PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION NFL GAME DAY DISCUSSION Week 11: Other Games Thread

This will be the nail in the coffin for Kitchens. His team has zero composure even when they win.
Serious question : if entire Patriots staff - under the direction of BB - had begun in June with the Browns' roster, what would their record be ? Would they be the worst team in penalties & penalty yards ?

I’m surprised Rudolph got off with nothing being the instigator (kicking nuts, pulling the helmet off).
See my earlier post. Rudolph was not the instigator. Game is over, ball long gone and Garrett bodyslams Rudolph (on his throwing shoulder). Garrett deserved any response Rudolph gave

I was just about to write this. Everything in this punishment seems well thought out except that part. I can’t decide if I think he should get one game or zero.
I think he should have to play Cleveland for the rest of his career. No, wait, that would be worse than what his dear friend, Aaron Hernandez, received. I guess having had Roethlisberger grab your ass every Sunday is punishment enough.

Serious question : if entire Patriots staff - under the direction of BB - had begun in June with the Browns' roster, what would their record be ? Would they be the worst team in penalties & penalty yards ?
Considerably less. Teams that get penalized a lot are coached by guys the players aren’t afraid of or respected.

I do wonder if a player of Garrett’s caliber had been playing for a major contender or NFL darling team would the penalty be as tough?

Remember. Von Miller was gone for the year for manipulating his piss test but because he was on Gomers team he got that cut in half.

Considerably less. Teams that get penalized a lot are coached by guys the players aren’t afraid of or respected.
Kitchens is horribly under qualified for that job. Somehow worse than Hue Jackson.

See my earlier post. Rudolph was not the instigator. Game is over, ball long gone and Garrett bodyslams Rudolph (on his throwing shoulder). Garrett deserved any response Rudolph gave

Gimme a break, he didn’t body slam him. He was already there when the ball was being released and rolled him to the ground. Late hit? Maybe. Throw a flag. But to call it body slamming is absurd.

Rudolph started the helmet stuff first by trying to rip off Garett’s helmet. The only difference is he’s a ***** and couldn’t get it off.

I was just about to write this. Everything in this punishment seems well thought out except that part. I can’t decide if I think he should get one game or zero.

My thinking on this:
  • He tried to kick Garrett in the head, so I can't argue with a one game suspension.
  • I think 2 games is excessive, but with this freakin' league...
  • But the third game just has no business being tacked onto the suspension. The only thing that makes sense is that it's a deliberate throwaway week that's expected to be dropped on the appeal.

Gimme a break, he didn’t body slam him. He was already there when the ball was being released and rolled him to the ground. Late hit? Maybe. Throw a flag. But to call it body slamming is absurd.

Rudolph started the helmet stuff first by trying to rip off Garett’s helmet. The only difference is he’s a ***** and couldn’t get it off.
Ah yes. Rudolph definitely deserved to nearly get his skull split open because of that egregious offense. Good counter argument. Solid work.

Steelers lucky Pouncey will be back for their toughest games vs Buffalo and in Baltimore. Big loss.

You might want to give these guys a try:

https://www.visionworks.com/

Gotta think Garrett at least misses 4-6 games next season. Wonder if NFLPA fights it just because the owners are scum bags and can’t be trusted.

Lmao

this is probably the first time in nfl history fans are clamoring for their own qb to be suspended lmaoooooo

Ah yes. Rudolph definitely deserved to nearly get his skull split open because of that egregious offense. Good counter argument. Solid work.

Rudolph’s helmet was only ripped off because he tried to rip off Garrett’s.

It’s karma.

Rudolph shouldn’t start crap he can’t finish.

I turned the game off because I was falling asleep not even a minute before the fight..d%#*!@t, my timing is impeccable.
I seriously don’t get this “Rudolph started it” talk... watch the entire sequence- Garrett tackles Rudolph well after the ball has left his hand...& proceeds to drive him to the ground. Mason struggles/tries to get Myles off of him from the very beginning, and justifiably so, as it is a late, unnecessary and illegal hit.

agreed, Rudolph was no saint in this, but he absolutely did not START it. He was taken down excessively and had a 270 pound lunatic who wouldn’t get off of him.

Saw your post. Just watched the replay again. It wasn’t necessarily a late hit. He had Rudolph wrapped up a split second after the dump pass to the rb. You could maybe call unnecessary roughness for not letting up on the tackle. As for a body slam? Idk to me looked like Garrett had Rudolph in a bear hug and just tackled him to the ground. Didn’t look too egregious but Rudolph took exception since he had already thrown the ball. From then Rudolph attempts to rip Garrett’s helmet off and Garrett takes exception to this by ripping Rudolph’s helmet off from the face mask while getting kicked in the nuts simultaneously.

So Ill change my opinion and say Rudolph was not the sole initiator (they both were at fault up to that point) and then Garrett loses his mind with the helmet swing.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back