PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

NFC Championship Game: Vikings @ Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I the only one worried that, if it's a pats-vikings super bowl, the NFL will rig the game so the vikings can win in their own stadium? it would be a great storyline for their franchise...

The NFL doesn’t rig games, and is so incompetent that they would fail spectacularly if they ever tried. People misconstrue the officials’ natural tendency to get caught up in home crowd excitement and favoring the home team as evidence of “rigging” games (think of how many times the Pats have been screwed on the road and then try to think of games where they’ve been screwed at home—the former will dramatically outweigh the latter). If the crowd is overwhelmingly pro-Minny, it makes sense you could see this effect.

Agree on outnumbering Atlanta fans. But there were way more Seattle fans at SB 49.
I definitely don't think it was as big a disparity as you say in SB 49.

A Jacksonville & Philly SB would be the worst matchup since Indy & Chicago. I'm not even sure I'd watch.

I haven't looked in depth on this matchup and probably won't. Just a quick glance I have to say the Vikings probably take it.

I have been a big fan of the underdog in this years playoffs so i am not shy about picking them if I felt they would win. I just don't see it here.

The Vikings have a defense that held Drew Brees and that great offense to 24 points but honesty it should have been less. 7 of those were due to the interception and another 7 came off of a blocked punt. That means when not given a short field the Saints managed 10 points in a dome environment.

If you're telling me this defense and the eagles defense are equal then I have to say that is a lie. Going just by numbers the Vikings forced offenses to score 6.89 less points than usual and the Eagles forced offenses to score 2.66 less points than usual.

Yes both are good defenses but lets be clear. The Vikings are borderline great and the Eagles are pretty good. To put in in another context the Vikings faced the 5th hardest offensive schedule and STILL lead the league in defensive PPG at 15.75

They aren't an all time D but they are elite for sure.

Also I would argue they have the better offense right now over the Eagles but that is debatable. Give me the Vikings winning 17-9.

Part of me wonders how the Eagles will manage 3 FGs. It took luck for them to get 15 points vs the Falcons.

Last edited:
Good point. The posts on patsfans.com will have a meaningful impact on the outcome of next Sunday's game.
Have you come out of hiding or did you sign in with the wrong user name tb5xsb

I definitely don't think it was as big a disparity as you say in SB 49.

It was easily 70/30 Hawks to Pats fans in Phoenix. In Houston I'd say 60-40 falcons fans. At least on the outside walking around. Seahawks fans were generally friendly but that ****ing chant was annoying. Falcon fans were mostly loud mouth pieces of ****.

It was easily 70/30 Hawks to Pats fans in Phoenix. In Houston I'd say 60-40 falcons fans. At least on the outside walking around. Seahawks fans were generally friendly but that ****ing chant was annoying. Falcon fans were mostly loud mouth pieces of ****.
Not the numbers I read at the time, especially not in HOU. I repeatedly read from multiple sources that it was line being at a Patriots home game. But okay, maybe you're right. I wasn't at either game. I was just going by what I read.

No matter who is ahead posters will start getting concerned about that team and flip-flop who the better matchup will be throughout the game accordingly. And after the game we will have a 20 pages discussion on how the loser would have been a better fit.

Not the numbers I read at the time, especially not in HOU. I repeatedly read from multiple sources that it was line being at a Patriots home game. But okay, maybe you're right. I wasn't at either game. I was just going by what I read.

Well to be fair I didn't go into the game. I tailgated outside, so not sure what the numbers were inside. I know a **** ton of falcons fans tailgated as well.

Well to be fair I didn't go into the game. I tailgated outside, so not sure what the numbers were inside. I know a **** ton of falcons fans tailgated as well.

I was at SB 49 and it was definitely pretty much all Seattle fans. My section literally had only two other Pats fans- everyone else was Seattle or neutral.

The Seattle chants was everywhere. Even going to the bathroom at the game meant hearing the loud chant. Thank God Pats won.

Not that #s matter . but this is one uncanny stat..

Eagles, as the 1-seed mind you, 2nd best defense in the league by most metrics - are a home dog for the second-straight week.

Hard to believe considering it doesn’t seem like there’s that many Falcons fans at Atlanta games..Packers fans have gotten some loud chants going there.

I'm done wishing for one opponent over another after the 2007 Giants, 2010 Jets, 2011 Giants, and 2012 Ravens. Plus the Super Bowl is a big ol' mess of chaos no matter who is in it.

So I'm rooting for Minnesota, because I like them better than the Eagles and have friends from there.

Philly will head to the Super Bowl. They have the nobody believes in us mantra, at home, against a dome team.
Meh. MN beat GB 16-0 in 9 degree weather.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back