PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

I think TE and QB depth is adequate.
Not sure any team has quality depth at QB once QB#1 goes down. How far do you think this team goes with Hoyer at QB.

Henry is a good TE#1. Jonnu is a huge ? What if he just doesn't get the playbook? TE is the hardest position to learn behind QB. Keene & Asiasi are jags.

Good points, but one of the benefits of adjusting offenses is to get Jonnu's considerable talents employed regularly. Jonnu is going to be used much more effectively this year. I'm looking forward to all of this, I don't think Mr. Belichick has lost his ability to put the players in the best position to succeed. Everyone needs to adhere to the plan, and do their jobs.

Not sure any team has quality depth at QB once QB#1 goes down. How far do you think this team goes with Hoyer at QB.

Henry is a good TE#1. Jonnu is a huge ? What if he just doesn't get the playbook? TE is the hardest position to learn behind QB. Keene & Asiasi are jags.
Haven’t given up on them yet.

Keene & Asiasi? God bless you.
I think Asiasi has the third tight end spot locked pretty securely.
Keene could be a interesting goal line package player who could line up as fullback then slip out as receiver.

I saw a QB the Bucs are still carrying but he's like 44 or something. Still he's supposed to be really good for his age. Bonus, Social Security reimburses part of the cap hit.

I saw a QB the Bucs are still carrying but he's like 44 or something. Still he's supposed to be really good for his age. Bonus, Social Security reimburses part of the cap hit.

Venecol is currently busy posting optimistic things in the Tompa Gronka thread. He’ll (unfortunately) be back shortly to like your post.

I disagree with your suggestion that we are not well set at TE.

Jonnu is a solid #2 TE in this league. I expect him to be extended. I agree that we don't know how he will be used this year. He could be primarily a blocker. He could get h-back reps. He could get FB reps.

Both Asiasi and Keene are indeed JAG's. What should you expect from the bottom of the roster, with 2 solid TE's ahead of them. To me, Henry is the starter, Jonnu is the backup, and the other two are competing for the #3 TE spot. I don't see Belichick spending enough resources to get a significant upgrade at #3 TE.

About time he retired. He was horrible at snapping the football out of the shotgun. Jimmy kept getting swallowed up by his tackles with the snap taking so damn long to get to him.

Venecol is currently busy posting optimistic things in the Tompa Gronka thread. He’ll (unfortunately) be back shortly to like your post.
Is that the sequel to Willy Tompa and the fudge factory?

I disagree with your suggestion that we are not well set at TE.

Jonnu is a solid #2 TE in this league. I expect him to be extended. I agree that we don't know how he will be used this year. He could be primarily a blocker. He could get h-back reps. He could get FB reps.

Both Asiasi and Keene are indeed JAG's. What should you expect from the bottom of the roster, with 2 solid TE's ahead of them. To me, Henry is the starter, Jonnu is the backup, and the other two are competing for the #3 TE spot. I don't see Belichick spending enough resources to get a significant upgrade at #3 TE.
Mainly agree. He is a solid no. 2, but being paid as another no. 1. I think if he's extended it will either be after a turnaround in production, or closer to middle-of-the-pack TE money. Sokol's competing with Keane and Asiasi for that 3 spot. As long as they're cheap, they're safe. What year do they get real contracts?

About time he retired. He was horrible at snapping the football out of the shotgun. Jimmy kept getting swallowed up by his tackles with the snap taking so damn long to get to him.

Maybe we can trade ferentz, harry and slowjuan to San Fran for a bag of used footballs!

Who do you like? Suh is also available. A lot of older dudes.

Out of those on this list: Duane Brown & JC Tretter (protecting a possible franchise QB on his rookie contract is Job 1); Trey Flowers (we have Nobody to provide disruption from the edge of the LOS besides Judon); maybe Kevin King on a bounce-back; and a healthy OBJ.

Is he also gonna move them to Arkansas and have all their gear made in China?
Not sure the story is true since I just read they're going into 2nd round of bids.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back