PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL Division Round: Packers at Falcons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, been a few weeks since I popped in here. Great game in all aspects for the Packers. They had some adversity early on when they were down 14-7 after the kickoff return, but they then laid 35 unanswered points on the Falcons and never looked back. And I just heard that the Packers were the 6th team in NFL post-season history to not punt once in a game. It doesn't get much better than a good old-fashioned-playoff-butt-whooping... at least in the divisional round (after this they start to get trophies for their wins).

I feel fairly confident about beating either the Bears or Seahawks, so hopefully we'll be seeing you guys in Dallas for a re-match (only with Rodgers starting next time). Feels good to be back in the NFCCG with a very good shot at going to the Superbowl.

Hey guys, been a few weeks since I popped in here. Great game in all aspects for the Packers. They had some adversity early on when they were down 14-7 after the kickoff return, but they then laid 35 unanswered points on the Falcons and never looked back. And I just heard that the Packers were the 6th team in NFL post-season history to not punt once in a game. It doesn't get much better than a good old-fashioned-playoff-butt-whooping... at least in the divisional round (after this they start to get trophies for their wins).

I feel fairly confident about beating either the Bears or Seahawks, so hopefully we'll be seeing you guys in Dallas for a re-match (only with Rodgers starting next time). Feels good to be back in the NFCCG with a very good shot at going to the Superbowl.

Congratulations and be glad that your QB isnt the same as from 2007 NFCCG.

I would be too. The Bears played their starters with nothing to gain in an effort to keep the Packers out of the playoffs. The Packers still won and shut down the Bears offense. The only thing that would give me pause, if I were a Packers fan, is that this game would be played in Chicago again. Traditionally tough place to play for Green Bay against a defense that would be pretty well rested.

Congratulations and be glad that your QB isnt the same as from 2007 NFCCG.

Amen... Brent never had a game in the playoffs like Rodgers had today. If it wasn't clear already, Ted Thompson's hotly debated decision to trade Brent to the Jets has officially been vindicated this season. Brent would have bombed and Aaron Rodgers would have moved on to another team. All the talent without the diva.

Here's an amazing stat line for you guys... in Rodger's 3 playoff games:
77 completions
107 attempts
73.3% Comp Pct
969 yards
9.2 yds per att
10 TD's
1 INT
129.4 QB Rating

Last edited:

I thought it bizarre that someone was selling shirts
"Brent Favre" to show their unhappiness with him.
Unifying hatred, I guess.
Sounds too much like politics to me. But I get the anger.
I was angry with him leaving, and I am a lifer New Englander.
Good win today. Congrats. Some karmic justice,
Favre's disgrace, Pack back up on top.

'Lanta had a soft sched though.
Not sure why pack lost first round?
Injuries? Wasn't your team really bagged for a while?

Last edited:
If it did come to pass, it would be one of the best SB match ups I've ever seen.
That's how I feel too. If the Pats do make the SB then GB is the last team I'd want them to face, but it would make one hell of a SB

I thought it bizarre that someone was selling shirts
"Brent Favre" to show their unhappiness with him.
Unifying hatred, I guess.
Sounds to much like politics to me. But I get the anger.
I was angry with him leaving, and I am a lifer New Englander.
Good win today. Congrats. Some karmic justice,
Favre's disgrace, Pack back up on top.

'Lanta had a soft sched though.
Not sure why pack lost first round?
Injuries? Wasn't your team really bagged for a while?
I guess I called him "Brent" more out of habit, where among Packer fans everyone knows what you're talking about. Sounds like you've seen this before, but for those wondering where it came from, this was a popular t-shirt in 2008/2009:
412_48.jpg

Several reasons Pack didn't win division and a higher seed... much can be traced to injuries, but I don't want to use that as an excuse. They're definitely better than their record as they've lost all 6 games by 4 points or less, never been behind at any time all season by more than 7 points and they're 2nd only to the Patriots in point differential.

That's how I feel too. If the Pats do make the SB then GB is the last team I'd want them to face, but it would make one hell of a SB

To be the best, you've got to beat the best.... and that's why I'm hoping to face the Patriots in Dallas even though they'd be the toughest team to beat.

Last edited:
I think Mike McCarthy has solidified his place as the 2010 winner of the Head Coach of the Year

Belichick is still the best HC out there and his job this year was incredible but BB still had Brady all season while McCarthy practically put a bandage around his whole injury plagued team and made them heal enough to get to the NFCCG

Its not even a contest anymore IMO,McCarthy is THE man for the award

I think Mike McCarthy has solidified his place as the 2010 winner of the Head Coach of the Year

Belichick is still the best HC out there and his job this year was incredible but BB still had Brady all season while McCarthy practically put a bandage around his whole injury plagued team and made them heal enough to get to the NFCCG

Its not even a contest anymore IMO,McCarthy is THE man for the award

Listening to the end of the game, troy going on about it, I don't know.
BB may have done his best work with this years D.
Remember the terror? Heh.
Someone, pleeeeeas tackle that guy....

Troy, when he was still playing, (or a clip, I forget)
standing at the sideline, staring glassy eyed into space.
Had taken some serious shots to the head.
He was physically there, but, remember the look?

Anyway, for some reason that stupid song,
Achy breaky heart, and him made an association.
Now whenever he says something I don't like, I remember,
Oh my achy breaky head..
my achin aikman head

I was hearing that while he was selling Rodgers sure winner of super bowls.
Err, okay.
How about getting there first?
Heh.

But the GB coach is deserving of the award.
As the standard seems to be, "best coach who is not BB".

Last edited:
Listening to the end of the game, troy going on about it, I don't know.
BB may have done his best work with this years D.
Remember the terror? Heh.
Someone, pleeeeeas tackle that guy....

Troy, when he was still playing, (or a clip, I forget)
standing at the sideline, staring glassy eyed into space.
Had taken some serious shots to the head.
He was physically there, but, remember the look?

Anyway, for some reason that stupid song,
Achy breaky heart, and him made an association.
Now whenever he says something I don't like, I remember,
Oh my achy breaky head..
my achin aikman head

I was hearing that while he was selling Rodgers sure winner of super bowls.
Err, okay.
How about getting there first?
Heh.

But the GB coach is deserving of the award.
As the standard seems to be, "best coach who is not BB".
IMHO, belichick is the clear front runner for coach of the year.

As much as it pains me to say this, i do not want a tandem of brady winning MVP and belichick COACH OF THE YEAR. How many times has the mvp and coach of the year ON THE SAME TEAM, win the superbowl? I do not think the numbers are that favorable. It is all about the superbowl trophy and BB knows that

Last edited:
To be the best, you've got to beat the best.... and that's why I'm hoping to face the Patriots in Dallas even though they'd be the toughest team to beat.

i think your packers team has a bright future. Imagine how dangerous they will be next year, espeically when their injuries are fully healed. scary..

with that said, does aaron rodgers have a bright future or what? The kid is incredibly accurate (probably behind brady/manning/maybe brees), his mobility is INSANE and he dodges blitzes/rushes insanely well. The presence and vibe that he gives off is also of calmness and coolness (similar to brady).

And he can run to first downs himself.

Packers got a jewel in AR imo

with that said, does aaron rodgers have a bright future or what? The kid is incredibly accurate (probably behind brady/manning/maybe brees), his mobility is INSANE and he dodges blitzes/rushes insanely well. The presence and vibe that he gives off is also of calmness and coolness (similar to brady).

And he can run to first downs himself.

Packers got a jewel in AR imo

The only downside is the amount of concussions he's already suffered in his career.

Yeah, obviously barring injury. Maybe they need to get him a better OL?

i know you guys aren't looking ahead or anything, but i am

i think your toughest game would be packers vs NE, i think GB wins that game, because their main weakness is high yards per carry, and while you guys have a nice running game, i foresee another pats giants type, where you try and pass too much and the pressure makes you pay.

that said....i fully expect the bears to beat the seahawks and GB, because the bears shut down GB's offense with regularity this season, and IF the bears commit to the run like they've been doing, forte should gouge the crap out of their D.

so yeah, i'm saying bears pats sb, and a reversal of the 85 game

46-10 pats

Last edited:
i know you guys aren't looking ahead or anything, but i am

i think your toughest game would be packers vs NE, i think GB wins that game, because their main weakness is high yards per carry, and while you guys have a nice running game, i foresee another pats giants type, where you try and pass too much and the pressure makes you pay.

that said....i fully expect the bears to beat the seahawks and GB, because the bears shut down GB's offense with regularity this season, and IF the bears commit to the run like they've been doing, forte should gouge the crap out of their D.

so yeah, i'm saying bears pats sb, and a reversal of the 85 game

46-10 pats

hahaha, that would be ******* awsome (revenge from 15 years ago!). But really, i know most members/fans on this board want to play the team that gives us the best chance to win the superbowl (seahawks)? IMO, to be the best, you gotta slay the best. How awesome would this team look in history if they overcome the JESTS (over-hyped all season), Steelers (2nd Best team this decade behind Pats), and then Green Bay (who goes on a hot streak coming into the playoffs).

Green Bay does indeed pose us problems, but imo, what you saw against the packers in the regular season game was not us at full potential. I honestly think that the boys took Green bay lightly (Matt flynn, he was not gonna do **** in foxborough, right? :D), and since we were coming off of a tough 7 game schedule, we were bound for a letdown.

Now, i am not saying that Green Bay was at full power either (Hello, rodgers wasent there, and they had people in the IR, so did we), I think belichick and brady can take them down.

we will really find out what this patriots team is made up when they face the Jets. If the rookies continue playing great ball and great defense, i think we will win our 4th superbowl.

If we do make it to the superbowl (gotta get the jets and steelers first), and we do indeed face the Packers, we will get to see how Aaron rodgers fares against us, if hes truly elite, and more importantly, if Brady still has that clutch factor in the biggest games.
:rocker::rocker:

Last night's game was as much a commentary on the Falcons as it was the Packers. I watched the Fox pre-game and all but 1 picked the Packers, the road team playing the number 1 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back