PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Bengals took 2 years to rebuild and get to the supe bowl

Bills took 3 years to get to the AFC Championship game

But we have to wait until year 4 in 2023 for us to be a contender. And what's actually gonna change? Will the Bengals and Bills and Chargers go away?

Will other teams not rise up?

The gamble is whether he’s really that good without Rodgers, that he stays healthy, and that he continues to produce after getting paid.

Not much of a gamble

We’re all entitled to opinions the last I checked. Mine is Adams is as much hype as substance and will not play up to the $28 million and the draft picks. If you haven’t noticed, these big money, multiple picks trades don’t have the greatest success rate for buyers.

We are also all entitled to respond to the opinions of others. My response to your opinion is that you're talking out of your backside on Adams. And no method of player acquisition has a 100% success rate.

We have seen BB wait awhile before striking in the past but this is absurd. Our O line appears to have been decimated and to this point nothing from BB. We need, at the very least, a guard and 2 tackles. We also need receivers either in FA or draft. The problem is we need front seven help on D. BB needs to start the process of decent to good acquisitions NOW. At this current rate he's going to get Mac beaten to a pulp ala Andrew Luck.
You forgot the biggest area of need, cb.

Having trouble determining what the Bills have available right now, but OTC shows them with $16M in cap space but not accounting for Von Miller's deal at all. That's reported as around $17M a year in its initial years... so if we figure the first year is at least a $12M cap hit then Buffalo likely has less than $5M in cap space right now. If Bill restructures a player and front loads an offer for Bates, Buffalo likely could not match. The restructure would be offset by Bates likely having a lower cap hit in future years.
How much do you think Bates is worth?

But we have to wait until year 4 in 2023 for us to be a contender. And what's actually gonna change? Will the Bengals and Bills and Chargers go away?

Absolute state of this whiney hyperbolic take

someone on EEI posited perhaps Krafty Bob told Bill the GM..."spend in 2020 for 2020 and 2021 because I'm not spending in 2021" for whatever reason.... basically treating last year's FA shopping spree to cover 2 years....
who knows, but It sounds plausible. there's no other reasonable reason to make your team worse as an owner....there's no arguing that as currently constituted the 2021 Pats are a weaker team all around than the 2020 Pats. they've lost good players, experienced coaches, and experienced front office people....is this the vaunted "bridge year?"....and they've done nothing but resign/sign backups, old guys, and special teamers

The Bengals had back to back top 5 or higher picks in every round.

The Bills had a few years of high draft picks every year.

Having a high draft position greatly helps with turning a franchise around. It's not a guarantee but it definitely helps

someone on EEI posited perhaps Krafty Bob told Bill the GM..."spend in 2020 for 2020 and 2021 because I'm not spending in 2021" for whatever reason.... basically treating last year's FA shopping spree to cover 2 years....
who knows, but It sounds plausible. there's no other reasonable reason to make your team worse as an owner....there's no arguing that as currently constituted the 2021 Pats are a weaker team all around than the 2020 Pats. they've lost good players, experienced coaches, and experienced front office people....is this the vaunted "bridge year?"....and they've done nothing but resign/sign backups, old guys, and special teamers
I think your years are 1 behind but I agree

Absolute state of this whiney hyperbolic take
Hey man, Oh well. I'm not saying anything wrong imo. I'm pegging them at 5-7 wins this year.

For all we know money was the same and he picked Rams over Pats.
Can’t blame him.
They are the superbowl winners.
Mcvay is known as a fun coach and Chi town to Cali.

We are now back to if people want to freeze their ass off and get screamed at you will have to pay them way more.
The media seems to be running with this idea.

I saw Breer post something about it yesterday, so I wondered, what FAs did we sign that came to play with Brady? Reche Caldwell? Jabar Gaffney? Brandon Lloyd? Chris Hogan? Danny Amendola? How are they any different than Kendrick Bourne and Nelson Agholor coming to play with Mac, erm, I mean Cam Newton?

My auto helmet doesn’t need to go in the trash just yet.
It better be like 3 mill a season.
Watch us do something stupid like 2 years 16 mill.
LOL Chris, I would not expect us to be breaking the bank for Bentley.

Not much of a gamble

We are also all entitled to respond to the opinions of others. My response to your opinion is that you're talking out of your backside on Adams. And no method of player acquisition has a 100% success rate.
Says you. My backside will be right your’s will be wrong.

How much do you think Bates is worth?
Probably in the ballpark of Karras right? Let's say 4 years $24M with the first year having a cap hit of $10M. The later 3 years would average hits of only $4.5ish million. The Bills would have to move money around to match and then would have to move more money around to have room to operate the rest of the season.

The Bengals had back to back top 5 or higher picks in every round.

The Bills had a few years of high draft picks every year.

Having a high draft position greatly helps with turning a franchise around. It's not a guarantee but it definitely helps
Of course, so it's misleading. But then Buffalo traded up. And Bill hates trading up. And we also overpaid last year in free agency.

I don't know man I just find it kinda funny how we're gonna step back this year probably.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back