PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL teams charging US for patriotic displays

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott99

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
ahhh ****. Seems sports teams are being paid by the Department of Defense to stage heartwarming returning soldier reunions and other heartwarming situations at sports arenas. Goodell is doing an investigation and says they will refund the money. Of course our Pats were #2 as far as the worst offenders ($700k), only behind the Falcons. The NFL franchises received the most money out of all the sports. You know our team and Mr. Kraft will be raked over the coals for this.

Yeah pretty ****ty. Teams don't really care about the troops much. I got free tickets for the Celts veterans day game and you don't get as good of seats if you don't wear your uniform if you have safety concerns (bruins is same deal). It's all PR sadly...whatever though.

NFL tells teams to stop taking tax money for patriotic displays

This practice surfaced during the off season and received little attention when compared to the "Denial of the IGL" scandal. I would like to see the teams and the $ amounts listed as well as team reactions to Sen McCain's all for the teams to turn over those funds to veteran oriented charities.

If true it doesn't surprise me one bit. Kraft is a greedy little jerk.
Don't worry, I'm sure Kraft thought "we" wanted to give our tax dollars for this :rolleyes:. Or perhaps it's all part of the Goodell Inglorious Bastards scheme.

Yeah pretty ****ty. Teams don't really care about the troops much. I got free tickets for the Celts veterans day game and you don't get as good of seats if you don't wear your uniform if you have safety concerns (bruins is same deal). It's all PR sadly...whatever though.
Thank you for your service, @Froob. Safer country with you.

We knew this months ago.
Yes. Every NFL team does it.

The Kraft-haters can pile on but the Defense Department needs recruits.

NFL games are a target demographic and a captive audience.

They'd be foolish not to use the NFL as an opportunity to reach that market.

Last night on the ABC evening news the featured item on this story was the New York Jets receiving 10K for this. Nice to see their logo splashed across the screen rather than ours.

NFL tells teams to stop taking tax money for patriotic displays

This practice surfaced during the off season and received little attention when compared to the "Denial of the IGL" scandal. I would like to see the teams and the $ amounts listed as well as team reactions to Sen McCain's all for the teams to turn over those funds to veteran oriented charities.
The only reason the NFL would tell teams to stop taking money for this or anything else is because they want their cut.

ahhh ****. Seems sports teams are being paid by the Department of Defense to stage heartwarming returning soldier reunions and other heartwarming situations at sports arenas. Goodell is doing an investigation and says they will refund the money. Of course our Pats were #2 as far as the worst offenders ($700k), only behind the Falcons. The NFL franchises received the most money out of all the sports. You know our team and Mr. Kraft will be raked over the coals for this.

I looked through the top teams that recieved the most money,

You have teams like teh falcons and the ravens who recieved money to allow armed service men to sing the national anthem, or do their military colors etc.

The patriots recieved money for tickets to games. Season tickets, stadium tickets, training camp tickets, access to suites, etc etc. The patriots sold the military tickets to games. Its crazy that they are even listed in the same catagory as the teams that allowed the army to PAY THEM to let soliders sing the national anthem.

check out the list. The patriots are listed for selling tickets, not "honoring the troops" ******** that other teams are listed for.

Not to be callous, but..."investigation"? We might wish that this would be done pro bono, but if the DoD decides it's a good use of some of their $500M advertising budget, where's the impropriety?

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back