PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 2 games discussion

I'm no Chiefs fan but I had to root for Butker to hit that one. Good for him.

I don't mind Mahomes but Kelce is a grade-A tool and the league would be a better place without him.

Call me crazy but I think the Chiefs are way weaker then I thought going into this season and after seeing this game. Hill had like one good catch, and Kelce only a couple. We can stand toe to toe with these guys, if not blow them out. Kermit was befuddled after not putting up points. I think the bigger threat is going to be the usual suspects. Ravens are the ones to worry about as usual.

1600646672865.png
In other news, the Pats may miss both Lock and Jimmy G. Lock estimate is 2-6 weeks and Jimmy G 4-6 weeks (as noted earlier in the thread).

Suddenly KC doesnt seem as imposing

Kicking away in OT at 4th & 2 to give the ball to Mahomes is like giving the ball to Brady in his prime.
DON"T DO IT!!!

Yep, like I said completely counter intuitive with taking the ball first on OT. If you're not willing to take that risk then you should defer at the beginning. Butker hit a 58 yarder earlier and oh yeah the other team has the best QB in the league so punting there is essentially giving the game away.

Suddenly KC doesnt seem as imposing

Never thought they were, but they are still a top contender. Anyway I have Baltimore ahead of them right now and in this playoff format that's going to force KC to play on WC weekend if it goes as I believe. That's going to make a repeat pretty unlikely

Which 3 starters were those?

Edmunds, Milano, Norman and Star (though he was an opt-out which is I why I didn’t count him). Oliver also got hurt mid game.

I love this guy. They are giving you a hard time, but let’s keep it real « how you beat a common opponent » doesn’t mean much in the NFL. It’ll be interesting to see how the teams stack up this season, head to head.

Agreed! Should be a fun season.

Edmunds, Milano, Norman and Star (though he was an opt-out which is I why I didn’t count him). Oliver also got hurt mid game.

So, you're counting a guy who hasn't even suited up this season as a "Starter being out"? HUH..

So, you're counting a guy who hasn't even suited up this season as a "Starter being out"? HUH..

Uh, a starter is a starter.

If Edelman was injured in the pre-season, would you not count him as a “starter out” in week 1?

Uh, a starter is a starter.

If Edelman was injured in the pre-season, would you not count him as a “starter out” in week 1?

Ted Karras was our starting Center Last year because that's who we had because Andrews was out. When Karras was out and Ferentz played, we were without our starting Center. That's how it works.

Spin it however you'd like. Based on your description, I should be saying the Pats are without 6 defensive starters. 4 who are gone and 2 who opted out. But I don't say that because that's not reality.

I also don't say that the Pats are without a starting LB because Uche is not playing yet.

Is there something Matt Ryan or the coaching is doing, to repeatedly be part of epic choke jobs ??

I didn't watch this game, so I couldn't tell you. But I will say that the fan base must be very proud.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back