PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com:New England Patriots' reign is great, whether you like it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
As for me...

5jmKb.gif

A decade ago I hated that people hated my team. The haters got under my skin.

Now I love it. :D

Patriot Derangement Syndrome is hilarious. Just check out the comment from the guy who wants an age cap on the league because Brady is too good for too long. Lol

Patriot Derangement Syndrome is hilarious. Just check out the comment from the guy who wants an age cap on the league because Brady is too good for too long. Lol
Agree. The haters make me happy now. All the crying about "rigged" on the Steelers board especially is so beyond the pale ridiculous. The Steelers fans are the most wretched, pathetic, butt hurt fans, in all of the sporting world.

Reactions: sb1
What is the comparable? The Bulls run in the 90s? The Celtics of the 60's?

from the article:

This degree of sustained excellence -- in a league constructed to counter it -- is more impressive than any other dynasty you want to throw at me. Celtics, Bulls or Spurs? Naw, try again. Yankees? UCLA basketball? Just not the same. Factor in the era, the competition and the madness that typically accompanies a single-elimination format (like the NFL playoffs), and the Patriots' reign is uncanny.

I agree. Add in free agency, the salary cap, the draft order, the unjust penalties of spygate & deflategate , and the length of the run (17 years). Nothing really measures up, as much as we all cherish the 60's Celtics.

Last edited:

Link, or am I missing something?

Agree. The haters make me happy now. All the crying about "rigged" on the Steelers board especially is so beyond the pale ridiculous. The Steelers fans are the most wretched, pathetic, butt hurt fans, in all of the sporting world.

Eagles might be worse but it's both from the state of PA. Iggles fans don't deserve a championship because of their ridiculous behavior off the field.

Why do I feel like this is a set up?

Yes it is.
And I like it.

The haters fuel the fear. The fear affects the coaches. The coaches make mistakes. The mistakes fuel Brady & BB. Thanks haters.

The haters fuel the fear. The fear affects the coaches. The coaches make mistakes. The mistakes fuel Brady & BB. Thanks haters.
And as each year passes into the past, the hate of the hater increases, fueling the fear further... That enhanced fear further affects the coaches, exponentially multiplying the coaching mistakes made by the other team, this increases exponentially, and eventually becomes permanent the nearer the pace of the hate's growth reaches toward infinity.

"Well that's what I heard" -Bill Murray, Ghostbusters

I honestly think nothing compares to the Patriots current run. I would be more likely to compare the 49ers run or the Spurs run to this one than any of the others mentioned.

I love that the Celtics won 11 out of 13, but the league was tiny, and there were two playoff rounds including the Finals.

The Bulls maybe because of the two three-peats and the recency of it, but the competition in the NBA of the 90s compared to the 80s, and the 00s.. is a joke. (Tough to blame someone for their competition though)

The other thing to keep in mind is we are crediting the Patriots for more that just Super Bowl wins, which is appropriate in a single elimination playoff league. 15 Division Championships, a 18-1 non-championship season, 12 AFCCG appearances, 8 AFC titles. 5 (going to be 6) SB titles.

If we do not credit the Pats Dynasty with all those other things, then we have a 10 year drought in the middle.. The longevity of winning so many games and titles is what matters..

It is always interesting to me how people treat the "drought".

Between 1964 and 1975, UCLA won March Madness TEN TIMES. That is pretty damned crazy, as note they didn't win with the same personnel no player was there more than four years at a time. That tournament is also single-round elimination. During that stretch, at different times they had Bill Bradley, Kareem, Bill Walton. Pretty crazy dynasty.

It is hard to compare to what the Patriots have done, as it was a different time, and UCLA clearly used questionable recruiting tactics so some people (e.g., Bobby Knight) see it as tainted.

Between 1964 and 1975, UCLA won March Madness TEN TIMES. That is pretty damned crazy, as note they didn't win with the same personnel no player was there more than four years at a time. That tournament is also single-round elimination. During that stretch, at different times they had Bill Bradley, Kareem, Bill Walton. Pretty crazy dynasty.

It is hard to compare to what the Patriots have done, as it was a different time, and UCLA clearly used questionable recruiting tactics so some people (e.g., Bobby Knight) see it as tainted.
UCLA played like 3-4 games to win it back then - not today’s 6. And the depth of competition was not there.

Eagles might be worse but it's both from the state of PA. Iggles fans don't deserve a championship because of their ridiculous behavior off the field.

Meh, this seems like some arbitrary rule you made up. I don't want them to get it by any means, but Eagles fans are much better fans than most of the teams in the league. The last ones you could ever call bandwagon IMO. I lived in Philly for 7 years and their obsession with that football team was incredibly annoying. To say a fanbase "doesn't deserve" a championship is pretty arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes