PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFL clears Harrison and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The NFL never wanted to find anything in this scandal. If they found credible evidence of HGH use, it could open a can of worms. It wasn't that long ago that MLB was called in front of Congress for steroid use because they had no steroid policy. If there is an illusion to widespread HGH use in the NFL, they could face the same thing.

There is no integrity in the NFL office. They come down hard on the Saints because they need to show they are tough on player safety in the wake of the Concussion Lawsuit and they don't want to open the can of worms of the widespread HGH use in the NFL.
I still expected them to do it anyways because the NFL does contradictory things all the time. The HGH thing is interesting...they agreed on testing in the NBA and all the talk I read is about how LeBron and such will be busted but, there's noway in hell the NBA is going to bust anybody relevant. No star has ever been suspended for PEDs.

Yep, DeAngelo Williams, in a shout out video to Harrison (and Matthews and peppers) just congratulated him, criticized the league for going after him, and said the NFL tried to "Tom Brady" him. He said that's what the players call it now (when the league goes after guys with no real evidence I'm guessing). I like it.
Wait what? Isn't DeAngelo the same guy who has been backing Goodell for coming down on Brady? LOL.

Yep, DeAngelo Williams, in a shout out video to Harrison (and Matthews and peppers) just congratulated him, criticized the league for going after him, and said the NFL tried to "Tom Brady" him. He said that's what the players call it now (when the league goes after guys with no real evidence I'm guessing). I like it.

Of all people too.

They know. Zero trust.

DeAngelo Williams referred to it as "Tom Bradying" him?

I thought he was quoted saying he thinks Brady is a cheater and deserved his suspension

I thought he was quoted saying he thinks Brady is a cheater and deserved his suspension

He can still think he cheated and believe that he was railroaded.

An equipment violation is $5-$10k and the Chargers were fined $20k for stickum on the towel.

We all know what happened to Tom.

With that said I think you and I are thinking at a higher level than DeAngelo.

Hes just going with the direction of the wind and not putting a lot of thought into why he is.

Wasn't aware of Williams's previous thoughts on this. Oh well, here's to hoping that the players are waking up and can get something done in the next negotiations that might get the NFL under control and make this league at least watchable post TB & BB

I think many of the players on other teams were rooting for Brady and the Pats to get nailed even though they recognized that it was a screw job.

Let alone called for traveling or charging.

dwayne-wade-travels-against-portland-a.gif

"What is this 'traveling' of which you speak?" o_O

Williams probably thinks Brady's guilty but that he also got railroaded.

Confirmation bias is a powerful thing. People who *want* to believe that Brady cheated will believe it, even when acknowledging that the investigation that they concluded it was a sham, and that basic science proves no deflation occurred.

Williams probably thinks Brady's guilty but that he also got railroaded.

Confirmation bias is a powerful thing. People who *want* to believe that Brady cheated will believe it, even when acknowledging that the investigation that they concluded it was a sham, and that basic science proves no deflation occurred.

The best confirmation that people know that Brady didn't cheat is when they are discussing QBs and they speak highly of Brady, or wishing he played for X team proves it.

If Brady cheated in Deflategate then it is logical to assume that he has been cheating all along, therefore his success is due to cheating and no one should want him on their team, or respect his accomplishments.

Reality destroys their narrative.

I think many of the players on other teams were rooting for Brady and the Pats to get nailed even though they recognized that it was a screw job.
yea they don't see the big picture until it happens to them or their teammates.

Just like the players are not going to tell the refs when they called a bogus penaly.

"Oh ref? I know you called player X for defensive holding, which bailed us out of a 3rd and 25 scenario, but the truth is he never touched me. In all fairness you should pick up the flag and we should be punting."

Not gonna happen right? Just like the rest of the NFL* is not going to give up the competitive advantage that they were given vs the Patriots, and they are probably not even going to acknowledge that their competitive advantage was gained unfairly and is actually cheating.

The best confirmation that people know that Brady didn't cheat is when they are discussing QBs and they speak highly of Brady, or wishing he played for X team proves it.

If Brady cheated in Deflategate then it is logical to assume that he has been cheating all along, therefore his success is due to cheating and no one should want him on their team, or respect his accomplishments.

Reality destroys their narrative.

Sorta, yeah, I don't think it's 100% that simple though. Some players are really, really good and cheat anyway. For example, I have no doubt that Barry Bonds and Alex Rodriguez would've both been extremely good baseball players without PEDs, but they both used anyway. I assume anyone who believes Brady cheated but also thinks he's great would make a similar argument and probably use that same analogy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST