PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Niners week discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty much a must win this week. Hopefully with practice, Pats O starts clicking. I can't see Jimmy getting the better of Bill in this game.

Last edited:
Agree...not a must win but we are quite near...drop 2-4 word start to be tough...going 3-3 would be what i would have predicted after first 6 games

If Beau Allen can be Danny Shelton that’ll change the defense. Get the pass defense in more 3rd & longs.

Must. Win.

Cannot fall to 2-4. That's the reality in my opinion. If we fall to 2-4, its going to take a cinderella story. They need to come out blazing. Cam can't be throwing picks and locking onto Edelman. Win this game and we're 3-3. Keeps us in the hunt. Do your job and get this W. One week at a time.
Cam needs to get rid of the football quicker!

I think it is a must win. Realistically speaking anyways. Obviously not an elimination game. Wouldn't have been a must win if we beat the terrible broncos but we can't lose and drop to 2-4. This team is like what, 6-8 in their last 14 games? Brutal.

We have to look at this game as a "must" win. Looking at Buffalo's schedule, they're at 4-2 with only 4 tough games left (not including 2 vs the Pats, which may or not be easy games for Buffalo - but the Pats have the opportunity for the sweep - but so does Buffalo). Tough games are Seattle, at Arizon, at SF (this could end up a cupcake, but west coast trips not easy), and Pittsburgh. They get Seattle and Pittsburgh at home. But...the HFA won't be much because the communist NY governor won't allow fans, so that mitigates the difficulty of a Buffalo road trip for west coast Seattle. I really don't see Buffalo going any worse than 9-5 in their remaining games vs all teams not the Pats.
The Pats have a more difficult schedule IMHO. They sit at 2-3 and have yet to win a road game (Buffalo has won 2). The Pats remaining schedule is not easy. With difficult games @SF, Baltimore, Arizona, @ San Diego, @Rams, and @Miami. I'll say they go 2-4 in those games and win the rest of their games not against Buffalo (nothing has shown us this season that they can beat a good team, especially on the road.) If we give the Pats 2 wins vs the Jets and 1 win at Houston (which I'm actually reticent to do, but for argument's sake we'll do it) the Pats sit at 7-7 not including games vs Buffalo. I'm trying to be optimistic here because I really don't think the Pats are going 5-4 vs those teams, but even if they do - which had they not blown the game vs Denver, would put them in a good playoff position at 8-6 so even a split vs Buffalo might get them in. Now the Pats are in a position that they've created themselves with schitty drafts, a coach who seemingly gave up against Denver, and poor general management where they're relying on a quarterback who can't audible and can't complete many passes if his first option is covered. Coupled with the fact that a fella named Byrd is their leading receiver and it looks like Krafty's Boys are going to be on the outside looking in come January. Sitting at 2-3 Coach/GM Bill and Krafty Bob have a team that needs to sweep Buffalo and go 6-3 in their other games (to finish 10-6) if they any chance of a home playoff game and division title...tall order.

I hope Uche can start to show something

A 2nd round pick...

Guy has been injured.. How is he supposed to show something when he's been on the IR for 6 games..

The expectations of draft picks by people who should know better is getting ridiculous. Too many spoiled people with a "I want it NOW" attitude.

We have to look at this game as a "must" win. Looking at Buffalo's schedule, they're at 4-2 with only 4 tough games left (not including 2 vs the Pats, which may or not be easy games for Buffalo - but the Pats have the opportunity for the sweep - but so does Buffalo). Tough games are Seattle, at Arizon, at SF (this could end up a cupcake, but west coast trips not easy), and Pittsburgh. They get Seattle and Pittsburgh at home. But...the HFA won't be much because the communist NY governor won't allow fans, so that mitigates the difficulty of a Buffalo road trip for west coast Seattle. I really don't see Buffalo going any worse than 9-5 in their remaining games vs all teams not the Pats.
The Pats have a more difficult schedule IMHO. They sit at 2-3 and have yet to win a road game (Buffalo has won 2). The Pats remaining schedule is not easy. With difficult games @SF, Baltimore, Arizona, @ San Diego, @Rams, and @Miami. I'll say they go 2-4 in those games and win the rest of their games not against Buffalo (nothing has shown us this season that they can beat a good team, especially on the road.) If we give the Pats 2 wins vs the Jets and 1 win at Houston (which I'm actually reticent to do, but for argument's sake we'll do it) the Pats sit at 7-7 not including games vs Buffalo. I'm trying to be optimistic here because I really don't think the Pats are going 5-4 vs those teams, but even if they do - which had they not blown the game vs Denver, would put them in a good playoff position at 8-6 so even a split vs Buffalo might get them in. Now the Pats are in a position that they've created themselves with schitty drafts, a coach who seemingly gave up against Denver, and poor general management where they're relying on a quarterback who can't audible and can't complete many passes if his first option is covered. Coupled with the fact that a fella named Byrd is their leading receiver and it looks like Krafty's Boys are going to be on the outside looking in come January. Sitting at 2-3 Coach/GM Bill and Krafty Bob have a team that needs to sweep Buffalo and go 6-3 in their other games (to finish 10-6) if they any chance of a home playoff game and division title...tall order.
But... we are back 1 game and the Bills have looked pretty meh the last two weeks. We really don’t know. I’m sure bills fans thought we were going to beat Denver.

I guess Sony hasn't cleared protocol yet.
Sony was put on the protocol on the 17th. Has to be 5 days minimum with 2 negative tests.. 5 days would be tomorrow.

And, as Sciz mentioned, he's got one more game (minimum) on IR..

Mostert out will be nice.

I expect Cam and the Pats to bounce back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes