PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL week 17 game discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
That penalty by the Rams ended up in 4 extra points for the Seahawks.

Must say, the night atmosphere @ Seattle is pretty damn cool.

Saints @ Seahawks: Long-shot but hey...they're hosting
Seahawks @ Bears: Seahawks already beat the Bears in Chicago this year, who knows...
Packers @ Seahawks: Seahawks host NFC Championship game, lolololo

NFL playoff system is great as it is, lessening the importance of winning your division would be lame.

The staggering chasm between certain divisions in each conference already makes the whole thing lame. As your following post alluded to, an NFC West team is getting into the playoffs without a winning record even if the Seawhawks do not win.

I'm not saying division winners shouldn't get into a wild card playoff game, but the Seahawks/Rams shouldn't be seeded above and hosting the Saints/Packers, and the Chiefs shouldn't be seeded above the Ravens.

That said the Seahawks will probably find a way to lose, thereby maintaining the status quo and potentially resulting in a real cluster bleep next season if there is only a 12 game season next year and nobody plays enough games to get a seeding that is truly representative of their quality.

Bottom line: somebody please nuke the NFC West and AFC West. :cool:

Last edited:
Lawyer Milloy playing for the Seahawks, forgot about that.

Re: **The Official Toilet Bowl Discussion Thread***

Lawyer Milloy is now with the Seahawks? Somehow I missed that one...

Rootin for the hawks 7-9 winner in playoffs it's so wrong it's gotta be right.....,,,

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Bradford whom I like is playing like a rookie tonite. 43 batted down pass attempts.

Seahawks NFL rankings

Offense: 28th
Defense: 30th

Passing Defense: 30th
Rushing Offense: 32nd

Lawyer Milloy is now with the Seahawks? Somehow I missed that one...

Yeah me too, just figured he was out of football.

Just let me add, these teams both suck...

I'm not saying division winners shouldn't get into a wild card playoff game, but the Seahawks/Rams shouldn't be seeded above and hosting the Saints/Packers, and the Chiefs shouldn't be seeded above the Ravens.

If it were up to me, winning your division would be worth 2.5 games in terms of seeding. [In other words, a 10-6 division winner could host a 12-2 wild card, but not a 13-3 wild card.]

That said the Seahawks will probably find a way to lose, thereby maintaining the status quo and potentially resulting in a real cluster bleep next season if there is only a 12 game season next year and nobody plays enough games to get a seeding that is truly representative of their quality.

I could definitely be wrong about this, but I believe the last time they had a strike-shortened season, they changed the playoff system to take the top teams regardless of record (then again, they didn't even use the traditional home-and-home, etc. format).

Recalling the Pats non playoff 11-5 year, I am tempted to say make a change.
But it is possible a similar mess could occur in an extremely strong division,
all four teams could split their division games, each ending with 8-10 wins.

I would wager as soon as they change it, something goofy like that will happen.

Bad intel....

Last edited:

Whoever plays them in the playoffs might as well have a first round bye. Not fair, both teams suck.

Re: Classy hit by Colts captain

Awesome thread. Talking about something without even having a video of it, for the ones who didn't see it.

You know, if you had any sense of being pro-active, you could have done a google search for it. Instead, all you do is post complaining that you can't see the video..

BTW, I DID just do a google search and there is nothing up yet.. Sorry that it offends your sensibilities..

Last edited:
Lawyer Milloy is still in the league?

Wow! Watching the Seahawks-Rams game I saw Milloy 36 run across the screen. I didn't even realize he was still in the league. I thought he was gone after he left Atlanta.

I still vividly remember the day BB cut him. I was at work and heard it on the radio. I had to gather my thoughts and make sure I heard it correctly. Then a couple minutes later a friend called and asked "What the #$%^ is Belichick doing?"

Needless to say that was the BB's second statement declaring it as his team (Bledsoe-Brady being the first).

Re: Lawyer Milloy is still in the league?

I said the same thing when they showed him make that tackle, I thought he retired 3 years ago.

LOL @pete carrol calling timeout and then said he didnt ...

Rams are not looking good out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents