PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

Guess all that talk of 2020 being the outlier reset year and we were rebuilding ahead of schedule in 2021 was a load of crap. What a shock.

1000 percent on paper we are last in the division.
We need players to step up in a huge way.

Bills just signed Shaq Lawson also.

That’s starting to look like a all madden team.
Although I can virtually guarantee this roster will be a lot better when actual games are played, I would still argue that if the Patriots and Jets played each other today with their existing rosters, it would still be a Patriots blowout like it always is.

I hear you man...it is like a dollar TODAY being more valuable than a dollar a year from today.

But my argument is investing that dollar today for the future when the team will have better players to target AND essentially be the only buyer (how many teams will have the cap space that we have for 2023?). This is a deep draft for CBs....let the market come to us and fill holes with bargains/draftees. We can also upgrade at the trading deadline as well...
As it stands right now, 16 teams will have 70M or MORE cap space. That will definitely go down, but let's not pretend like the Pats won't have competition for players next year..

What does this have to do with RK not wanting to spend the money? Do we all really think he went to Bill and said “Hey, someone once claimed I didn’t let them shop for the groceries. I don’t want to ruin what we’ve got, so I’m gonna let you go buy the groceries. Here’s some food stamps to pay for ‘em.”?
bingo

1000 percent on paper we are last in the division.
We need players to step up in a huge way.

Bills just signed Shaq Lawson also.

That’s starting to look like a all madden team.
No one is worried about Shaq Lawson.

I hope this isn’t true.
He's getting married. Weddings are expensive, especially when you have to invite the hip hop/rapper performers.

There seems to be one of them every year. Anthony Barr to the Jets comes to mind, but who could blame him for that.
Smith actually makes the 2nd one. McKissic spurning the Bills was the first.

Kupp and Robinson.....wow
Robinson is replacing Beckham...

I'm not as enamored by Robinson as others. I always felt that his ego was bigger than his production. He should excel there with the Rams because of the other players they have.

I'm not as enamored by Robinson as others. I always felt that his ego was bigger than his production. He should excel there with the Rams because of the other players they have.
Just saw a report that the Rams are looking to bring OBJ back as well.... here it is:

I’m reading they are still trying to sign Beckham as well.

Dude you are becoming dropkickflutie-esque

Give it up, Brady is the greatest to ever play the game, unquestionably, and you were delivered more happiness by him being on the team you root for (or do you?) than a fan deserves in a lifetime and for some reason you want to crap all over him. Who acts like that?
He's a band wagon fan. Probably likes the Lakers and Yankees as well.

Thinking about this, Joe Judge will know how well Ryan actually did last year. If the rumors of the Patriots moving primarily to zone are true, this signing might make sense if he still has something. Experience in the system, can play free safety and interchange with McCourty on some plays at CB. Not the ideal solution, but a potential one.

Rams have almost no cap space ATM don't they? Curious how they freed some up

I read somewhere that only the Pats don't have the Automatic change of Salary to Signing cap in their contracts. Meaning they still have to get player's permission. That means the Rams could have easily done that with Donald, Ramsey, Kupp and Woods. They could have also given Matthew Stafford an extension, which would free up money.

So, what is bills plan with Mac Jones on a rookie contract? What will happen if he is good and demands a market QB salary when his contract is up?

Sounds like the Patriots and Bill are just playing hard to get.

To be perfectly honest, I don't know a lot of about Robinson because I don't watch a lot of Bears games. I have been enamored by his production for the several years leading up to last year and the fact he has a rep for an incredible catch radius. I am not 100% sure he was a scheme fit. But I have been taking on faith that he was. So I could have been in love with getting a player who was the wrong guy for this team.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back