SOURCE:WEEI

Patsfans.com

Upcoming Opponent:
Next Up: Bengals
Sun
Dec 15th
Right Now At PatsFans.com:
Another Tough One
The Patriots fought until the end but just came up short during a frustrating loss to the Chiefs on Sunday.

Current Patriots Twitter Feed:

NFL Playoffs: Detroit Lions at Dallas Cowboys - odds, stats, preview and prediction

Discussion in 'NFL Football Forum' started by bigballas, Jan 4, 2015.

1. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,295
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +20,820
    I am strongly in favor of coaches challenges to PI calls.
    However, this example weakens my case. Even with a review after the fact, PI is SO subjective and complex that there will always be controversy especially when a perceived league favorite team (otherwise known as your opponent if you're a fan) gets a reversal.
    Best solution is 10 yds for PI.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. West Philly Patriot

West Philly Patriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +392
    He doesn't display the image of a violent criminal. Period. If that's the label you jump to because a black athlete rubs you the wrong way, than that's says something about YOU, not him.

I think it's tiresome when law abiding citizens are labeled as criminals and it's also dangerous. Too often they are people who look like dick Sherman and myself and its Representative of a larger problem in this country. He talked trash to Tom! Must be pullin drive by's or robbing people? Pathetic. Stop digging, there is ZERO basis to call Richard Sherman a violent criminal. I can totally see why a fan of a different team would dislike him, he actually begs for it. But he isn't a violent criminal who hurts people.

What white player that has never had any serious physical altercation. Or off field incident is called a thug? Name one. Because Sherman is a model citizen by all accounts.

• Like Like x 1
  4. West Philly Patriot

Ratings:
    +392
    But you are riding all out for the proponents of calling him such. Describing his behavior as thuggery? Lol do you even know the meaning? His behavior is violent? Criminally violent? Hopefully you slept off whatever you were drunk on.

5. West Philly Patriot

Ratings:
    +392
    Nah I'm just "pro-black people being treated like every other American" and when I see it I say something. I'm black everywhere, including patsfans.com.

I have talked PLENTY of football here without incident, and I love my team. But, I don't need to look at my shoes for anybody when this stuff arises.

6. PatriotSeven

PatriotSeven In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +286
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Dean Blandino on the Cowboys party bus.

Nothing to see here folks, move along.

The NFL has no credibility with me. The idea that our Pats or any other team has their destiny in their own hands is just a pipe dream. Something that you tend to forget throughout the season, but then their own incompetence at being such terrible ****ing cheaters, can't even let you forget. They really go all out, shamelessly, with no apologies, or tact, when it comes to a playoff team winning that might affect that bottom line.

You know what really makes me laugh? When you see poor fans thinking there is suspicious calls, that actually call for the NFL to fire or investigate the referees. They see it, but they don't really want to put the 2 and 2 together and stare at the big picture in the face. Why the hell would the NFL ever investigate themselves? Or fire the guys doing such a wonderful job for them and carrying that agenda?

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,752
    You, my friend, are pushing a race-baiting agenda here via your sigs that has nothing to do with the Patsfans.com football forum. Take it to the Political Forum -- there are plenty of topical threads on race relations where your perspectives will be welcomed. Your agitations on race are front and center with every post you make. It's classless and unnecessarily provocative.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. West Philly Patriot

Ratings:
    +392
    If I put a MLK sig and quote would that also be classless? I don't find it to be provocative in the least. Treat people like people should be the baseline.

My agenda is for a black person to not have to endure accusations of violent criminality because of annoying behavior. It's not race baiting. Everybody should be agreement that said practice is wrong anywhere, no?

Seriously, I'm not trolling, this stuff affects me, and its not something I will EVER back down from. I'm not snickering at a laptop trying to get people worked up.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  9. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter Weekly Picks Winner

Ratings:
    +33,752
    YES! But (A) this is a football forum -- not Ferguson, Mo. or the Chicago projects -- and not the place for pushing socio-political agendas. And (B) the images you have chosen are defiant/provocative. As you already have seen, there is more than one (reasonable) perspective to the Sherman situation and MANY perspectives on the Tamir Rice/Michael Brown/etc., etc. situations. Pushing your viewpoint out of context to what others say or do in this forum is just being an agitator. Again, I really do think you have something to offer on matters of race relations discussed in the Political Forum. That's where I do it.

10. pwes

pwes Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +2,521
    Probably where you said "I didn't call him a thug" and quoted my post. I never said you called him a thug so I don't know why you would respond to my post with a statement like that unless you were under the assumption I was speaking to or about you. Logic would tell you that.

I'm done with this. I added my two cents and have nothing else to say on the matter.

11. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +53,635
    I just posted this in another thread, but it belongs here too:

It gets even worse, both for the NFL and the defenders of the play. While trying to defend the DPI, Blandino admits that the holding call that proceded it was a definite blown call:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ndino-acknowledges-cowboys-got-away-with-one/

He also admits, tacitly, that the Cowboys got away with the Dez Bryant non-call on the same play:

So, even while trying to pretend the DPI isn't a textbook example of what they've been calling all season and claiming it to be a 50/50 call (which still means it could have been called and there's no excuse for picking up the flag as a "faceguard"), Blandino admits that the cowboys got away with 2 other penalties on the same play.

I look forward to reading the upcoming disclaimers in the multiple threads where this is a topic.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +20,820
    Maybe it's advancing age, but I now have no idea whatsoever how OPI is determined in today's NFL.

13. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +620
    noun
    noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug
    a violent person, especially a criminal.

noun: violence
    behavior involving physical force intended to hurt, damage, or kill someone or something.
    synonyms:brutality, brute force, ferocity, savagery, cruelty, sadism, barbarity, brutishnessMore
    "violence against women"
    forcefulness, force, power, strength, might, savagery, ferocity, brutality
    "the violence of the blow"
    strength of emotion or an unpleasant or destructive natural force.
    "the violence of her own feelings"

His behavior to TFB and Erin Andrews was thuggish, by definition. Deal with it!

• Useful Useful x 1
  14. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +620
    I don't have any issue with his color, there are tons of blacks in the NFL but there's a reason I'm singling HIM out, it's because he's a classless ****head. If he wants to be thought of with dignity he should try conducting himself with some.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. PatsWickedPissah

Ratings:
    +20,820
    Disagree, with respect to your stretched definition in my opinion. NOT a "thug" or even close.
    I've called Richard Sherman "Dick" Sherman when he was behaving like one in my view but that's as far as I'd go. I'd like to have him on the Pats.

Let's return to the topic of the thread.

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. Haley

Haley In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1,947
    That's okay. The refs don't either.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +8,295
    You mean this isn't it? Who knew?

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. JackBauer

JackBauer Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +6,790
    "Strength of emotion" is a pretty low bar to set there...

19. BingoBrown

BingoBrown Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +512
    Oh hell yeah!<----NFL

20. captain stone

captain stone Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +8,769
    Don't know if this has been mentioned in the first 32 pages, but if I were a Loins fan, I would save some
    of my anger for that gutless loser Caldwell, whose first mistake was not simply running the damn ball on 3rd/1. His next mistake was not going for the 1st down on 4th/1 inside Dallas territory; he instead takes
    the coward's way out by relying on a feckin little punter. Serves him right.