PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 16 Games (w/TV Maps)

Mahomes vs the LOB in their prime would have been fun to watch

Not sure you can tell me it's happened a lot when a former ref said he's never really seen it along with the broadcast booth. But I'll take your word for it.
Is this an issue now? I thought the ball was tipped and the Steelers’ sideline was motioning that it did. Why did they not challenge? I think if it was tipped, the penalty would have been erased.

Mahomes is killing them when they overpursue

Good game, very entertaining. Let’s go sea-chickens

Mahomes is the real deal. That was a beautiful side arm pass to west

OT: But how the hell are Rodgers' fan boys still defending his awful season? They still can't admit that it wasn't Mike McCarthy that was the locker room cancer

So next week’s Baltimore-Cleveland matchup... how does that work? Baltimore being 9-6 and Cleveland being 7-7-1. If Cleveland wins that becomes 9-7 and 8-7-1. Does Baltimore still win the division? Or can Cleveland take it?
See QuantumMechanic's post.

Last edited:
Is this an issue now? I thought the ball was tipped and the Steelers’ sideline was motioning that it did. Why did they not challenge? I think if it was tipped, the penalty would have been erased.

We're talking about the KC game. I've seen challenges of whether a ball was tipped or not.

Eric Fisher is not a pro bowler lol

Who gives a **** where Mahomes' hips look after throwing a side arm throw. It's mostly for show. Yes, he's a really good quarterback but imagine if Brady had all of these weapons. He'd be drooling.

The woman beater is hurt! YES! I hope it's career ending(probably not :()

Yes, let's hope for a speedy recovery for the piece of ****. Agreed.

Hi Ross, in case of records with a tie, just ignore the tie. It's considered a lost game and and the average is then based on 15 games for 1 tie, 14 games for 2 ties, etc.
That’s not right. According to the NFL ties are considered a half win and a half loss for purposes of computing winning percentage (and winning percentage is what all the tiebreakers involving records are based on) So an 0-0-16 team would be 0.500.

And just look at PIT. They are 8-6-1. Under your system they’d be 8/(8+6) = 0.571. But they are actually 8.5/(8.5+6.5) = 0.567 as you can see on the NFL’s website.

Likewise, the Packers at 6-8-1 are 6.5/(6.5+8.5) = 0.433 (again, see the NFL website) and not the 0.429 they’d be with your system.

Decades ago ties WERE ignored as you say, but that hasn’t been true for a lonnnnnng time.

I think only Roethlisberger is a bigger injury drama queen than Tyrek Hill....

Not since Big Ben have I witnessed a player milk injuries as much as Hill does. Rolling around in pain and back in the game 1 play later. :rolleyes:

That’s not right. According to the NFL ties are considered a half win and a half loss for purposes of computing winning percentage (and winning percentage is what all the tiebreakers involving records are based on) So an 0-0-16 team would be 0.500.

And just look at PIT. They are 8-6-1. Under your system they’d be 8/(8+6) = 0.571. But they are actually 8.5/(8.5+6.5) = 0.567 as you can see on the NFL’s website.

Likewise, the Packers at 6-8-1 are 6.5/(6.5+8.5) = 0.433 (again, see the NFL website) and not the 0.429 they’d be with your system.

Decades ago ties WERE ignored as you say, but that hasn’t been true for a lonnnnnng time.
Thank you for the insight and correcting me! :)

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back