PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline Rumors, including Bourne and Agholar

The primary issue with BOURNE is his relationship with the staff. If that has been settled, he is a very valuable asset for 2022 and 2023. If not, he will be traded to the highest bidder.

With regard to AGHOLOR, I don't think that we will get anything more than perhaps a 5th. We are in a playoff run WR's get hurt. I think that we should keep him, even if he is inactive every week.

I suspect that Myers will be kept and we'll try to sign him. As of now, he is the most reliable WR, and should and should be kept as we continue the run for the playoffs.

im not sure where he stands tbh... christian kirk got 18 m a year last season afterall... just a wild ass guess on my part
Right so if that's going rate than Meyers is worth it. Otherwise you let him walk and then your paying the next Nelson Agholar that a year or two later and he probably won't be as good.

If he really does price himself out of here then good for him and I hope he breaks the bank he's earned it but until then I'm going to hope we bring him back.

No. We have Hines and Russey now as backups in 2023. ;) But we need a new OT for sure. Hopefully it is a DL or LB in FA, and we can draft a new OT in R1.
Sorry, I should have put the (j/k) at the end of my post. I don’t think Karras is coming back in 2023. Although with Bill, you never know who will come back to the team.

With Bourne (turf toe?) and Agholor (hamstring) having injury issues, I don't see teams wanting either of them.

ARI just took Robbie Anderson, could we get them to give us something for Agholor?

What if we say "please"?

Sorry, but that guy just isn't worth what he's being paid, his hands are not NFL quality, he's let us down too many times in big spots.

We got better by sending Harry packing, we'd get better by making more playing time for Thornton, KB, etc.

ARI went with Anderson because they just lost Marquise Brown. They are getting DeAndre Hopkins back. They're pretty full at receiver now.

Not a need, but Smith is a beast.
I would part with a First Rounder for R Smith he would make our D Really Really Good.:cool:

I would part with a First Rounder for R Smith he would make our D Really Really Good.:cool:
We seem to be getting the hang of draft. No way do we want to lose the flexibility of first and second rounder . 4 years of above average play at under 2 million dollars a year.

I disagree he's not a need but agree he IS a beast. Someone that good could be huge to this defense that has young, talented players on it. As well as some solid veterans. He's on my short list of FA's to sign here, along with Jack Conklin and Bradley Chubb. Marcus Davenport was on the list but has fallen off this season. We then have 11 draft picks to use for trade ups or on veteran help to boost this team into the top 5 in AFC for next season.

I wonder what he would cost in draft pick compensation. Would the Carolina 3rd round pick be enough for him?

I'd love to deal Agholor for a 5th and Wynn for a 3rd, then use some of the extra draft capital to trade for Roquan and offensive line help. Would prefer to keep Bourne as insurance incase Meyers becomes too expensive next year.

With the upcoming free agent RB class being so deep I think the pats will be able to keep Damian Harris at a discount.

They can't really trade any of Bourne, Harris or Agholor while they are hurt but they should be healthy before the deadline and talk could heat up then.

Wynn and Harris would be good fits for the Rams, while I think Green Bay could use Agholor or Bourne.

I wonder what he would cost in draft pick compensation. Would the Carolina 3rd round pick be enough for him?

I'd love to deal Agholor for a 5th and Wynn for a 3rd, then use some of the extra draft capital to trade for Roquan and offensive line help. Would prefer to keep Bourne as insurance incase Meyers becomes too expensive next year.

With the upcoming free agent RB class being so deep I think the pats will be able to keep Damian Harris at a discount.

They can't really trade any of Bourne, Harris or Agholor while they are hurt but they should be healthy before the deadline and talk could heat up then.

Wynn and Harris would be good fits for the Rams, while I think Green Bay could use Agholor or Bourne.
You're going to trade Wynn and rely on Cannon being able to go fulltime for the rest of the year?

You're going to trade Wynn and rely on Cannon being able to go fulltime for the rest of the year?
I'm all for riding with the Wynn while he's healthy ride with the wind bullseye.

With Bourne (turf toe?) and Agholor (hamstring) having injury issues, I don't see teams wanting either of them.
???
Bourne's contract goes through 2023 doesn't it? Lots of teams might want him.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
Back