PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL to propose to improve a team's draft position if it hires a person of color as HC or GM

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

DO you like this idea

• Yes

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • No

Votes: 146 89.6%
  • Maybe, not sure

Votes: 8 4.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They out of their minds if they vote this in. I believe people should get jobs based on qualifications, not incentives. I do recognize that people of color have a difficult time being considered for specific tasks, and I am deeply sorry that this situation prevails. But to offer draft picks to fill a position is a quota-based program that could be one more thing to destroy the NFL. The problem is that owners are white, wealthy older men that are bigoted, and they stand together as one. They will put minorities on their team to make them money and have a successful team but not in the front office to run their business.

Racism is rampant in the U.S., and it has to stop.

That's all I have to say about this subject.
Wouldn’t putting who they feel is the best candidate in the front office make them money as well by constructing a successful team starting from the top? Or do they just want to make money with the players on the field.

So should teams get higher draft picks for hiring white players?
And the 1st overall pick if you start an Asian at middle linebacker.

Wouldn’t putting who they feel is the best candidate in the front office make them money as well by constructing a successful team starting from the top? Or do they just want to make money with the players on the field?

It would, but they don't want minorities in the front office even if they are the best candidate. That's why the incentive is being suggested.

Can't the Pats just go the Elizabeth Warren route and claim aboriginal status for Belichick? Now there is an underprivileged group deserving of a leg up.

"Look Roger, I have the same eye color as Liz."

It would, but they don't want minorities in the front office even if they are the best candidate. That's why the incentive is being suggested.
So now you’re ghost hunting. Care to provide evidence for the 32 teams?

Around 30% or less of NFL players are white. Maybe the league can incentivize this to get closer to the US population of around 72% to correct the racial disparity. Clearly this disparity is not about performance, and is instead about whites not getting selected. :rolleyes:

So now you’re ghost hunting. Care to provide evidence for the 32 teams?

Around 30% or less of NFL players are white. Maybe the league can incentivize this to get closer to the US population of around 72% to correct the racial disparity. Clearly this disparity is not about performance, and is instead about whites not getting selected. :rolleyes:

I am not sure where you want to go with this conversation. Maybe to a place I won' t go because I know I am correct with my position. The data and facts support my opinion.

I am not sure where you want to go with this conversation. Maybe to a place I won' t go because I know I am correct with my position. The data and facts support my opinion.
Mentions data and facts..doesn’t show any data or facts to support opinion. “Well my position is right because I said so”. Reminds me of my time living in holier than thou Cambridge, MA.

Clearly not worth the time going any further. Have a good evening and stay safe.

Last edited:
Mentions data and facts that..doesn’t show any data or facts to support opinion. “Well, my position is right because I said so”. Reminds me of my time living in holier than thou Cambridge, MA.

Clearly not worth the time going any further. Have a good evening, and stay safe.

You seem smart enough to be able to look up the data and facts. You know what I have been speaking about. You just don't agree.

You stay safe. Keep your family and friends safe. Be kind to all animals.

Kitchens and Taylor both spent time as NFL OCs before becoming head coaches. Kingsbury spent multiple years as an NCAA OC and 6 years as a head coach.

You're reaching. Kitchens was OC for 8 games that's it. Taylor was so bad as Miami OC for 1yr he was banished to UCincinnati in the same role. Kliff was a college coach that's it. None of them scream 'best candidate'.

You're reaching. Kitchens was OC for 8 games that's it. Taylor was so bad as Miami OC for 1yr he was banished to UCincinnati in the same role. Kliff was a college coach that's it. None of them scream 'best candidate'.
You were dishonest in your original post. What are your metrics for hiring the best candidate, and who would you have hired otherwise for each of those spots?

You were dishonest in your original post. What are your metrics for hiring the best candidate, and who would you have hired otherwise for each of those spots?

Kitchens started as running backs coach. Taylor's last job was a QB coach. You're really reaching trying to defend them as the best candidates.

I can't find the quote, but a famous black person quite a while ago said he looks forward to the day when people say "He was a great doctor", not "He was a great black doctor."

I can't find the quote, but a famous black person quite a while ago said he looks forward to the day when people say "He was a great doctor", not "He was a great black doctor."
I believe it's Morgan Freeman.

Kitchens started as running backs coach. Taylor's last job was a QB coach. You're really reaching trying to defend them as the best candidates.
And Bill Belichick started as a special assistant making 25 bucks a week. What does starting point have to do with it?

You were flawed and wrong in saying they “skipped” the coordinator position, and now you’re being defensive for being called out on it. Again, feel free to offer who you feel were the best candidates at the time during those hires.

There's anti-discrimination laws and diversity quotas everywhere, so you couldn't hire an all-white workforce even if you tried. You wouldn't get far, beyond a handful of hires. Diversity is such a "strength" that you have to be forced by law to do your part. That should say a lot about the position you hold. Interestingly, it's also the same position of the majority of politicians, academia, and major corporations. Some trustworthy company you're in. Nothing short of them taking a white citizen's job and assets, and handing them over to a non-white, will be satisfactory in solving this "problem" you clowns believe exists.

"Muh oppression" or "we need more diversity" is such an illegitimate narrative. It's used to browbeat white citizens in every single white country, regardless of its history. That right there should tell someone everything they need to know about this BS. It's nothing but a means to screw over and shame white people no matter where they are. Not a single corner of this Earth is permitted to be white. It must be targeted with "diversity".
Lol yeah white people are the ones being screwed over, okay.

Here’s the problem. Where are the coordinators who are minorities?

It needs to be more than a bs thing to make headlines and pretend it is meaningful.
If the conclusion is that while the % of minority coaches is consistent with the minority population but that is unacceptable because of the level of minority players then the answer is developing minority players into coaches and bringing them up the ladder like all other coaches. Quotas stink, always have, always will.

The Rooney rule doesn't have really anything to do with quotas rather it's just a rule that ensures a minority gets a shot at an interview for a job position which is why I like it and even better if they expanded it to cover other positions.

3 black coaches=9.3 percent of the head Coaching population

African American population=13.5 percent.

They out of their minds if they vote this in. I believe people should get jobs based on qualifications, not incentives. I do recognize that people of color have a difficult time being considered for specific tasks, and I am deeply sorry that this situation prevails. But to offer draft picks to fill a position is a quota-based program that could be one more thing to destroy the NFL. The problem is that owners are white, wealthy older men that are bigoted, and they stand together as one. They will put minorities on their team to make them money and have a successful team but not in the front office to run their business.

Racism is rampant in the U.S., and it has to stop.

That's all I have to say about this subject.

very strong claim without any real evidence

3 black coaches=9.3 percent of the head Coaching population

African American population=13.5 percent.

very strong claim without any real evidence
It's settled. All they need to do is add 1 more coach and ensure 4 people of color are FO execs and we are all set.

Next, they need 6 Hispanic and 2 Asian coaches and GMs on teams to capture the country's demographics accurately.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Back