PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Trade Deadline: November 3rd 4 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. See:

Vontae Davis ....... Dolphins ----> Colts

Aqib Talib .......... Bucaneerss -----> Patriots, Donkos

Sean Smith .......... Dolphins ------> Chiefs
Sounds like any CB we can get to leave the state of Florida will become awesome.

Moving Mayo be nice but i just don't see why a team would want him right now. He has a big cap year next year that you need to renegotiate and this year he has not looked all that good either. I don't see the gain for a team taking him.

Take it for what it worth, 98.5 Jimmy Stewart said he has spoken to two sources in the Pats and the trade for McCourty is basically done for a 4th and 6th. They are just working his salary under the cap.

People always want to get rid of players that are not that great or have huge cap hits and get some great young player who is cheap for return.

Gotta give to get. So its either a position we are deep in or a pick.

Take it for what it worth, 98.5 Jim Murray said he has spoken to two sources in the Pats and the trade for McCourty is basically done for a 4th and 6th. They are just working his salary under the cap.
I''ll take it!

Heard on 98.5 the deal for Jason McCourty might already be done in principle and are just working out the contract details. I would love that to be true but the person in question is quoting a team source that is unnamed.

Take it with a grain of salt.

Take it for what it worth, 98.5 Jimmy Stewart said he has spoken to two sources in the Pats and the trade for McCourty is basically done for a 4th and 6th. They are just working his salary under the cap.

Dang you type fast! :p

Well then, welcome aboard.

Just as with the Vernon Davis to Denver trade from yesterday, I am not going to fawn over this one yet. We'll have to wait and see how he performs. Perhaps a change of scenery, a vastly superior coaching staff, and playing with his twin, will pay off.

I hope he does extremely well here.

If this is true, Pats get better more than the Broncos did yesterday.

Denver now going after Joe Thomas. Their additions this season are similar to ours in 2014 with Revis and Browner in terms of position of need not financially. It worked out for us last year but can the Broncos make it work and win the SB? :D

4th & 6th for a legit #1 corner? That's a no brainer.

If this is real, and BB recovers McCourty like he did with Talib, holy hell this football team.

I'm not that familiar with Jason McCourty, would he step in and be our number 1 cb or is he more of a number 2 or number 3?

Well then, welcome aboard.

Just as with the Vernon Davis to Denver trade from yesterday, I am not going to fawn over this one yet. We'll have to wait and see how he performs. Perhaps a change of scenery, a vastly superior coaching staff, and playing with his twin, will pay off.

I actually like his man coverage skills. Wish he had more size.

I'm not that familiar with Jason McCourty, would he step in and be our number 1 cb or is he more of a number 2 or number 3?

I don't think he will be a CB1 right off the bat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back