PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

LOL Chris, I would not expect us to be breaking the bank for Bentley.
The way this is going I’m buckling up.
Just keep Bill away from the Draft.
Wolf and Groh need to make sure Bill is like locked in a room with old footage of the Giants to keep him busy he can come back when the drafts over to sign like 20 UDFA corners we are going to need them for sure.

But then on talent get worse the following year makes no sense. Right now OL which was a strength was just made a huge weakness by Bill. All to get a 5th round pick
If he plugs Onwenu into RG and he does well and we realize that that's the only spot possible for Onwenu, we've done OK with that decision.

Our current defense the way it stands: ......expect more upgrades before the season starts:

EDGE: Matt Judon
NT: Davon Godchaux
DT: Christian Barmore
EDGE: J. Uche / D. Wise
LB: Raekwon McMillan
LB: J Bentley
CB: Jalen Mills
CB: T. Mitchell / J. Williams
Slot: J. Jones
S: Kyle Dugger
S: Devin McCourty
S: A. Phillips

BB: Hey Mac, you’re OC and QB guy are leaving. We also decided to let Karras and Brown walk. Oh, and we traded Shaq to Tompa Bay. We are bringing in Ty Montgomery though.

Mac:
drunk saturday night live GIF
He clearly misunderstood the lay off the ice-cream assignment this offseason lol. Comfort foods get us all man!

Seeing this Free agency has made my hate for Nelson Agholar grow.
I didn’t understand the signing last year.
He was a internet sensation meme for the guy in Philly catching babies thrown to him during a fire.
Dude said something like thank God Nelson Agholar wasn’t down here catching kids from the window.

Then we go had a good year in Las Vegas let’s empty the bag for him.
Bro.
Then Josh and Ziegler grab Adams.
Lol I have to laugh to stop from crying.
Not really but bro
It’s wild.

Of course, so it's misleading. But then Buffalo traded up. And Bill hates trading up. And we also overpaid last year in free agency.

I don't know man I just find it kinda funny how we're gonna step back this year probably.
There seems to be a lot of Oline rated in the 20-40 range of this draft.

Perhaps that's the direction Bill wants to go and everything is else is a smokescreen.

Yeah, the draft will dictate the direction of the team. If Bill can land a few studs on the Oline and hit late round/UDFA DBs, which he is the GOAT at, then I can see this team jumping to the next level

I think Bill just wants the team to be sh*tty this year and next so folks won't renew their season tickets and I move up on the waiting list.

Seeing this Free agency has made my hate for Nelson Agholar grow.
I didn’t understand the signing last year.
He was a internet sensation meme for the guy in Philly catching babies thrown to him during a fire.
Dude said something like thank God Nelson Agholar wasn’t down here catching kids from the window.

Then we go had a good year in Las Vegas let’s empty the bag for him.
Bro.
Then Josh and Ziegler grab Adams.
Lol I have to laugh to stop from crying.
Not really but bro
It’s wild.
Fortunately Agholor was only a 2 year deal. He will be gone next year

Probably in the ballpark of Karras right? Let's say 4 years $24M with the first year having a cap hit of $10M. The later 3 years would average hits of only $4.5ish million. The Bills would have to move money around to match and then would have to move more money around to have room to operate the rest of the season.
But Shaq's cap was about $7.4M in 2022. Why would you trade him away for supposedly cap relief to turn around and sign an UDFA with little game experience for a higher cap hit? I doubt they would offer $6M apy. Bates is costing the Bills $2.4M now. I doubt BB would offer even double that.

All this talk about Kraft not wanting to dish out up front cash in the form of bonuses makes sense when you look at the Shaq trade. It was clearly used to free up cap space. I'm just not sure why they picked an OL guy to trade instead of guys like Anderson, Tavai & Godchaux. Probably no takers for those guys.

I honestly have no idea what the FO is doing.

Jesus, this guy wants 4 years guaranteed? Wow

Having trouble determining what the Bills have available right now, but OTC shows them with $16M in cap space but not accounting for Von Miller's deal at all. That's reported as around $17M a year in its initial years... so if we figure the first year is at least a $12M cap hit then Buffalo likely has less than $5M in cap space right now. If Bill restructures a player and front loads an offer for Bates, Buffalo likely could not match. The restructure would be offset by Bates likely having a lower cap hit in future years.
Von Miller counts for $6m against this year's cap according to the Bills guys up here in Buffalo

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back