PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rivera is also a good player. Hmm.

Rivera is also a good player. Hmm.

Not particularly. He's an atrocious blocker. I don't think Belichick would touch him with a ten-foot pole.

I also don't know why the sudden interest in Knile Davis, and especially when you're throwing names like Amendola out there. His cost is probably closer to a conditional 7th round pick than an actual contributing player.

The guy's never been a starter and last year, when it finally looked like he might get a chance, disappeared into oblivion behind not just one but two running backs that no one had ever heard of. I'm skeptical he's better than Bolden as a running back, let alone a threat to start. His career average is 3.3 yards per carry and he has severe fumbling problems.

Last edited:
I think his trade value may surprise you 5th or higher

I think his trade value may surprise you 5th or higher

That would be totally insane. He's the fourth RB on their depth chart and a candidate for release. He's never averaged more than 3.5 yards per carry on a team where Jamaal Charles regularly led the league in per carry average, and has fumbled every 33 attempts. He's also not a very good receiver. If the Chiefs get anything at all for him, it's a win.

So your saying you dont think there is any upgrade to trade for him?

I think Knile Davis is terrible, and there's really no evidence that would say otherwise. Like I said above, I'd rate Brandon Bolden as a better running back. He can at least catch and pass protect and doesn't fumble. If the Chiefs running back available for trade was Ware or West, sure, I'd be interested, and I think either would immediately become the Patriots top rushing back. But Davis is very bad.

So your saying you dont think there is any upgrade to trade for him?

Yep, and this is on a team that needs a RB. The Patriots need one really good 1st down back, not another 4th or 5th back.

Heres a question is he a upgrade from Blount at this point?

Oh man, I would love a trade for Davis. Guy has talent.

Ross, this is to notify you that your status as moderator is now on probation. Any more dumb assed comments like this will lead to suspension and ultimately revocation.

Get it together.

Sheesh

Ross, this is to notify you that your status as moderator is now on probation. Any more dumb assed comments like this will lead to suspension and ultimately revocation.

Get it together.

Sheesh
Listen, I know he's not always played awesome but I think he has some natural talent as a runner and could do well here. If I'm not mistaken he has a cheap contract, doesn't he? My ideal trade would be like a 6th or 7th. Not talking big here.

Dolphins signed RB Isaiah Pead.
Alex marvez

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick