PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 17 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colts 19, Chiefs 9
Indy 34, Jacksonville 24
Indy 38, Giants 14

Better than the Jets, but still not a great competition. One division winner, two teams in the playoff hunt at 1PM today.

So they beat two non-playoff teams and the Chiefs?

Jets beat the #1 seed Patriots and #2 seed Steelers. Patriots were early in season and Steelers had 2 key guys out but even with that being said both of those wins are more impressive than those Colts wins.

I'll be cheering for the Chiefs and the asteroid

Excruciating as it is, I'm rooting Colts. Yes, Indy is probably probably a bigger threat to the Patriots. But the thought of yet another round of Jets posturing, chest-thumping and tweeting leading up to a Pats game is more than my stomache can take. I am SO done with their crap.

Re: Classy hit by Colts captain

Awesome thread. Talking about something without even having a video of it, for the ones who didn't see it.

Topic was almost live so no video yet.

Well at this two nice things happened - the Giants didn't get to back their way in and it is perhaps like that the Packers will send the dog killer Packing next weekend.

Go Seahawks! Rooting hard for the first 7-9 playoff team in NFL history.

Re: **The Official Toilet Bowl Discussion Thread***

Pats were several times a toilet bowl team and I watched their games. And without a potential elite QB. But then I'm a football fan and a Patriots fan, not a smug front runner.

I don't think there is anything smug about poking fun at two teams with non-winning records who are playing for a playoff berth. It a prodcut of the piss poor quality of the NFC west this year and the NFL play-off system where bad teams in bad divisions can make the playoffs over better teams in better divisions. No need to get on your soap box about how you're a real fan.

Go Seahawks! Rooting hard for the first 7-9 playoff team in NFL history.

I am rooting for them for slightly different reasons. I'm hoping if they win somebody takes a long hard look at lousy division winners automatically being a third or fourth seed. They should be in the playoffs no doubt, but not seeded higher than demonstrably superior teams and hosting them, throwing off the whole seeding scenario.

Kinda glad the Bucs didn't get it. They only beat one team with a winning record... in the final week.. when that team didn't stand to benefit much from winning when they new the prospective number one seed was playing against the worst team in the league. Overhyped.

This seems to be the unpopular opinion but I'm rooting for the Rams. I'm a fan of Bradford and respect he's turned a 1-15 team a win away from 8-8.

7-9 would be cool though.

I don't care who wins, but I wanna see them in the Super Bowl.

Go Liquid Plum'r!!!

Beat the heck outta Ajax!!

:D

I am rooting for them for slightly different reasons. I'm hoping if they win somebody takes a long hard look at lousy division winners automatically being a third or fourth seed. They should be in the playoffs no doubt, but not seeded higher than demonstrably superior teams and hosting them, throwing off the whole seeding scenario.

NFL playoff system is great as it is, lessening the importance of winning your division would be lame.

lol @ the ADMIN of the most popular Seahawks board

http://www.seahawksal.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=21186&sid=cc2432ecf44179a37bd4005c14cde158

Win or lose...we still lose

I feel like a dirty whore that we're in this position. Just like when Emitt Smith broke the record on us, if we win..we have another jaded record in the books associated with this team because of our horrible record. This team is really the piece of dog**** on the shoe of the NFL.

I'm sorry...I know you wont like what I have to say, but we have no business being in the hunt for a playoff game. The Giants and Bucs have 10 wins each, and are out. We've been BLOWN OUT 7 times this year, and we rank near the bottom in every statistic category.

The Saints play the winner, and thats going to be a SCARY game to watch if we happen to win tonight.

Last edited:

I don't think there is anything smug about poking fun at two teams with non-winning records who are playing for a playoff berth. It a prodcut of the piss poor quality of the NFC west this year and the NFL play-off system where bad teams in bad divisions can make the playoffs over better teams in better divisions. No need to get on your soap box about how you're a real fan.

With the Pats at the top of the heap it's classless to piss all over the less fortunate unless of course they're the Jets. StL QB lit us up pre-season and has had a fine year. A player worth watching. The distance between the top and the bottom of the league is not huge. We spent most of our franchise years as the 'Patsies' to the rest of the country. BB preaches humility, not elitism.

St.Louis wins

Hasselbeck is ready, but Carroll is going to go with Whitehurst anyway.

Advantage: Rams

IF Whitehurst didn't suck, that pass would have been a TD for the Seahawks.

Last edited:
Whitey is jacked & pumped!

look at all of these no name players LOL

With the help of a soft holding call, the Seahawks are able to get the TD anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST