PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Top 100 Players Positional Breakdown

That's a "finalist" group. Most of those won't make it.

Sherman is obviously the second best corner of the last 10-15 years or so besides Revis. Peterson is weird to have over him, but Peterson isn't going to make it. Gilmore's last two seasons have been better than any of Peterson's.
Yea aware abt it not being the final selections but embarrassing nonetheless imo.

They're obviously biased but you exclude Watt, LT, Sherman, Law etc & put Peterson up there.

WR will be a disaster.

Boomers everywhere

Watt was an incredible omission as well. Maybe I'm biased but if I had my choice there's not 10 defensive players I'd take over Watt all-time.
As versatile as they come. Watt could play anywhere on the los & win.
A top tier run defender that could do it all. 2 gap, chase/pursuit, shoot, redirect, he was a bull in the run game.
As a rusher, name me all of the players w multiple 20 sack seasons on their resume? Watt had almost 70 sacks (69) during his peak (4 yrs). Injuries happened, came back to add another 16! Almost 100 sacks in 5 years!

I know, "longevity" but he's played in more games than Sayers. And this is football. There is no rhyme or reason to injuries, who gets them, when etc. It's a brutal sport, esp in the trenches. I'm sorry but nothing screams more casual bringing up "longevity" when talking abt football from your couch. Players like Watt (to a lesser extent Gronk) have spent a ton of time playing in the trenches. Again nothing describes that better then brutal. Having 300+lb freaks punch, slap, pull/push, throw you around for 40-60 plays a game. Wilfork should never be forgotten here for everything I just mentioned. He spent the majority of his time fighting 2 men every Sunday. That guy earned every penny & was nothing but professional during his playing days.

Back to Watt, I alluded to it above but he was as versatile as one could ever hope for. Never took plays off, all out effort every play/game. He was the first & most important in terms of a QB/OC playing/drawing up a game plan.

Pretty obvious the list is bias but the more positions coming out the worse it looks imo.

Watt was an incredible omission as well. Maybe I'm biased but if I had my choice there's not 10 defensive players I'd take over Watt all-time.
As versatile as they come. Watt could play anywhere on the los & win.
A top tier run defender that could do it all. 2 gap, chase/pursuit, shoot, redirect, he was a bull in the run game.
As a rusher, name me all of the players w multiple 20 sack seasons on their resume? Watt had almost 70 sacks (69) during his peak (4 yrs). Injuries happened, came back to add another 16! Almost 100 sacks in 5 years!

I know, "longevity" but he's played in more games than Sayers. And this is football. There is no rhyme or reason to injuries, who gets them, when etc. It's a brutal sport, esp in the trenches. I'm sorry but nothing screams more casual bringing up "longevity" when talking abt football from your couch. Players like Watt (to a lesser extent Gronk) have spent a ton of time playing in the trenches. Again nothing describes that better then brutal. Having 300+lb freaks punch, slap, pull/push, throw you around for 40-60 plays a game. Wilfork should never be forgotten here for everything I just mentioned. He spent the majority of his time fighting 2 men every Sunday. That guy earned every penny & was nothing but professional during his playing days.

Back to Watt, I alluded to it above but he was as versatile as one could ever hope for. Never took plays off, all out effort every play/game. He was the first & most important in terms of a QB/OC playing/drawing up a game plan.

Pretty obvious the list is bias but the more positions coming out the worse it looks imo.

All of the lists they came out with have been this way. I really don't think Brees and Rodgers are getting on the list because Brady and Peyton are locks and there's no way they're putting 3 or 4 from this generation.

Bailey, Gonzalez, Joe Thomas and Gronk should be locks and quite a few tackles should get in but I really wonder if that's it with Revis, Sherman and others getting much lighter snubs than Watt, LT and Faulk. It kills me on the latter two but they're probably the two best all around backs ever. Running, receiving and blocking.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back