PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

A lot of movement in Free Agency by other teams. Bill trying out USFL players. Come on Bill do something.

I would’ve liked Julio on a 1 year deal, but I don’t think we have the cap space.
Yea, but Bill needs to free up about $10M anyway. I just wish he went ahead and did it but the fact he hasn't tells me he'll probably do it with trades a/o cuts vs restructures/extensions. IOW, team's done signing above avg talent vets that command >$5M/yr.

A lot of movement in Free Agency by other teams. Bill trying out USFL players. Come on Bill do something.

It's really...interesting... to note the difference...

Julio injury history for just the past 3 seasons alone...too bad Bill didn’t sign this guy

Jun 10, 2019NFLPedal FootJones was dealing with a foot injury toward the end of last season, although he didn’t miss a game. He didn't play in preseason games. He managed to play in Week 1 against Minnesota.
Nov 24, 2019NFLShoulder A/C Joint SprainJones suffered a shoulder injury in the second quarter and left the game vs. Tampa Bay. He missed only one game
Sep 20, 2020NFLThigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2Jones strained his left hamstring in the team's Week 2 loss to the Cowboys. He missed one game
Oct 5, 2020NFLThigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2Jones aggravated his hamstring injury in Monday's loss to the Packers. He was inactive for Week 5 game against the Panthers.
Nov 22, 2020NFLThigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2Jones was examined for a hamstring injury during the Week 11 loss to the Saints. He missed the next game
Dec 9, 2020NFLThigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2Jones aggravated his hamstring injury after coming out of a Week 13 game against the Saint. He closed out the 2020 season with four straight missed games
Sep 26, 2021NFLThigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2Jones picked up a hamstring injury during Week 3's win over the Colts. He missed two games
Oct 18, 2021NFLThigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2Julio re-injured his hamstring in Week 6's game against the Bills. He didn't miss any game
Oct 27, 2021NFLThigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2Jones missed Week 8's game against the Colts due to a hamstring injury.
Nov 11, 2021NFLThigh Hamstring Strain Grade 2Jones missed three games due to a hamstring injury.
Dec 19, 2021NFLThigh Hamstring Sprain/Pull Unspecified Grade 1Jones aggravated a hamstring injury in Tennessee's Week 15 loss to Pittsburgh. He was cleared for the next game.

Last edited:
I would’ve liked Julio on a 1 year deal, but I don’t think we have the cap space.

We are trying to build a SB team in 2023 and/or 2024. We need Mac to work with WRs for the long term, not short term veterans like Jones. Hard pass if you are building a 2nd dynasty.

We are trying to build a SB team in 2023 and/or 2024. We need Mac to work with WRs for the long term, not short term veterans like Jones. Hard pass if you are building a 2nd dynasty.
The problem with that is: Meyers and Agholor are on the last year of their deals. Parker and Bourne deals end in 2023. That’s not what I call long term. The only long term receiver we have right now is Thornton

The problem with that is: Meyers and Agholor are on the last year of their deals. Parker and Bourne deals end in 2023. That’s not what I call long term. The only long term receiver we have right now is Thornton

We can still resign any of them. Maybe i should have said medium term?

Julio Jones is on his last legs at 33, Parker and Agholor are both the oldest Pats WRs at 29. All four Pats WRs are young enough to play for 2 to 3 more years. In the meantime Bourne, Thornton, Nixon, Meyers and another have to step up for the 3 to 5 year window. Either way Jones is fading and fits the Bucs well, but not the Pats, IMO.

I would rather have a Defense Addition with because i think we have enough weapons offensively and rather see thornton get some snaps outside to see what we have in him

Rather give an one year deal to Trey Flowers or Sheldon Richardson.

Jones looks just about done. He can occasionally produce like an elite receiver, but mostly he is injury prone and far less productive. He may be there just to take reps early in the season from Godwin until Godwin is close to 100%. I wouldn’t be shocked if Jones isn’t even on the Bucs’ final roster at the start of the season. The Bucs may be able to get some production out of him in a limited role if he does make the final roster. But I doubt the Bucs are expecting a lot out of him.

Rather give an one year deal to Trey Flowers or Sheldon Richardson.

Jones looks just about done.

Flowers and/or Richardson would be great. Jones is cooked.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back