PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Free Agency 2022 edition

what bias are you talking about, bigmouth? I'm not allowed to have my own opinion? What don't YOU phuck off and mind your own backyard you punk...
My bad. I neglected to mention that your p*ssy is also showing.

1652124395642.gif

They should sign a veteran CB and DL.

Problem is they don't have any money.

Trey Flowers and Danny Shelton work for me. Both are 29...relatively young.
Flowers seems inevitable. Eh on Shelton.
I would sign Bradberry if they think he can play. I'm sure Joe Judge knows him well enough.
Bradberry was pretty bad last year.

He gave up the most TD's, 3rd most yards and 3rd in targets. He was picked on a lot.

Bill should resign Berry. Still has some potential as a developmental guy, given his size snd athletic ability. He may just need more time to learn his new position.

How can anyone who cares about size care about Dean? That is why he fell to the 3rd round, small size and already is seriously injured. Dean was your pick in R3? Can't be. Makes no sense.

Yeah I wouldn't have taken Dean at 85 either; I would've taken either DE Cam Thomas or WR Jalen Tolbert, ass-uming that Strange69 would not have been available then...

What is much more important is what happens if Penning is not picked at 19 and is available at 21? That would have changed everything. No Strange, no Jack Jones, no Bailey Zappe, and no Panthers 2023 3rd round pick. That 3rd round pick next year will be a great pick.

I might've stayed at 21 for Penning, and for Jordan Davis... I previously would've stayed for McDuffie, but the way the first 20 picks had gone I was fairly sure that there would still be worthy CBs available at 29 too...

Bledsoe to Jefferson was fun to watch back in the day.

Yep... Too bad he didn't hang around another couple of years and pick up a ring here before retiring...

Didn't he get laid-out in Miami to start the 1996 season and miss the following week's loss to the Billdos? Didn't look good at that point...

Trey Flowers and Danny Shelton work for me. Both are 29...relatively young.
I prefer Hicks over Shelton unless ther4e is some issue we don't know about.

I prefer Hicks over Shelton unless ther4e is some issue we don't know about.
Yes me too...all day....but he is now 33 and Shelton is 29. Hicks was a very good DT but IMO 33 is too old. IMO Shelton had a good 2019. I'm hoping he can repeat that for a couple years.

Yes me too...all day....but he is now 33 and Shelton is 29. Hicks was a very good DT but IMO 33 is too old. IMO Shelton had a good 2019. I'm hoping he can repeat that for a couple years.
Hicks doesn't turn 33 until November. Hicks was still a starter on the Bears. And despite playing in 4 fewer games, Hicks still had more snaps (304) than Shelton (255).

When it comes down to it, I think that Hicks being in a rotation on the Pats will do better than Shelton would..

"Hocker started 32 games at Texas A&M before going undrafted in 2021. He signed with the Seahawks and then moved on to the Rams practice squad after getting cut in Seattle. He lasted about a month with the Rams and then finished out the year on the Jaguars practice squad."

"The Patriots have added to their tight ends room. New England has claimed Matt Sokol off waivers after he was cut by the Lions, according to the transaction wire. Sokol has bounced around in the early part of his career. He’s appeared in two games, both for the Chargers in 2020. He was on the field for 15 offensive snaps and 20 special teams snaps. But he’s had a pair of stints with Los Angeles, Jacksonville, and Detroit since entering the league as an undrafted free agent in 2019."

1652306900850.png

Last edited:

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes