PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

nfl wins Peterson case

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when is the current CBA up?

All this means is the next collective bargaining agreement will likely lead to a strike. The NFLPA was likely to strike anyway, but the courts have been clear: if you don't like it, change your agreement next time. Remove article 46. Expect neutral arbitrators when this one expires...no matter how costly it is. I hope the owners lose tons of money and prestige, much like MLB in 1995 and the NHL. You can be sure that all of Roger Goodell's lies and misdeeds will be at the heart of the next round of negotiations.

Basic negotiating strategy -- the owners will try to get a ton of concessions in other areas in return for caving on that. For the NFLPA to head that off would take some skill, but it's doable. Basically, they'd have to take a very strong, very public stance that whatever else happens, there's no deal unless there's neutral arbitration. Then they have to totally stick to that stance in private. Then in every way they have to work to separate negotiation about that from negotiation about everything else.

I'd like to make part of the deal be that if a player is forced to give up his personnelcommunications as part of the process, then the NFL* personnel prosecuting him make theirs public as well.

It should not be a one way street, and the NFL* has not earned the benefit of the doubt.

Who cares..........that jackass needed to be banned permanently for child abuse

Case law established that the Arbiter must act with Fundamental Fairness and cannot issue his own brand of industrial Justice. And that is what happened here.

No, actually it wasn't established in Garvey as the situation was different. You can bring it up all you want, it doesn't make it true. This isn't a case of the arbiter making errors. This is a case of the Arbiter not even acting with Fundamental Fairness. Just because those asshat judges have disagreed and decided that they will, essentially, re-write the law and screw over every person who wants to use arbitration because they not longer have to be fair doesn't mean that they are correct.

Article 46 has been in the CBA since its inception. Could you please provide your source that Kessler took issue with it during the last negotiations because I have searched and can't find a single article supporting that statement?

We've discussed this before at length and we see the matter differently. I don't think it's going to do any good for us to rehash the argument.

Whats scary is that we've been able to overcome Goodell's attacks against the Pats.. he's taken two 1st round picks and a 4th, which would cripple most franchises but we've overcome that because of Belichick and Brady.

What happens when Brady retires and BB moves on, Roger can continue to arbitrarily hurt the Pats and set them back to allow the other teams in the division, more specifically the Jets, to have a huge advantage over them by removing valuable assets in the form of picks, suspending core players and emphasizing certain rules against the team like offensive PI, etc

It's really disgusting.. throughout history greatness was admired and appreciated, but the NFL is trying to collapse the Patriots dynasty and smear them every chance they get. . And the other owners are all on board because they're all extremely petty and jealous that the Pats keep winning...

Its literally turning into the WWE where the nfl has desired outcomes and will pull the levers necessary to influence that outcome

Whats scary is that we've been able to overcome Goodell's attacks against the Pats.. he's taken two 1st round picks and a 4th, which would cripple most franchises but we've overcome that because of Belichick and Brady.

What happens when Brady retires and BB moves on, Roger can continue to arbitrarily hurt the Pats and set them back to allow the other teams in the division, more specifically the Jets, to have a huge advantage over them by removing valuable assets in the form of picks, suspending core players and emphasizing certain rules against the team like offensive PI, etc

It's really disgusting.. throughout history greatness was admired and appreciated, but the NFL is trying to collapse the Patriots dynasty and smear them every chance they get. . And the other owners are all on board because they're all extremely petty and jealous that the Pats keep winning...

Its literally turning into the WWE where the nfl has desired outcomes and will pull the levers necessary to influence that outcome

Seems excellence, in general, is not admired in the US like it used to be.

Also, we are talking about billionaire's here, and they expect that their money should be worth something, and are used to getting their way.

An honest competition is the last thing that these owners really want.

In an age where everyone gets a trophy, how outrageous is it that these rich owners get at least their share, if not more.

Totally unrelated rant, but WTF is wrong with the auto-complete and spell check on mobile devices?

If I misspell here and there, as "hete" and "thete", it is allowed to stand, as I must have intended it, but when, as happened in a previous post, I try to type the word "division", the device assumes that I made a mistake, and arbitrarily changes it to "disease"?

:mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes