PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 5 Game Discusions

Russell Wilson is so accurate, it's amazing. Such an impressive young player.

He's the next Brady'esque type player. He's cool under big moments and makes great decisions.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Luck and the Colts never see a Superbowl, and RG3 certainly isn't

nicely done sherman

LOOOOOOOOOOL Sherman

Swap teams and give luck the seattle defense and harvin.

Luck is a gunslinger. Those interceptions are getting thrown in the dozens no matter what team he's playing for. I don't dislike him, but Wilson is better and with way more poise.

Let's see what Richard Sherman says this time...can't use the oh no big plays given up excuse. You mad bro? :D

Reactions: sb1
Revis >>> >>> >>> Sherman

Reactions: sb1
Wilson has elite decision making which in my opinion is one of the most important traits for a qb. Then you have a guy like stafford with a cannon arm that wows you but always seems to make bad decisions.

Seems like skins get max primetime games every year despite only being good once every 5 years.

Luck is a gunslinger. Those interceptions are getting thrown in the dozens no matter what team he's playing for. I don't dislike him, but Wilson is better and with way more poise.
Hard to compare. Luck has no one around him ,especially last yr. No wayne, poor running game.Avg defense. He carried the team.

I like wilson. But its easy to win with a good team. Lets see the longevity during adverse conditions and bad teams.

Skins probably going to have to take some big risks to pull this off. Like surprise onside kick or something. If seahawks don't turn it over I don't see how they can win this one without D-Jax going ham.

It's so annoying we didn't win that Seattle game. We were so close and could have. I'd love if it every time they talked about the QBs he'd beaten, they'd have to exclude Brady and the Pats.

Bugs me every time they mention it. That game was so winnable
That ****ing grounding call still pisses me off. That's the only time in NFL history the throw out of the back of the endzone has ever been called intentional grounding.

That ****ing grounding call still pisses me off. That's the only time in NFL history the throw out of the back of the endzone has ever been called intentional grounding.

Yes, and I wanted them to just kick the field goal and end the half anyway.

Broncos are such a dirty team. Surprised they haven't hurt anyone aside from Talib from those picks blocks.

LOL no ****ing way no ****ing way. Geno Smith is the gift that keeps on giving.

Swap teams and give luck the seattle defense and harvin.
Maybe, but there is so much to like about Wilson. Much more accurate than Luck. Luck is a better pure passer, but Wilson on the move is just amazingly accurate, very hard to defend.

I think Wilson and Luck are perfect fits where they are. Wilson wouldn't be able to do what Luck does in Indy. But an accurate guy like Wilson who rarely makes mistakes is just who Seattle needs.

MNF Halftime Stats

First Downs: Sea 13, Wash 5
Rushing 1st Downs: Sea 7, Wash 1

Total Plays: Sea 35, Wash 26
Total Yards: Sea 267, Wash 118
Yards per Play: Sea 7.6, Wash 4.5

Completed Passes: Sea 11, Wash 7
Incomplete Passes: Sea 4, Wash 10

Rushing Yards: Sea 151, Wash 25
Yards per Rush: Sea 8.4, Wash 2.8

Penalties: Sea 8 (50 yards), Wash 1 (10 yards)

Red Zone: Sea 2-3, Wash 0-0

Time Of possession: Sea 18:10, Wash 11:50

Other than the penalties, everything in the first half was is in Seattle's favor.

Hard to compare. Luck has no one around him ,especially last yr. No wayne, poor running game.Avg defense. He carried the team.

I like wilson. But its easy to win with a good team. Lets see the longevity during adverse conditions and bad teams.

Seahawks were pathetic before Wilson arrived, yes they had a top 10 defense and yes they had Marshawn Lynch, but they also had Tavaris Jackson leading the offense. In 2011, they had 90% of the same team that they did in 2012 (Wilson's rookie year), and they vaulted from a below average team to a 11-5 team, that came within a late defensive collapse in the NFC Divisional Round against Atlanta from going to the Conference Championship.

Wilson is an elite QB at this point. People like to disqualify his talents because he has a great team around him, but Seattle without Wilson would be a much, much different team. He's a top 5 MVP candidate at this point in the season, and if he keeps moving the ball the way he is doing it tonight for the whole season, and the Seahawks end up with the best record in football, he should be the MVP for the year. He's the definition of a clutch player, a guy who has that "IT" factor.

Captain Kirk with the Brett Favre heave why not?

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back