PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL.com:New England Patriots' reign is great, whether you like it or not

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use to have a signiture that said... embrace the hate for it is born of jealousy.

Meh, this seems like some arbitrary rule you made up. I don't want them to get it by any means, but Eagles fans are much better fans than most of the teams in the league. The last ones you could ever call bandwagon IMO. I lived in Philly for 7 years and their obsession with that football team was incredibly annoying. To say a fanbase "doesn't deserve" a championship is pretty arrogant.

Sorry but i will never forget when michael Irvin was down and they cheered. I can't stand them.

On the internet, people talk tough. In the interactions I've had face-to-face, with very, very few exceptions, most non-Pats fans sigh in resignation and admit they admire the hell out of the Pats/BB/Brady.

Between 1964 and 1975, UCLA won March Madness TEN TIMES. That is pretty damned crazy, as note they didn't win with the same personnel no player was there more than four years at a time. That tournament is also single-round elimination. During that stretch, at different times they had Bill Bradley, Kareem, Bill Walton. Pretty crazy dynasty.

It is hard to compare to what the Patriots have done, as it was a different time, and UCLA clearly used questionable recruiting tactics so some people (e.g., Bobby Knight) see it as tainted.
Bill Bradley didn’t go to UCLA

What is the comparable? The Bulls run in the 90s? The Celtics of the 60's?
Nothing.

-Salary cap era.
-8 SB Appearances.
-5 Titles & counting..
-17 year span and counting...
-Ever-changing 53 man roster
-Way more physical.
-Football is FAR superior in degree of difficulty not only from a physical standpoint, but a MENTAL standpoint. Football is chess, Basketball is checkers.
-I’m sure I’m missing some accomplishments.
-Lastly, #NOT DONE!!!

That meant that those teams were deeper, and more talented, todays teams are watered down when it comes to talent.
I never understood the anti Celtics argument. They are penalized for being highly concentrated with talent and greatness?

Nothing.

-Salary cap era.
-8 SB Appearances.
-5 Titles & counting..
-Way more physical.
-Football is FAR superior in degree of difficulty not only from a physical standpoint, but a MENTAL standpoint. Football is chess, Basketball is checkers.
-Lastly, #NOT DONE!!!

All with a league taking away draft picks which impedes it's ability to replenish it's roster with top talent

It’s interesting to me, last year the thing that mattered most to me was Brady getting # 5, a great big FU to Goodell and the rest of the league, and this year it’s all about this one thing for me......3 out of 4, for the 2nd time in the Belichick/ Brady era. That alone will make this the greatest franchise in football history. No team led by the same coach and QB has ever done it, and no team will ever match that. Discussion over, The Belichick/ Brady Patriots will be the all time GOAT Era.

It’s interesting to me, last year the thing that mattered most to me was Brady getting # 5, a great big FU to Goodell and the rest of the league, and this year it’s all about this one thing for me......3 out of 4, for the 2nd time in the Belichick/ Brady era. That alone will make this the greatest franchise in football history. No team led by the same coach and QB has ever done it, and no team will ever match that. Discussion over, The Belichick/ Brady Patriots will be the all time GOAT Era.

You could argue they are already there. Most people who would argue that at this point are the tinfoil hat and "Cheatriots" morons.

You could argue they are already there. Most people who would argue that at this point are the tinfoil hat and "Cheatriots" morons.

I think they are already there as well, but winning 3 out of 4 twice under Belichick and with the same QB makes it a done deal, period. The haters are idiots anyways so I don’t pay any attention to them, and shutting ESPN off about 10 years ago has dramatically lowered their noise level anyways.

Nothing.

-Salary cap era.
-8 SB Appearances.
-5 Titles & counting..
-Way more physical.
-Lastly, #NOT DONE!!!

I'd add in the advancements in film review. Entire staffs are created to review and break down everything you do on the field, looking for weaknesses to exploit.

The off-the-field prep today's Pats face is way beyond what any dynastic team faced in years prior, particularly teams pre-80s and perhaps even pre-00s as digital video is much more efficient than VCRs.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes