PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Weekly NFL Picks Contest NFL Picks Contest - Week 8

Again, a missed pick is basically a loss. So no, in the case of a tie based on # of wins, there shouldn't be an exception for misses since missed picks are basically losses. Ian has chosen to keep track of them separately for whatever reason.

You are basically arguing the same thing I am saying after I corrected myself. but the way it seems, if you are tied for first place at the end of the year, you are not going to get to be the winner for missing games.

It doesn't appear that way. Those who miss games are assessed a lower spot in the standings. If at the end of the season, two are tied for the most number wins, the tiebreaker would go to the person having fewer missed games. For example, you are tied for 10th but are the lowest of those tied for 10th based on your missed games.
These will be assigned to a loss, I just haven't changed it. And as you can see in the standings, if you're grouped in with a certain ranking, it doesn't matter where you're listed, you still rank in that group:

1635348713967.png

When there are multiple people with the same record, they can't all be lumped together on the same line. So I have no ulterior motive ;)

I did the "missed" count toward the end of last season and was trying to see at the time how some people who missed games might be included heading into the final week. As soon as I update some things, they'll be tallied as a loss but I'll still be including the "missed" notification, just so people can tell that one (or more) of their losses were due to a missed game and which one it was.

Obviously, those will need to be viewed on the individual weekly results pages to see which games you missed.

Hope that clears things up, but again, that's more or less the intent behind that. But the feedback has been huge, since many of you have stepped up and let me know about any issues, etc. I would definitely encourage anyone to continue doing so and always appreciate it :)

These will be assigned to a loss, I just haven't changed it. And as you can see in the standings, if you're grouped in with a certain ranking, it doesn't matter where you're listed, you still rank in that group:

View attachment 36980

When there are multiple people with the same record, they can't all be lumped together on the same line. So I have no ulterior motive ;)

I did the "missed" count toward the end of last season and was trying to see at the time how some people who missed games might be included heading into the final week. As soon as I update some things, they'll be tallied as a loss but I'll still be including the "missed" notification, just so people can tell that one (or more) of their losses were due to a missed game and which one it was.

Obviously, those will need to be viewed on the individual weekly results pages to see which games you missed.

Hope that clears things up, but again, that's more or less the intent behind that. But the feedback has been huge, since many of you have stepped up and let me know about any issues, etc. I would definitely encourage anyone to continue doing so and always appreciate it :)

Thanks for the clarification!

View attachment 36980

If we are forced to share, can you add columns for Vaxed, Unvaxed, and Gronkateer so we know how far to distance ourselves from certain members.
Thanks in advance

Cartoon Yes GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

• Ha Ha
Reactions: Ian
72.7% of us including me were disappointed with last nights outcome.

• Agree
The 0.9% is quite happy whoever they are.
Whoever that lucky and may I say brave person is,,,he or she should try the Lottery !!! Better chance in winning that than predicting a Jets win against the Bengals.

Congrats 13-2

I'm one of the 27.3% that liked the outcome!

The real question is who is the .09% that say the Jetes will be Cincy.
1635863912541.png
That would be me. Lol

But it wasn't a big deal...as you see by my third pick there I did a bunch of picks like an "opposite week" George Constanza style. If I thought a team was going to win I picked the opposite :D

Only finished 7-8 though so I guess it didn't work :(

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down