PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Someone was talking about Miami as if they've mortgaged their future for the Hill trade.

Mike McDaniel can thank his former employer for setting him up with this situation. Hill and that 2023 draft pick are all part of the compensation the Dolphins got for trading the #3 pick last year the the 49ers used on Trey Lance.

HE will be fine. He’s only 26. But their current championship window is closed. It’s over. Kelce will age out and Reid will be retiring for health reasons any season now.
Yup that's the end. Mahomes is great but their offense will never be the same.

Yup that's the end. Mahomes is great but their offense will never be the same.

No offensive player in the NFL demands the defensive attention that Hill does. But having all those extra picks gives the Chiefs a chance to throw numbers at the position. And I'd expect that Hill's spot opening up would put the Chiefs into a more aggressive posture with regards to trade and FA possibilities (for example, if you're the Chiefs, aren't you now seriously thinking of going after OBJ right now?).

It hurts seeing teams get max values for their studs and we got nothing for Jackson and peanuts for Gilmore.
Let the Goat leave without even a bag of footballs in return.
Bill it’s your move your up sir.

I don’t understand how fans aren’t pissed. All of these teams talent wise are getting better and we’re getting worse

I too want to see us on top again and it's not fun seeing all the changes to the top teams in the AFC. But after 20 years of unprecedented dominance and 6 Super Bowl wins, maybe this isn't something to get pissed off about?

And what should other fan bases have felt during all the time if we're supposed to be pissed now? Suicidal?

I don't have a problem with how the Patriots conduct business during the off-season and the success it has brought the past 20 years.
We could Reminisce over our dynasty for the next 10 years but even on paper this season already looks bleak.

I don't have a problem with how the Patriots conduct business during the off-season and the success it has brought the past 20 years.
The greatest player in NFL history doesn’t play for us anymore. In my opinion, continuing to conduct business like he does is a mistake

No offensive player in the NFL demands the defensive attention that Hill does. But having all those extra picks gives the Chiefs a chance to throw numbers at the position. And I'd expect that Hill's spot opening up would put the Chiefs into a more aggressive posture with regards to trade and FA possibilities (for example, if you're the Chiefs, aren't you now seriously thinking of going after OBJ right now?).
Very true. If they're going to retool they're well set up to do that. That's quite the haul they picked up.

The greatest player in NFL history doesn’t play for us anymore. In my opinion, continuing to conduct business like he does is a mistake
1648064329292.png

I wonder why that was the case

We could Reminisce over our dynasty for the next 10 years but even on paper this season already looks bleak.
It's March. Our schedule isn't that difficult IMO. If we can get 2+ quality rookie starters from this draft and address gaps on OL and CB and with an expected improvement from Jones I think we're good for 9 wins give or take a game. That was my prediction last year.

I expect the window to slowly open up in 2023.

I sense we aren’t winning in Miami for at least 3 seasons.
IF they get the right QB they can compete in the Stacked AFC. I don't think Tua is the answer hope I'm wrong: If they ever get a decent QB they are going be tough to game plan for.

It's March. Our schedule isn't that difficult IMO. If we can get 2+ quality rookie starters from this draft and address gaps on OL and CB and with an expected improvement from Jones I think we're good for 9 wins give or take a game. That was my prediction last year.

I expect the window to slowly open up in 2023.
"IF" don't win games that's why Teams make strategic trades we getting nothing for Jackson and Gilmore seems weird looking at how Teams are cashing in on talented players BB have some explaining to do there.

Your post is a great example of why so many threads around here end up as BB v. TB threads nowadays.

"IF" don't win games that's why Teams make strategic trades we getting nothing for Jackson and Gilmore seems weird looking at how Teams are cashing in on talented players BB have some explaining to do there.
Neither does moves made in March.

I think it's fair to assume that the Patriots will get a couple of quality starters in the draft and the roster at season start will be better than the roster right now.

9 wins IMO ought to be doable.

Your post is a great example of why so many threads around here end up as BB v. TB threads nowadays.
I know I know...I'm a Patriots fan...my bad. Hows the Bucs?

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back