was supposed to be good at jump balls. He's basically not good ay anything other than instagram workout clips.

lets trade for flacco

I know what you are alluding to .. but the point is he might be a 50-50 guy in red zone and with someone like mahomes or wilson he might thrive better. Just a thought... We did have a great passer in Brady who rightfully did not look his way Last year.

Just feel like he might thrive better in Seattle or chiefs...
He wouldn’t make the practice squad for either of those teams. So it’s a moot point

I have what I think is a unique viewpoint on Harry. Or at least I dont remember seeing it here.

To me, at least sometimes, he just doesn’t look like he wants to be out there.
LMAO, was that supposed to make us feel better? Because I’m feeling like I want to scream into a pillow now. So not only is he not athletic nor physical enough to be a WR in this league, but he may not even care about being out there either? Christ.

But I know what you mean. That play where Cam motioned at him to get to the sticks, he just backed up and stood in coverage in front of the first down marker like a bump on a log. If I had to bet, I would put good money down that he gets his ass roasted by Bill in film review every week and is the type to mentally check out instead of become inspired to, you know, actually CONTRIBUTE. Or at the very least just study tape of receivers like him (Boldin and Thomas) and how they use their bodies at the top of their route to create separation.

Last edited:
I have what I think is a unique viewpoint on Harry. Or at least I dont remember seeing it here.

To me, at least sometimes, he just doesn’t look like he wants to be out there.
I had this feeling last year when it took him way too long to get back on the field with what didn't look like a bad injury.

I know what you are alluding to .. but the point is he might be a 50-50 guy in red zone and with someone like mahomes or wilson he might thrive better. Just a thought... We did have a great passer in Brady who rightfully did not look his way Last year.

Just feel like he might thrive better in Seattle or chiefs...
Yeah I was looking to see if Harry would perhaps be targeted during one of their red zone/goal-to-go downs, but alas...This is one of those bad marriages that were doomed from the start...

Metcalf had almost as many yards tonight vs the Eagles as Harry has on the season
Bill could've fixed the WR position in two days: AJ at #32 on Thursday; DK at #56 (or #64) on Friday...

I have a feeling harry would do good on teams with very efficient quarterbacks...
Seattle, chiefs and packers come into mind. He might be able to win the one on one as a 3rd receiver. So if we decide to cut him,these 3 teams could get a productive player on the cheap...

Cam needs receivers with 3 yard separation...That's his limitation.

Harry defly needs to share a large part of the blame but believe he might thrive in a different system.
It begs the question why teams would even bother with .98 yards of separation Harry just because they have an accurate QB who can overcome the fact Harry sucks. I'd still rather have the WR that can get open.

It begs the question why teams would even bother with .98 yards of separation Harry just because they have an accurate QB who can overcome the fact Harry sucks. I'd still rather have the WR that can get open.
If harry is my wr3 or wr4 he might do good on chiefs or packers. Just a thought. Considering cam accuracy i don't think he throws 50-50 balls , whereas mahomes or wilson or Rodgers would.. so we will know how he does ... Just like how Hollister became a decent tight end for seattle.

I think I have to agree with one of the posters who said we just seem to do well with receivers who have a chip on their block because of being drafted low and possessing king sized positive attitude. Harry does not seem to fit the mould..

Bill could've fixed the WR position in two days: AJ at #32 on Thursday; DK at #56 (or #64) on Friday...
Everybody whiffed at least once on Metcalf, even Seattle.

Everybody whiffed at least once on Metcalf, even Seattle.
I understand that (in fact Seattle actually passed on him twice, at 29 & 47), which is why I've never advocated that Metcalf should've been the pick at 32...That should've been AJ Brown...

On draft day I wrote how Harry could not get open and got roasted on this board. But I was right, but the weird thing is how an amateur like me could see this and not BB? I only had seem, like, 60 seconds of highlights and it was obvious that Harry was a plodder, but BB missed it? I wonder if McDaniels was in on this disaster also. Bill and Josh should never, ever be allowed to take a WR with a high pick; they have flubbed it again and again.

The scary part is that they will go into the 2011 draft with a huge need at WR and a proven track record of making horrible picks at the position. And they don't seem to be fully aware of how incompetent they are at making these picks. Another disaster is looming.

If harry is my wr3 or wr4 he might do good on chiefs or packers. Just a thought. Considering cam accuracy i don't think he throws 50-50 balls , whereas mahomes or wilson or Rodgers would.. so we will know how he does ... Just like how Hollister became a decent tight end for seattle.

I think I have to agree with one of the posters who said we just seem to do well with receivers who have a chip on their block because of being drafted low and possessing king sized positive attitude. Harry does not seem to fit the mould..

you keep trying to make this point for some reason

Sure if Harry, as terrible as he is somehow found himself on the field for the chefs he might do alright. He’d be completely ignored by the defense while they focused on the actual receiving threats so he’d probably find a few balls coming his way.

Here though with our lack of weapons he’s useless since the defense at least pretends to acknowledge his existence.

On draft day I wrote how Harry could not get open and got roasted on this board. But I was right, but the weird thing is how an amateur like me could see this and not BB?

On draft day you compared Harry to Jerry Rice: "Watch the tape on Harry; he is covered on half those routes. He is big, sure, but slow out of the gate (but I do like his acceleration while on the move; Jerry Rice had this also--a slow 40 time but the ability to turn on the jets while moving). He is not going to stretch the field but he has some other talents." Maybe BB was thinking the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes