PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

But then on talent get worse the following year makes no sense. Right now OL which was a strength was just made a huge weakness by Bill. All to get a 5th round pick

The only explanation I have is that Bill is punting on 2022…

My initial thought Chris is : what are you doing marrying a Cowboy fan? I guess better than a Jet/KC/Raven fan. lol
Lol guessing your with a fellow Pats fan.
Their aren’t many of those in PA.
If it wasn’t for my grandpa and me and my friend in like fourth grade following Bledsoe.
I wouldn’t of been a Pats fan myself.

Ryan Bates is 25 years old & played at a high level at LG last year. Submit a legitimate offer plz.

Last edited:
The only explanation I have is that Bill is punting on 2022…
He knows it is very unlikely he can compete with KC, San Diego, Denver, LV and Cincinnati, not to mention the perpetually underrated Ravens in 2022. I think he is trying to set the pats up for a run starting in 23 or 24. This will involve rebuilding the OL. He probably sees Mason as an unlikely long term member of the OL, because he is set to become a FA in 23. He probably wants to start developing younger OL (and other positions) to coincide with the "run" to start in 23 or 24. Part of the preparation will be to give playing time in 22 to younger long term solutions.

I suspect this is why he is not interested in Collins (or maybe Collins not interested in Pats). He wants playing time for younger up and coming players. He probably resigned Slater and Mccourty because he wants that veteran leadership to tutor and lead by example the younger players he plans to draft or trade for.

So yes 22 is a rebuilding and youth movement year...I believe.

Lol guessing your with a fellow Pats fan.
Their aren’t many of those in PA.
If it wasn’t for my grandpa and me and my friend in like fourth grade following Bledsoe.
I wouldn’t of been a Pats fan myself.
Lol Chris, I am single at the moment.

Definitely would not be with anyone that is a rival of ours. My family would probably disown me. lol

I never really thought that a billionaire owner would have an issue with wanting to spend even up to 100mil every season but I guess being a 'billionaire' doesn't mean they have that much in liquid cashflow.

Ryan Bates is 25 years old & played at a high level at LG last year. Submit a legitimately offer plz.

So, he was given an original round tender by the Bills, but he was undrafted, correct? Does this mean that the RFA tender only grants the Bills the right to match, and there's not an automatic draft pick going the other way? I'm sure the teams would probably negotiate a pick tossed for optics, but I'm just trying to get a sense of what this would cost the Pats beyond the contract.

Ashley, who have you heard this from? Are you just referring to the tweets that said the Pats weren’t spending due to spending so much last year? The tweets from guys we all know and love that are just trying to make sense of what’s going on? If not, and you actually have sources saying that Robert Kraft is controlling Belichick in the same way a parent would give their child a limit to their bank account spending is a big deal. That would mean that Robert Kraft has become more hands on and is having a negative impact on Bills ability to construct a roster the way he wants. You’re a moderator on (what I believe) is the biggest Patriots message board on the entire planet. To put something like this out there is a big deal, especially if it turns out to be true. I don’t want to believe it, but if it is, Bill needs to leave and Kraft needs to step away. If this comes out, that Bill had all these plans and was told no, the media circus is going to be over the top.
If you want Holyredeemer, PM me and we can talk. I feel that I have a obligation not to mention "specific" names/people, but certainly stand behind and trust what I have heard.

Ryan Bates is 25 years old & played at a high level at LG last year. Submit a legitimately offer plz.
Having trouble determining what the Bills have available right now, but OTC shows them with $16M in cap space but not accounting for Von Miller's deal at all. That's reported as around $17M a year in its initial years... so if we figure the first year is at least a $12M cap hit then Buffalo likely has less than $5M in cap space right now. If Bill restructures a player and front loads an offer for Bates, Buffalo likely could not match. The restructure would be offset by Bates likely having a lower cap hit in future years.

There is nothing embarrassing about losing in the playoffs to a great Bills team, a team that is probably the best in the AFC now and will likely win a SB in the next few years. Making the playoffs after a dismal 2020 season was always the goal.
If it was a close game I would agree.

That was a massacre. It was the worse defensive performance in playoffs history and the offense wasn't much better

Lol Chris, I am single at the moment.

Definitely would not be with anyone that is a rival of ours. My family would probably disown me. lol
That’s awesome lol.
Your parents raised you right.
My kids aren’t super into football but my oldest would say Eagles.
My middle son would say Ravens cause he likes their uniforms.
My youngest verdict is still out.
But they think it’s fun to go against Dad with just about everything so.
Yeah I clearly need parenting lessons from your fam.

BB: Hey Mac, you’re OC and QB guy are leaving. We also decided to let Karras and Brown walk. Oh, and we traded Shaq to Tompa Bay. We are bringing in Ty Montgomery though.

Mac:
drunk saturday night live GIF

So, he was given an original round tender by the Bills, but he was undrafted, correct? Does this mean that the RFA tender only grants the Bills the right to match, and there's not an automatic draft pick going the other way? I'm sure the teams would probably negotiate a pick tossed for optics, but I'm just trying to get a sense of what this would cost the Pats beyond the contract.
You’ve got it exactly right. The Bills only have the right to match whatever deal the Pats gave him, and if they choose not to, then the Pats don’t owe anything. Same thing happened when they signed Chris Hogan from the Bills. Pats structured that contract so the Bills couldn’t match - Pats had the cap space at the time and the Bills didn’t.

If you want Holyredeemer, PM me and we can talk. I feel that I have a obligation not to mention "specific" names/people, but certainly stand behind and trust what I have heard.
We have seen BB wait awhile before striking in the past but this is absurd. Our O line appears to have been decimated and to this point nothing from BB. We need, at the very least, a guard and 2 tackles. We also need receivers either in FA or draft. The problem is we need front seven help on D. BB needs to start the process of decent to good acquisitions NOW. At this current rate he's going to get Mac beaten to a pulp ala Andrew Luck.

IF this is true….

I don’t have a Twitter account but perhaps it is time for Patriots nation to flood the Patriots official Twitter account with firm, but respectful, messages voicing our extreme displeasure over the possibility that Kraft has taken away the pocketbook this off-season. Emails to Stacy James may be useful as well. The best way to get Bobby to change course would be to let him know that the public perception is not good right now. He hates bad press, especially about himself.

I’m starting to believe it myself, because this goes above and beyond any prior (non-2021) early free-agency periods that I can recall, in terms of BB’s normal strategy of not striking until the first wave of signings is complete. They aren’t even willing to pay second and third level guys.

I am trying to be patient, because I refuse to believe that BB will continue sit the offseason out when he finally has a another young, low-salaried QB to build around…..unless he is not being allowed to spend. You can also be damn sure that he doesn't want to miss the playoffs again and see Tampa go deep in the the playoffs. He knows that the roster last year wasn't good enough and as currently constituted is even further away from being good enough than it was in January.

Still holding out hope that this will be Bill soon…1647620620251.gif

So where are people finding your Patriot free agency twitter chatter?
I will say it’s 99 percent chatter because we haven’t been showing the money.
Is Kraft into some financial trouble or something.
But seriously where is everyone finding their live coverage?

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back