PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Preseason (Might Be?) Canceled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hurts the UDFAs trying to make the team

Good. Better chance for teams to start healthy.

I don't understand the need for owners/players to fight about money in a season like this.

Why don't the owners let the players take most of the profits this season and promote the league as a new model for the country working together? It's time to reinvent the league by reminding everyone that the NFL became successful because rich owners agreed to share revenue with the poor ones.

Get players on board anyway you can. The franchises will increase in value because of it.

The practice squad was already being increased to 12 players. There have been reports of the PS increasing to 16 in order to have replacements available in case of an outbreak. UDFAs might not make the 53 man roster out of camp, but many will still have an opportunity to make an impact as the season progresses.

I’m bracing for the announcement of no season :crying:

The tweet says no preseason games were offered but I don’t take that to mean it’s actually been agreed to.

the fat GOON lady hasn't sung yet...never underestimate the unbridled greed and deviousness of Roger "Rasputin" Goodell

I don't understand the need for owners/players to fight about money in a season like this.

Why don't the owners let the players take most of the profits this season and promote the league as a new model for the country working together? It's time to reinvent the league by reminding everyone that the NFL became successful because rich owners agreed to share revenue with the poor ones.

Get players on board anyway you can. The franchises will increase in value because of it.
The players are already getting the majority, probably all and most likely more than the profits this year.
The cap is based upon last years revenues and the players get about half. This years revenues will be substantially reduced, in fact player payroll may exceed revenue.

As if September football couldn't get any uglier....

I’m bracing for the announcement of no season :crying:
This has been gradual and consistent retreat by the NFL as the facts on the ground become clearer and clearer.
First only 3 preseason games, then two, then one, now reportedly none.

Seems like the situation gets more and more desperate by the day.
Next sign that the season is in jeopardy?

Training camp gets pushed back by two weeks.

Live feed into Goodells office:
tumblr_n25mc78n3A1rrtv31o6_250.gif

It seems like every day now I'm reading about a new way to fight the virus or a new positive vaccine trial result. I think we're close to the end of this thing. Canceling the preseason sucks on many levels but it does buy about six weeks of time to allow more Covid advancements to take place and make an upcoming season more possible without taking any unnecessary risks.

My prediction is that there will be a normal Super Bowl in a stadium full of fans. Life will be back to normal.

Hurts the UDFAs trying to make the team
I disagree. Coaches know what they have with practices every day. It's why fans complain about why the Matt Cassell's of the world are never cut. Practice is far more important than an unscripted preseason game.

The only players that might be hurt, are PS players that flashed in a PS game that can be poached. This might benefit BB on cut day, keeping players he might have lost.

I think believing we are close to a cure is awesome and while I certainly hope so, I also hope they cure cancer, the flu, and the common cold at the same time. Sooo.... kind of tempering my hopes. However, just remember, in a bad year, with a vaccine, and herd immunity built up, the flu death estimates are 50,000 to 90,000, (cdc estimates) in 6 months and we never ever hear about it.

The quality of football we're going to get in 2020 will be bad...

It seems like every day now I'm reading about a new way to fight the virus or a new positive vaccine trial result. I think we're close to the end of this thing.

Maybe the US will be at the end of this thing in time for next Spring (and the 2021 season). The 2020 season is not salvageable anymore, will be played under those weird circumstances and if things take the wrong turn might never be finished.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Back