PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the question is with so much injuries and playing soft , can he handle the job of a tight end?

Logically a move to TE makes most sense, just not sure if harry has it in him to make the leap. Besides tight ends need to be more cerebral...
Tell that to "Mr. Cerebral" party-boy Gronkowski!!

It's not Bill. It's McDaniels who F'd up getting Harry and Sony. So he forces Harry into the offensive game plan even though Harry sucks.

Give it a rest. Saying this 1000 times doesn’t make it so. Bill is in charge of the draft and personnel, not Josh.

Since so many people like these goofy little charts from Twitter to confirm what anyone who watches the game already knows.

Harry was wide open on the play where someone forgot to cover him, though. So he has that going for him.

I'd be happy if the Pats cut ties with Harry. He stinks. Whatever the "it" is that you need to be a good NFL receiver, he is lacking "it."

He has awful instincts on the field.

I’d be interested in him bulking up and becoming a move tight end like Shannon Sharpe, but I’m doubtful he’ll succeed at that either.

In all honesty, I would really like for Belichick to explain his logic behind drafting Harry. This is not an attempt to embarrass him or anything, but the logic of drafting Harry above all the other superstar receivers might explain why our process is broken. Looking at Harry, the guy doesn't have speed, athleticism, instinct, hands or route running. You can get away not having one of those attributes and still be good in the NFL, but you can't have none of them. So when BB says he really likes Harry, what exactly did he like? What did he see that made him think this guy was ever going to be a high quality NFL receiver? I guess he's tall, but 6'2 is hardly gigantic for an NFL receiver too. Something is really weird with the way our WR scouting process is being run and we really need to get to the bottom of it. If the issue is, BB just wants to "coach players he wants to coach", then someone else should run the draft for us, period. BB can go hire all his friends when he owns his own team.

In all honesty, I would really like for Belichick to explain his logic behind drafting Harry. This is not an attempt to embarrass him or anything, but the logic of drafting Harry above all the other superstar receivers might explain why our process is broken. Looking at Harry, the guy doesn't have speed, athleticism, instinct, hands or route running. You can get away not having one of those attributes and still be good in the NFL, but you can't have none of them. So when BB says he really likes Harry, what exactly did he like? What did he see that made him think this guy was ever going to be a high quality NFL receiver? I guess he's tall, but 6'2 is hardly gigantic for an NFL receiver too. Something is really weird with the way our WR scouting process is being run and we really need to get to the bottom of it. If the issue is, BB just wants to "coach players he wants to coach", then someone else should run the draft for us, period. BB can go hire all his friends when he owns his own team.

Probably not going to happen, BB has always played this type of thing close to the vest.. not sure if it was his decision solely or if he came highly touted by the scouting department..

Whoever made the decision/recommendation will never be thrown under the bus by BB.. he will take responsibility, and when the time comes he will let him loose..

While you're at it, please ask BB why he didn't put Malcolm Butler in, in the Super Bowl...

Meyers and Byrd over harry. Harry can pump himself all he wants but the guy has been a total bust! His time is running out. He needs to start showing you something soon.

While you're at it, please ask BB why he didn't put Malcolm Butler in, in the Super Bowl...
Oh I am not saying he will answer to me or if he needs to answer to me. I am 99.99% sure he will never get into explaining it at all to anyone. What I am saying is we should be having internal discussions and reviews on situations like this. Internally, the personnel department need to sit down and figure out why these awful picks were made and where the gaps are. It is fine to miss out on picks, but we have to learn from our own mistakes to avoid repeating them going forward. If we just blow it off like it's nothing, we will be seeing many more Michel/Harry/Cyrus Jones/Duke Dawson/Jordan Richards getting drafted by us.

This will be my last post on Harry. I've been down on the guy just like everybody else for obvious reasons, but I won't officially throw in the towel until he actually gets a chance to fight for some contested passes with alot of air under them. He is a jump ball wr and we don't give him a chance. He is on the wrong team. His only true chance would come if he were to be paired up with a qb like Joe Flacco etc.

Our slim playoff hopes hang in the balance and I think for the time being Harry should be benched unless we are throwing a fade in goal to go situations. Put Zubar or Moncrief in the lineup. Didn't we trade for Ford?

Unbelievable we drafted this horrible WR over 5 pro bowl caliber wide receivers...

Deebo Samuel
AJ Brown
Diontae Johnson
DK Metcalf
Terry Mclaurin

This offense would get most GMs FIRED

Since so many people like these goofy little charts from Twitter to confirm what anyone who watches the game already knows.

Yep, completely clueless on that 3rd/14 play...short-armed the catch attempt also...

Why the FECK isn't Isaiah Ford playing ahead of this useless pile of poo?

Currently watching Metcalf catches passes and blow up DB’s trying to hit him.

Amazing post and stat. Harry sucks. Meyers leads the team in average separation.

If this metric is trackable shouldn't the team draft players who are good at getting separation? That should be a key metric. Like forget 40 times or that a guy can bench press 25 times. Forget 3cone. One of the most important things is can the WR get open and does he have good hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back