PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

N'Keal Harry (lack of) Progress Report

Status
Not open for further replies.
N'Keal Harry, Julian Edelman, Damiere Byrd, Jakobi Meyers, with Gunner Olszewski coming off IR soon and a good developmental guy in Kristian Wilkerson on the practice squad... how many WR's can you roster? The answer is 5 to 6... max.

This ^ is a good group. Get Devin Asiasi and Dalton Keene involved and you have a great collection of talented receiving options. They need a DT or a real difference maker along the D-Line, that will actually help them win games. They just threw for 400 yards on Sunday night, enough with the "lack of weapons" obsession.

Harry is not suffering from a lack of separation... it was a load of crap. He needed reps, targets, health and a QB who believed in him, all the young WR's (Meyers, Gunner, even Byrd) need that. The passing game is healthier than it's been in at least two years, it can exploit and nuture young talent. It doesn't require an obscene amount of trust or mental telepathy or a secret unspoken language. Edelman hasn't suffered from a lack of this either, so don't tell me it was necessary, he's off to a career best start.

Harry is a beast, keep him healthy, feed him a steady diet of targets. The rest will take care of itself.

When his shoulder heals up he will likely make fools out of those of you who are counting out a 4.53s 40yds 6-3 220 lb WR who bench pressed 27 reps as being easy to tackle.

I vehemently hope so. Though I think those of us that are simply waiting for more evidence are being lumped in with those who've counted him out.

When his shoulder heals up he will likely make fools out of those of you who are counting out a 4.53s 40yds 6-3 220 lb WR who bench pressed 27 reps as being easy to tackle.

C'mon I didn't count him out. I still think that he has potential. You must admit that he is easy to tackle and can't seem to get separation. I am hoping he is a slow developer. He seems to be improving, he was being used differently than a WR in the Seattle game. Can is trying to make him look good and be successful, that good enough for me, better than Brady trying to have him fail.

Go Harry

N'Keal Harry, Julian Edelman, Damiere Byrd, Jakobi Meyers, with Gunner Olszewski coming off IR soon and a good developmental guy in Kristian Wilkerson on the practice squad... how many WR's can you roster? The answer is 5 to 6... max.

This ^ is a good group. Get Devin Asiasi and Dalton Keene involved and you have a great collection of talented receiving options. They need a DT or a real difference maker along the D-Line, that will actually help them win games. They just threw for 400 yards on Sunday night, enough with the "lack of weapons" obsession.

Harry is not suffering from a lack of separation... it was a load of crap. He needed reps, targets, health and a QB who believed in him, all the young WR's (Meyers, Gunner, even Byrd) need that. The passing game is healthier than it's been in at least two years, it can exploit and nuture young talent. It doesn't require an obscene amount of trust or mental telepathy or a secret unspoken language. Edelman hasn't suffered from a lack of this either, so don't tell me it was necessary, he's off to a career best start.

Harry is a beast, keep him healthy, feed him a steady diet of targets. The rest will take care of itself.

I'm cautiously optimistic but I think you're over-romanticizing here a bit. There is potential in that group. Wether that translates into it being a good group is not something that can be judged either way at this point.

I'm cautiously optimistic but I think you're over-romanticizing here a bit. There is potential in that group. Wether that translates into it being a good group is not something that can be judged either way at this point.
Ranked 8th in passing yards, new QB finding his way... good so far. Stay healthy.

Alternative title: N'Keal Harry Injury Report

It's a terrible comparison, Jakobi Meyers is a younger Sanu.

Harry has much more talent and upside than Sanu ever possessed.

Agree, ignorant comparison. Sanu has been used a big slot WR for most of his career. He was in the slot for 80% of his snaps in 2019, for instance. Harry is more absolutely more talented than Sanu, but his strengths are very different as well.

Harry isn't 6'4, but 6'2 1/2.

Harry was 74.88" as measured at the combine. That's 6'3". The Patriots list him at 6'4". He's only 22 years old, so it's possible he's continued to grow a bit in the time since the combine. At his height, diurnal fluctuation would also be about an inch from 7am to 7pm. So he's probably 6'4" in the morning and 6'3" in the evening. The Patriots have no credible reason to exaggerate his height; they probably measure heights in the morning and his 6'4" listed height can safely be compared to heights of other players on the roster.

"Yuck" - the response of a poster who thrives on negativity but also doesn't know enough to recognize that the Sanu-Harry comp is really dumb.

You are who we thought you were.

lol, good one Denny

8.5 yards per catch...Whoop-de-damn-doo...
I blame your boy Skippy for that. His average yards per attempt is less than 2 yards. Enough with the jet sweeps and end arounds where defenders are surrounding him as he catches the pass. Skippy has set him up to fail with those. However, Harry's best drive was the last drive of the game where he caught 2 or 3 balls and almost scored the game winner. Harry showed a lot of toughness in that game on Sunday especially after taking that cheap shot in the head and holding onto the ball with that 3rd down catch.

I also saw him on some other routes wide open but Edelman was the target.

I've been a harsh critic of his, but I see some life in his game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye