PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who was the poster who said Forte turned us down at the same money?

Sounds like we didn't have that must interest

Go figure lol

.@1053thefan this am we reported that if 4 teams are really bidding on Weddle, #Cowboys at moment are 'Team No. 5'

Cowboys insider reporting that the Cowboys aren't one of the final four teams in on Weddle, so La Canfora's initial report was bogus.

Well to be fair to Laconfora he said that Cowboys were one of the teams keeping tabs on Weddle. He never said those teams were the only teams. People being idiots that they are jumped to conclusion that Cowboys, Steelers and Ravens were 3 of the 4 teams because that's who Laconfora reported was "keeping" tabs with the Raiders being other because of Bruce Irvin tweeting at Weddle

Not even sure what Chris Long would bring to the team. He had an all star squad front seven in St Louis with teams not even concentrating on him. What did he do? Next to zilch. Guy has got a shadow hanging over him named Howie since the day he was born.

If he does come here I'll keep my expectations low so I'm not disappointed. It would be nice to see him have a rejuvenation here as he certainly has the physical tools to succeed. Maybe Bill and Matt will put him in a position to succeed.

It was called CAP issue. Same with James L. and Cook.

Cook is actually the most talented TE on the board left. Only 29. 6'5" and 254. Was with a bad QB situation with Rams. Had a terrible year. Only 39 catches. 4.49 speed and he can block. Will be cheaper because of this past year. If BB can light a fire under his ass and he is better than Green (Pitt) , Allen or Fleener.

Chris long admitted he played bad. That is accountability. That brings a chip. I have seen Jones on the ins9ide a few time. Long is bigger.

How about all three ex-Rams in a package deal? "Los Angeles also pulled the plug on DE Chris Long and LB James Laurinaitis. Those three were scheduled to earn $22.525 million in base salary for 2016." In defense of these three, yes they had mediocre years but you are playing for a Team in flux, a bad coach, no QB and big paycheck. Pay should have been the incentive but winning does count.

"A third-round pick in 2009, Cook hasn't really lived up to his billing through seven NFL seasons. The pass-catcher never topped 700 yards in his three years with the Rams, and while some of that can be attributed to quarterback play, much of that falls on him as well. Cook possesses the athleticism of an elite tight end, but it hasn't turned into production. It's possible he'll find a starting role with another team"

Against Pats

Would not that package fill a few holes? Second TE and LB depth with a proven vet. Now gain a Pro Bowl type DE and maybe you can get a kings ransom for Chandler Jones rather than a perhaps 3rd round Comp because you can't keep him. Would you take that trio?

All three would want to restore their resume. I like players who want to prove something. How would it make Fisher look if these guys revived their careers and helped bring us a Super Bowl. None are that old.

Thoughts?
DW Toys

Jeff howe: pats showed a minor interest in matt forte. Asking price was too high and the pats went in a different direction. So much for wanting to sign somewhere to win a championship.

Twitter rumors that Weddle is visiting us.

I'm not trying to troll but check for yourselves.

Some patriots employee started the rumor supposedly. We'll see if it has any truth to it.

This is the player I want over any defensive free agent, over long too.

@EdBouchette
Sounds like the Patriots

Steelers reporter for Pitt newspaper. Their version of Howe?

Was Long hurt last year or something? Why do they need to work him out?
@EdBouchette
Sounds like the Patriots

Steelers reporter for Pitt newspaper. Their version of Howe?
Wow, that's surprising. I'll still believe it only when I see it. I'll be shocked if he doesn't sign with Pitt.

Our secondary will be top 5 in the league if we get Weddle.

Couple that with Daryl Roberts getting his shot to shine and Brown most likely coming back from IR and we're looking damn good.

I am surprised the Pats have not really looked at 3rd LB that much in FA. Maybe they plan to draft one or are happy with what they have.

Also the need for a 2nd TE is not being explored that much either. I think both of these will be addressed in due time but they certainly seem to be in no rush.

Question was what way is Weddle leaning...that was his response

Our secondary will be top 5 in the league if we get Weddle.

Couple that with Daryl Roberts getting his shot to shine and Brown most likely coming back from IR and we're looking damn good.

It was arguably already top 5 in 2015. But this would be a great addition.

I am surprised the Pats have not really looked at 3rd LB that much in FA. Maybe they plan to draft one or are happy with what they have.

Also the need for a 2nd TE is not being explored that much either. I think both of these will be addressed in due time but they certainly seem to be in no rush.

To be honest, signing Weddle and moving Chung to the box permenatly is essentially getting a 3rd LB and it would also be cheaper too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST