PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL clears Harrison and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
no information on if they turned over phones from the time period that these deals happened. Whats the deal here. im getting mixed signals Furer goodel.

Major league catcher Taylor Teagarden was caught on camera discussing PED use in the Al Jazeera report. He was suspended by MLB for 80 games. Interesting contrast.

There's something amusing about the notion of the NFL finding "no credible evidence" since the NFL has time and time again demonstrated a complete and utter lack of even the tiniest shred of understanding as to what constitutes "credible evidence."

If you have no idea what it is in the first place, how would you ever know if you've found it?

Now here is what I don't understand, and if I'm wrong would someone please set me straight.

To the best of my knowledge, to date, no one in the Manning camp has EVER denied that HGH was sent to Ashley Manning at on of his houses. And to date, no one in the Manning camp has EVER given an explanation of why Ashley Manning needed HGH (wh0 might have been pregnant at the time IIRC)

Just answer me those to questions and I'll be happy. But until they do, how can a league that condemns Tom Brady for nothing, declare Manning "innocent". Meanwhile the League office's latest attempt at achieving "parity" will begin on Saturday

The CBA demands that there be credible evidence before an investigation even begins, thus the NFL has in fact ruled that there was no reason to ever threaten these guys with suspension in the first place.

Incompetence.

The CBA demands that there be credible evidence before an investigation even begins, thus the NFL has in fact ruled that there was no reason to ever threaten these guys with suspension in the first place.

Incompetence.

So the NFL is basically saying (as it has all along).. that it had no idea that cold weather naturally deflated footballs by very significant amounts and yet... coincidentally the Patriots were also deflating their footballs.

**** them.

Ray_rice.gif

No credible evidence... unless someone else finds it and rubs it in their face.

Last edited:
See post # 22.
WOW! I missed that. I thought when Zimmerman and Howard were cleared I assumed that meant the all were. My bad

WOW! I missed that. I thought when Zimmerman and Howard were cleared I assumed that meant the all were. My bad
No problem. I only know because I heard it on the radio recently. Somehow, it's been an overlooked item. To me, it's significant as hell.

No problem. I only know because I heard it on the radio recently. Somehow, it's been an overlooked item. To me, it's significant as hell.
Well they got him talking about it so that's huge.

....and the crap was delivered to PMs house and they did nothing. Such BS

As Mort did not report, it is not true..

So it seems that how the NFL responds is dependent on who reports the allegation..

This is one of the many things that stokes that anger that will explode at about 4:00 PM on Saturday.. it is so f...ing stupid, so f...ing unfair, and so f...ing obvious.

I think this is a calculated move by the Godell/owners to break the players unity. They felt that the players were beginning to unite and public opinion was shifting in players direction.

Clear point:
With zero evidence, we have the right to suspend you for perceived failure to cooperate with us.
Submit, and there will be no penalty.
Pretty medieval.

A lot of businesses read the works of Sun Szu. These guys seem to be reading Orwell and Lenin.
Salem witch trials....we will burn you at the stake....you're dead....and will go to hell if guilty.....but, if you're innocent, you'll go to heaven....you'll still be dead though

I think this is a calculated move by the Godell/owners to break the players unity. They felt that the players were beginning to unite and public opinion was shifting in players direction.

Is this decision really making the players more comfortable that the NFL is following an unbiased, even-handed process to determine if there has been a drug or conduct violation?

IMO that ship has sailed.

Is this decision really making the players more comfortable that the NFL is following an unbiased, even-handed process to determine if there has been a drug or conduct violation?

IMO that ship has sailed.
Yep, DeAngelo Williams, in a shout out video to Harrison (and Matthews and peppers) just congratulated him, criticized the league for going after him, and said the NFL tried to "Tom Brady" him. He said that's what the players call it now (when the league goes after guys with no real evidence I'm guessing). I like it.

It would have looked kinda bad for Gomer if the NFL didn't clear them. "Yeah since we're all about the integrity of the game, these heathens are suspended for cheating since all these guys used... except Gomer... uhh I mean his wife."

Agree with the others about the shame/hilarity of the NFL trotting out the old no credible evidence line, even though they had less on the Pats, after a more thorough investigation. So transparent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST