PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline: November 3rd 4 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not that familiar with Jason McCourty, would he step in and be our number 1 cb or is he more of a number 2 or number 3?
A very good #2 although he has been a good #1 corner in the past for Tennessee.

Ya not buying that. Typical douche and squeaky ratings ploy. If the trade doesn't happen it'll just be "couldn't get the numbers to work" or something.

So are we getting Calvin Johnson or what?

:D
Can people stop posting stupidity like this. If you are joking, its not really funny. If you are serious you are ******ed

I'm not that familiar with Jason McCourty, would he step in and be our number 1 cb or is he more of a number 2 or number 3?

Number 1 definitely! He is a great man to man guy Ash! Pm

Oh please make it happen!!

4th and a 6th is not bad for a decent CB if we can keep him long term. the 6th round is always always cut anyway and almost never a Tom Brady so not much loss. The 4th is something real to give up but reasonable.

He is a starting caliber CB

Can't believe some people are mentioning trading chandler Jones. He is on pace for 20 sacks, he might be the best young pass rusher in the NFL, we drafted him. He's going nowhere

Bill loves his rutgers children lol

Is BB reading this thread or what? I think someone in here was the first to ever bring the idea up. I thought it was far fetched, but it is gaining traction. He is not great but solid and he does not give up easy catches.

He was a solid #1 CB a few years back. He didn't really seem to fit well in Wisenhunt's system. I think he could be #1, but I think he and Ryan will switch off for #2 based on match ups.

Take it for what it worth, 98.5 Jimmy Stewart said he has spoken to two sources in the Pats and the trade for McCourty is basically done for a 4th and 6th. They are just working his salary under the cap.
Terrific news. Biggest need. Cool to have a real McCourty clone.

Not allowing myself to get too excited yet. Need to hear from a more legit source. But if so it is a great move that can really help shore up the position. Lots of upside.

@UTgehlken: It's official: Chargers WR Keenan Allen out for year, source says. Lacerated kidney. Headed to IR. But expected to make a full recovery.

Well, their season is done. Anyone from them of interest?

Not really. Their o-line has been ravaged by injuries and their corners have been getting torched this season. Brandon Flowers especially who they just gave decent money to. Perhaps Eric Weddle if he was willing to take a pay cut since the team appears to be hellbent on having a ridiculous number of safeties.

How many years are left on Jason's contract?

Can't believe some people are mentioning trading chandler Jones. He is on pace for 20 sacks, he might be the best young pass rusher in the NFL, we drafted him. He's going nowhere

First it was one person. ME Second, it was more jokeingly put together with a nahhh at the end. If this team was desperate to get a CB I Was thinking of a crazy option.

We know what we have with CJ Thanks.

McCourty
Butler
Ryan
Coleman
Roberts

We would be all set for next year too. The clock is moving tooo slowwwwww get to 4pm.

Ya not buying that. Typical douche and squeaky ratings ploy. If the trade doesn't happen it'll just be "couldn't get the numbers to work" or something.
I'd love to be wrong, because he is about the best option out there, and it is a great story to have them both on the team. But I don't see how the "numbers" can be worked out. Unless they are reworking someone's contract to add a couple of million in cap space.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back