PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Niners week discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel good about the patriots ability to handle TEs this year. Looking forward to the game. Feeling no pressure around winning is a refreshing change....for now.

I find it hilarious that people consider a NFC game a must win game.

Patriots might win the superbowl or not even make the playoffs. My suggestion is to enjoy football. I remember cheering like a fool when the patriots got a first down back in the day. People need to reset their expectations.
Yup. It's just a weird season all around. Literally anything can happen not just to us but to any team. There's no guarantee the season will even finish.

Last edited:
The odd 4:25 home kickoff. I totally thought this was a road game because of the time - shows how much I (and I think many others judging by the inactivity on this board) am not paying as much attention to the team as in a typical season. At any rate, I used to love these 4 o'clock window home games back when we had season tickets (before wives, kids, home ownership, and basic adult responsibility :)). These late games afforded our crew the ability to put in some serious, serious drinking and to keep it going a really long time. Sure, you can booze all you want for a 1 o'clock kick, but we're up at 7 to be in line to park by 8:30 am and most of us were exhausted by 7 or 8 and put a "lid" on it.
These 4 oclockers were just a beer swilling football fans dream. We got to sleep in, roll into the lots around 12 and just start pounding beers. Sure, you could rip beers at 8:30 am, but I just couldn't. I had to wait until at least 11. At any rate, for the 4 o'clock kicks we'd tailgate heavy before, after, have the troopers boot us probably around 9 and then head to our local bar to pound more beers, watch the sunday night game, until last call. It was insane back then. It's amazing that of our tailgate crew of 6 we only had 3 arrests, and 2 PCs over our 16 or 17 year run as ticket holders...we all had jobs but once the schedule came out we always took off the day after a 4 pm.

Nink is reaching. BB praises the best player on every team we play like that. Nink also works for ESPN now. They need to manufacture talking points.
Wonder if Kittle's mother, father, brothers, etc dictate to the Niners organization about medicals, contracts, etc.
No doubt in my mind BB's loyalty calculator factors in much more than just on-field exploits.

Guard is a more valuable position than Center. And Tackle is a most valuable position than Guard. Thuney, being a superior player, is better placed at Guard.
SMH. A center who is calling out the blocking scheme is more important than a guard.

The blind-side tackle is the most valuable position. And that all depends on whether your QB is left or right handed. The Off-tackle isn't nearly as valuable as the center in either scenario, though.

Thuney is better placed at Center, anchoring the line, calling out the blocking assignments. Thuney, Onwenu and Mason are ALL stouter than Andrews and there is no question about it.

Guess Ninkovich seems to have forgotten that Belichick has experience with other TEs as well.. Such as Mark Bavaro, Ben Coates, Jay Novacek, Keith Jackson, and Ozzie Newsome. Claiming it's a shot at Gronk is just dumb on Nink's part. Especially since he didn't say Kittle was BETTER than anyone he's coached. He said JUST AS GOOD.

This week feels like the first BIG week of the season

Falling to 2-4, with this roster, doesnt bring a lot of hopes for a 8 win streak in 10 games... the way the NFL is shapping up this year, there are going to be quite few basement dwellers, so all the contender might all have double digits in the win column, anything less i dont envision us going to the P.O.s

Niners are going to attack us the way we are expecting: Running hard on the outside. Bentley, previously my binkie, is not athletic enough to go coast-to-coast.

If we had a potent attack, id think the 9ers cant keep up regardless. But this is far fom a potent attack, so Im not confident.

Sure it would be nice for Cam and McD to find their groove soon. Dont look now, but we're almost halfway through the season

If we lose, people will lament us trading away Jimmy G, if we win, people will lament us getting only a 2nd pick for Jimmy G. And the next day, the sun will rise.
If we lose it will probably be the offense we're lamenting.

This week feels like the first BIG week of the season

Falling to 2-4, with this roster, doesnt bring a lot of hopes for a 8 win streak in 10 games... the way the NFL is shapping up this year, there are going to be quite few basement dwellers, so all the contender might all have double digits in the win column, anything less i dont envision us going to the P.O.s

Niners are going to attack us the way we are expecting: Running hard on the outside. Bentley, previously my binkie, is not athletic enough to go coast-to-coast.

If we had a potent attack, id think the 9ers cant keep up regardless. But this is far fom a potent attack, so Im not confident.

Sure it would be nice for Cam and McD to find their groove soon. Dont look now, but we're almost halfway through the season
Losing to an NFC team isn't the end of the season. But it does make the game in Buffalo a must win.

No Sherman, both starting safeties out for the niners. If the passing game struggles agin this week after practicing the whole week they really do suck.

If we lose, people will lament us trading away Jimmy G, if we win, people will lament us getting only a 2nd pick for Jimmy G. And the next day, the sun will rise.
With as many walking wounded and/or out they have + a cross-country trip, there’s no excuse for losing this one.

No Sherman, both starting safeties out for the niners. If the passing game struggles agin this week after practicing the whole week they really do suck.
Michael Lombardi has a particularly dim view on Robert Saleh's defense. We should have a field day against them with all their talent on IR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back