PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Week 1 Games

Kupp would have been a nice piece for our offense. Not much value where he got drafted (69 ?) but if he had made it to day 3...

Seahags really have a mediocre offense. First they have a line issue.

Seahags really have a mediocre offense. First they have a line issue.
When was the last time a team with a bad o line won the SB? Our line wasn't bad but they did get beat prettt badly through most of that SB but most times that isn't going to cut it.

This Seattle OL might be worse already than theirs last year.

If i was the Colts and i start 0-4, 0-5, 0-6 i'd be tempted to shut Luck down for the year and get the 1st pick and a chance to rebuild my entire future with a big trade and a new coach.

Pete Carrol consistently field strong defenses since he got back into the league. What do they do that makes them so good? Is it just the right players or scheme related? It seems their front 7 changes quite a bit as everyone else, yet they remain very competitive.

The trade for Richardson really was a bit of a head scratcher given how awful their OL is. I mean obviously it makes their DL pretty stacked but is overloading there really worth it ?

They just keep paying their defense and neglecting it, it's not going to work you get this team outside of Seattle and the offense and that o-line is dead meat in January.

9 yards of total offense by the sea chickens lol

Pete Carrol consistently field strong defenses since he got back into the league. What do they do that makes them so good? Is it just the right players or scheme related? It seems their front 7 changes quite a bit as everyone else, yet they remain very competitive.

If you get a rangey safety like Earl Thomas, an amazing strong safety like Chancellor that can play the box like no one else and then add in capable edge rushers you will be golden. His scheme is nothing special.. the players make it work.

Is Rodgers a little less mobile than he used to be? Taking a lot of sacks when he could escape.

Or is it just me.

Kupp would have been a nice piece for our offense. Not much value where he got drafted (69 ?) but if he had made it to day 3...

Yes agreed, but we can play that game for a number of WRs over the years. Like Keenan Allen over Dobson in 2013.

They have the best FS, a top 5 SS, top 5 corner, two speedy LB's in Wagner and Wright, and a good front that doesn't need to blitz to get pressure while still being able to contain the run. Their defense is built around cover 3. Without Earl Thomas though the defense gets exposed a lot. Most of Seattle's cap space is also tied up in defense, skill positions, and the quarterback leaving them vulnerable at O-line.

Edit: McCourty allows the Patriots similar versatility on the back end even though he's clearly on a tier below Thomas.

Last edited:
Is Rodgers a little less mobile than he used to be? Taking a lot of sacks when he could escape.

Or is it just me.
Rogers running for his life. Seahawks push back the Green Bay lineman every single play

I have no idea what kind of cluster**** that Seahawks offense is but it is fun to watch this trainwreck..

I know it's the Colts but, I think people wrote Goff off a bit early. He has some talent.

Wonder if in the Seachickens game thread they're saying, "Wilson can't throw the long pass"

I know it's the Colts but, I think people wrote Goff off a bit early. He has some talent.

He looks good but the Colts without Luck are the worst team in the NFL by far, not even debatable.

Looks like Wilson is also in physical decline like Brady... overthrows his receivers.. amirite ?

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Back